Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Justified

Jul 13, 2021
Better read the WHOLE BIBLE, it all is GOD's Word.

Leviticus 26:14-18 (NCV)
14 “ ’But if you do not obey me and keep all my commands,
15 and if you turn away from my rules and hate my laws, refusing to obey all my commands, you have broken our agreement.
16 As a result, I will do this to you: I will cause terrible things to happen to you. I will cause you to have disease and fever that will destroy your eyes and slowly kill you. You will not have success when you plant your seed, and your enemy will eat your crops.
17 I will be against you, and your enemies will defeat you. These people who hate you will rule over you, and you will run away even when no one is chasing you.
18 “ ’If after all this you still do not obey me, I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

Jeremiah 11:23 (NCV)
23 No one from the city of Anathoth will be left alive, because I will cause a disaster to happen to them that year.“

Jeremiah 33:25-26 (NCV)
25 This is what the LORD says: “If I had not made my agreement with day and night, and if I had not made the laws for the sky and earth,
26 only then would I turn away from Jacob’s descendants. And only then would I not let the descendants of David my servant rule over the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. But I will be kind to them and cause good things to happen to them again.“

Ezekiel 36:33 (NCV)
33 “ ’This is what the Lord GOD says: This is what will happen on the day I cleanse you from all your sins: I will cause the cities to have people living in them again, and the destroyed places will be rebuilt.

Daniel 10:14 (ESV)
14 and came to make you understand what is to happen to your people in the latter days. For the vision is for days yet to come.”

Genesis 32:9 (HCSB)
9 Then Jacob said, “God of my father Abraham and God of my father Isaac, the LORD who said to me, ‘Go back to your land and to your family, and I will cause you to prosper,’

Genesis 43:14 (HCSB)
14 May God Almighty cause the man to be merciful to you so that he will release your other brother and Benjamin to you. As for me, if I am deprived of my sons, then I am deprived.”

Deuteronomy 28:63 (HCSB)
63 Just as the LORD was glad to cause you to prosper and to multiply you, so He will also be glad to cause you to perish and to destroy you. You will be deported from the land you are entering to possess.

Deuteronomy 28:7 (HCSB)
7 “The LORD will cause the enemies who rise up against you to be defeated before you. They will march out against you from one direction but flee from you in seven directions.

There are LOTS MORE of those kind of VERSES where GOD will Cause you to Prosper or Perish, just to prove GOD is totally in control, and NOT YOU. It is obvious, you have made up a false GOD, that let's you play GOD, and believe you are in control of your own destiny.

Humble yourself, repent, and COME TO Let Him really be LORD OF YOUR LIFE.

Isaiah 46:8-13 (NRSV)
8 Remember this and consider, recall it to mind, you transgressors,
9 remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like me,
10 declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, "My purpose shall stand, and I will fulfill my intention,"
calling a bird of prey from the east, the man for my purpose from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have planned, and I will do it.
12 Listen to me, you stubborn of heart, you who are far from deliverance:
13 I bring near my deliverance, it is not far off, and my salvation will not tarry; I will put salvation in Zion, for Israel my glory.
I am so glad that someone came along that knows everything, must great to be you. Your condescending attitude is really not needed. I do study the bible and what I see is that God is in control but not in the way you want Him to be. God really wants people to love Him but He will not force people to do that but you think that is the only way it could happen. Perhaps you should take your own advice and just read the bible and not try to reinterpret it.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I am so glad that someone came along that knows everything, must great to be you. Your condescending attitude is really not needed. I do study the bible and what I see is that God is in control but not in the way you want Him to be. God really wants people to love Him but He will not force people to do that but you think that is the only way it could happen. Perhaps you should take your own advice and just read the bible and not try to reinterpret it.

I have been a Born Again Christian since Dec. 30, 1977, Class of 1967, and interpret the BIBLE the OLD WAY. I am thankful for all outstanding Bible Teachers that HE has led me to.

Dr. John MacArthur,
Dr. Charles Stanley,
Dr. Ed Young,
Dr. Chuck Swindoll,
Dr. Richard Lee,
Dr. Adrian Rogers,
Dr. J. Dwight Pentecost,
Dr. Ben Haden,
Dr. Walter Martin,
and many others, all Evangelical Type of Pastors or Teachers, than do not contradict one another.

I am confident that I have found the Correct Interpretation, and am no longer being tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine.

Ephesians 4:11-15 (NASB)
11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,
12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;
13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;
15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 3:36 - He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Thank you God for your Word

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I have been a Born Again Christian since Dec. 30, 1977, Class of 1967, and interpret the BIBLE the OLD WAY. I am thankful for all outstanding Bible Teachers that HE has led me to.

Dr. John MacArthur,
Dr. Charles Stanley,
Dr. Ed Young,
Dr. Chuck Swindoll,
Dr. Richard Lee,
Dr. Adrian Rogers,
Dr. J. Dwight Pentecost,
Dr. Ben Haden,
Dr. Walter Martin,
and many others, all Evangelical Type of Pastors or Teachers, than do not contradict one another.

I am confident that I have found the Correct Interpretation, and am no longer being tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine.

11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,
12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;
13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;
15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,
I have enjoyed the teachings and benefitted from some of those same men :D Though I do not recognize all names, nor even agree with some on certain issues, I was happy to see Adrian Rogers' name on your list :cool: I was in my car the other day while he happened to be on the radio and recognized his voice readily after not hearing him for a while (our schedules do not mesh ;)). I do very much enjoy his style of preaching in most cases :) Two others I like from your list are Dr. Charles Stanley, and Dr. Chuck Swindoll :) Have you ever listened to Dr. Gary Hedrick of Messianic Perspectives? He has a very warm engaging preaching style also :) You can find him here (<= link ;)) The focus of his ministry ties in Old Testament prophesies to the New Covenant :D

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
It's very difficult to "turn the other cheek" especially whenever that person has supposedly been a friend for over 20 years. But then we must remember Christ did show us how it's done, as he went to the Cross for everyone.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina

Dr. John MacArthur,
Dr. Charles Stanley,
Dr. Ed Young,
Dr. Chuck Swindoll,
Dr. Richard Lee,
Dr. Adrian Rogers,
Dr. J. Dwight Pentecost,
Dr. Ben Haden,
Dr. Walter Martin,

I love Dr. Charles Stanley and his style of preaching.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
op: not by works for salvation?

How did this thread get OFF topic? Are all these uplifted "men" agreed With God
about HIS FREE Gift Of ETERNAL Life?

Or: should we Consider:

2Co_10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

hmmm...just wondering...

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I have enjoyed the teachings and benefitted from some of those same men :D Though I do not recognize all names, nor even agree with some on certain issues, I was happy to see Adrian Rogers' name on your list :cool: I was in my car the other day while he happened to be on the radio and recognized his voice readily after not hearing him for a while (our schedules do not mesh ;)). I do very much enjoy his style of preaching in most cases :) Two others I like from your list are Dr. Charles Stanley, and Dr. Chuck Swindoll :) Have you ever listened to Dr. Gary Hedrick of Messianic Perspectives? He has a very warm engaging preaching style also :) You can find him here (<= link ;)) The focus of his ministry ties in Old Testament prophesies to the New Covenant :D

Dr. John MacArthur is from Grace Community Church near L.A.
Dr. Ed Young was from a Baptist Church in Huston, Tx, I think.
Dr. Richard Lee was from a Baptist Church in Atlanta, Ga.
Dr. J. Dwight Pentecost was a Professor at Dallas Theological Seminary
Dr. Ben Haden was a pastor, and his program called Changed Lives from Chattanooga, TN.
Dr. Walter Martin, as the author of the influential The Kingdom of the Cults (1965), he has been dubbed the "godfather of the anti-cult movement". He was especially good at confronting Mormons, and Jehovah Witnesses.

Yes, I was blessed by those evangelical men, who were in my spiritual Growth years.

Dr. John MacArthur,
Dr. Charles Stanley,
Dr. Ed Young,
Dr. Chuck Swindoll,
Dr. Richard Lee,
Dr. Adrian Rogers,
Dr. J. Dwight Pentecost,
Dr. Ben Haden, was from a radio program called Changed Lives from
Dr. Walter Martin,

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
It's very difficult to "turn the other cheek" especially whenever that person has supposedly been a friend for over 20 years. But then we must remember Christ did show us how it's done, as he went to the Cross for everyone.
I forgot to mention, I thought the Lord was calling me home about 2 months ago. My blood pressure was bottomed out at 27. The rushed me to the Heart Team, at Bryon Memorial Hospital. They scheduled me for an emergency Pacemaker surgery the next morning. I did not expect to make it through the night, but did. The Pacemaker was a blessing in disguise, and now I feel like I could make it 15 more years.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
I forgot to mention, I thought the Lord was calling me home about 2 months ago. My blood pressure was bottomed out at 27. The rushed me to the Heart Team, at Bryon Memorial Hospital. They scheduled me for an emergency Pacemaker surgery the next morning. I did not expect to make it through the night, but did. The Pacemaker was a blessing in disguise, and now I feel like I could make it 15 more years.

OH my dear. I am so thankful you are ok. God is so GOOD, Merciful

Nov 17, 2017
Hi!
To lay down one's life for another is awesome. To lay down one's life for all mankind is saving and glorious.
Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

God Bless!!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

How did this thread get OFF topic? Are all these uplifted "men" agreed With God
about HIS FREE Gift Of ETERNAL Life?

Or: should we Consider:

2Co_10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

hmmm...just wondering...

Milk?:
(1) Bible "versions"? (2a) God's Simple Will! (2b) CHRIST's FULL Sacrifice!
(3) Bible "study" Rules (4) The Case FOR The Triune GodHead!
(5) God's Approval/TWO Different Gospels
(6) Distinctions In God's Two Different Programs: Prophecy vs Mystery!
(7a) God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST!
(7b) God's FREE Gift of {temporary?} ETERNAL Life!
(8a) 12 baptisms (8b) ONE Baptism
(9) GRACE Word for infirmities (10) 3 gifts Superseded By THREE Gifts

Meat?
(11) Great GRACE {MYSTERY} Departure @ the 2nd coming {prophecy}?
You would have to look at the length of this THREAD, to understand that as getting OFF TOPIC. I have been asked the SAME questions so many times, all because nobody wants to READ all the pages to find the question has been already been answered a multitude of times. Our answers SELDOM change, but neither do the Questions. I even started save answers to questions, so I could just COPY/PASTE. We have allowed a few Freedom in what we posted, just to keep the thread going.

I am not sure where you got that quote from as definition of MEAT the 2nd coming {prophecy} ? But I totally disagree with him, that MEAT is not strong meat, as it was my MILK, back in early 1978. In fact, the book of REVELATION was my MILK, when I got saved, it was very shortly after when I found Dr. John MacArthur, on Radio, "Grace to You". And he was teaching verse by verse all the way through Revelation, and he called it PURE MILK. Yes, I had my wife recording it, and listened to those tapes 4 times each. Yes I had other tapes by Dr. MacArthur in fact over 500 that I collected over the years, and yes I listen to all of them at least 4 times each.

Yes Prophecy was my spiritual MILK!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
How did this thread get OFF topic? Are all these uplifted "men" agreed With God about HIS FREE Gift Of ETERNAL Life?

Or: should we Consider: 2Co_10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

hmmm...just wondering...
FYI: OP was banned over a year ago...

In case you meant the person and not just the topic title ;):D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hi!

Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

God Bless!!

Romans 5:8
:)

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Watched a movie on Prime Video last night called "The last full measure." It was a perfect example of a person (medic) who laid down his life for over 60 people. He chose to go where he did not have to go. He was a hero of the Vietnam War. It took 30 years for those people whose lives he saved to make sure that the government bureaucratic line honored this man. That man's work under enemy fire and his refusing to be evacuated with wounded is to me the ultimate act of courage and godly action.

As for this thread being off topic, it has and it will probably get off topic again but this man was an example of not "working" for his salvation but he was an example of the Last Full Measure