Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
The Father also says...

If we become FAITHLESS, HE abides faithful because HE CANNOT DENY HIMSELF

JESUS BEGINS, FINISHES AND COMPLETES the work of faith IN US.

We are justified and saved by the FAITH OF/FROM CHIRST (Galatians)

NO MAN HAS EVER LOST FAITH TO THE EXTENT of losing salvation....to say such a satanic false thing is to flat DENY the above truths and in essence makes GOD into a liar.

WE ARE KEPT BY POWER OF GOD THROUGH FAITH INTO SALVATION (the above faith)

To SAY A MAN can lose faith and lose salvation DENIES the above truths.....and IF THAT CAN HAPPEN....JESUS FAILED IN KEEPING US

I for one am sick of the Jesus devaluing deceivers that peddle a self sustained faith/salvation......and to be frank, PAUL double curses ALL that peddle that crap and those that swallow it are called foolish and bewitched!!
I was reading Paul this morning saying those people are accursed...
It reminding me of the people who believe we can lose our Salvation in here , not a good place to be in...
...xox...

Feb 29, 2020
Right here is excatly why you are in error.......rejecting context and skewing the bible to fit your false belief.......Jesus said MANY will come before him and what do they peddle....

a. Lord, Lord <--- claim to know him

b. HAVE WE NOT DONE <--SAME CRAP you and JUDGES PEDDLE
You left out:

Depart from me, ye that work iniquity <----- Who peddles this?

It does not say, Ye that work for your salvation.

E

eternally-gratefull

Context is my friend:

The "context" starts back at Chapter 10 verse 1.

Brethren, my hearts desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

Keep that in mind.

Now let's pick it up at chapter 11 verse 20.

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith

There is nothing else in the entirety of scripture that speaks of BELIEF, SALVATION, or FAITH that has nothing to do with the gospel, salvation, and believers.

Your enemy is your carnal mind (Romans 8:7) that naturally will not submit to God's law and finds every which way to scheme up ways to avoid being forced into submission to it.
Yep

For Israel. A nation. Not individuals

So even in your own context. Your thought this spoke of individual people is destroyed.

Yes lets pick it up in Chapter 11.

Who is they?

They are Israel

They are said to be blinded in part (consist of believers and unbelievers alike)

Who are you?

The roman church (gentile)

yep. Context is still your worse enemy

Oct 24, 2018
Why does Ephesians 2:10 follow after the 2 famous saved by Grace verses?

*** What did Jesus Christ say should be the attractions of Christianity?

What did the Apostle Paul indicate about such?

Didn’t Jesus Christ say “the world will know you are My disciples by your love for one another”?

Romans 14:17 says that “the Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ indicated what the Apostle Paul later wrote in his epistle to the Christians in Rome.

“And when He was demanded of the Pharisees, when the Kingdom of God should come,

He answered them and said,

'The Kingdom of God does not come with observation;

neither shall they say, 'See here!' or, 'see there'

for, indeed, the Kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:20-21)

And Jesus Christ said that if we love Him, we would obey His commandments and His other teachings.

And the love He was talking about is the unselfish agapè love

that we can only receive from God when we are right with Him;

it is not the usually selfish philèo and eros loves that either just happen or we produce.

Did you ever wonder what kind of Christians would be appreciated by victims of a tragedy,

the religious ones or the unselfish compassionate ones?

True Christians should be like the Moon reflecting the Sun’s light,

reflecting Jesus Christ (instead of selves) to others.

But many professing Christians are selfish humanists usually with a serious “I” problem.

And remember Satan had and has a serious pride and boasting problem.

In your life, who were the individuals in the churches you attended you liked the most?

Why did you decide to be a member in churches?

E

eternally-gratefull

You left out:

Yep

So see. You who profess works salvation are in essence working iniquity.

The sad part is, The pharisee could not see this.. They thought they were righteous, and were wrong

Same today. People who think they are rightous (sinless) and thats how they will earn salvation. yet in reality, they practice iniquity

E

EleventhHour

You left out:

Workers of inquity >>>>>> those who try to deceive people, boasting of their works, find righteousness in themselves.

E

eternally-gratefull

Two things:

1. I do not profess works salvation.
Yet you teach it
2. OSAS is the doctrine that allows for workers of iniquity to think they are saved in this condition.
NOSAS allows workers of iniquity to think they are righteous when in reality they are still under the curse of the law

Feb 29, 2020
Yet you teach it

NOSAS allows workers of iniquity to think they are righteous when in reality they are still under the curse of the law
I preach the pure, unadulterated, unleavened, scripture to anyone with ears to hear.

I cannot help if the leaven of false doctrines interferes with this.

Dec 12, 2013
I was reading Paul this morning saying those people are accursed...
It reminding me of the people who believe we can lose our Salvation in here , not a good place to be in...
...xox...
Exactly Rose......Jesus/faith embellished with ANYTHING or Beyond JESUS/FAITH = a dpuble cursed false gospel with no power to save....exactly why the number is PLENTEOUS that come before the throne only to be cast........MOST SO CALLED Christian religions embellish and or detract from Christ and in so doing peddle a false gospel with no power to save!

Dec 12, 2013
Two things:

1. I do not profess works salvation.
  2. OSAS is the doctrine that allows for workers of iniquity to think they are saved in this condition.
False again Least!! We rightfully point to Christ 100% and give all glory to God, you on the other hand say....Have I not done blah blah blah in your Name.....

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Exactly Rose......Jesus/faith embellished with ANYTHING or Beyond JESUS/FAITH = a dpuble cursed false gospel with no power to save....exactly why the number is PLENTEOUS that come before the throne only to be cast........MOST SO CALLED Christian religions embellish and or detract from Christ and in so doing peddle a false gospel with no power to save!
Yes that is correct , for Paul said there is only ONE gospel , and any other being preached is false...
...xox...

Dec 12, 2013
No, no, silly.

Workers of Iniquity >>>>> See Jude for starters.
Yep see Jude....1st on the list....people like you and Judges that offer your own works.....Have we not done blah blah blah

Lord I have SUSTAINED MY FAITH
Lord I have done many works
Lord I am sinless unlike these sinners

Yep.......your gospel is evident....zero power!

Dec 12, 2013
I preach the pure, unadulterated, unleavened, scripture to anyone with ears to hear.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAHHAAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WOW....you actually believe that don't you....

Delusional!!!

E

eternally-gratefull

The pharisees thought they taught the pure unadulterated scripture also

If you do not humble yourself like the pharisee Saul and Nicodemus and others did

I fear for your very eternal life.