Not interested

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
"99 bottles of beer on the wall..."

Perhaps a better way to drown one's own sorrow.

Of course, I'm not a drinking more but it is a pleasant thought. Probably stick with Psalms or maybe a Proverb or two to deal with the occasional dark gloomy day.
I probably read the entire book of psalms 3-4 times this year. Definitely a game changer.

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I probably read the entire book of psalms 3-4 times this year. Definitely a game changer.
I have read the entire book of Psalms this year too. My wife and I take turns reading the entire bible reading a couple pages each day. Usually takes 1 1/2 to 2 years to complete. Each time we pick a different version. I agree, definitely a game changer.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Thank you for clearing that up lynx. I think so many comments came at me at once and I’m brand new here, so don’t know how credible this site is and if the right spirit is here but after opening up to some forums. I feel like I’m at the right place and you guys are my people. Looking forward to processing more pains and hurts, and of course feeling Jesus’ healing presence from all of you.
Eh, any form gets all kinds. But yeah, different forums have a different feel to them. The feel of this forum is pretty chill and informative.

That's why they haven't been able to get rid of me for 10 years.

May 23, 2009
Eh, any form gets all kinds. But yeah, different forums have a different feel to them. The feel of this forum is pretty chill and informative. That's why they haven't been able to get rid of me for 10 years.
Goodness knows we've REALLY been trying! :geek::LOL::cool:

I have read the entire book of Psalms this year too. My wife and I take turns reading the entire bible reading a couple pages each day. Usually takes 1 1/2 to 2 years to complete. Each time we pick a different version. I agree, definitely a game changer.
Yeah, took me about 2 and a half years to get every book in, some books I read many times and during that time I must have read the New Testament 3 times during that 2.5 years. I started reading way more recently since I have so much time at the moment. Every time I suffer a lot I read psalms and then I just go onto proverbs and Ecclesiastes and so on and so forth. Job is good too. I have been told to read Job since 2018 but I finally listened to it and read it this year, even though I already knew somewhat of the story. Those four books are great. The whole Bible is packed with redemption stories.

Eh, any form gets all kinds. But yeah, different forums have a different feel to them. The feel of this forum is pretty chill and informative.

Well, glad having you here. I look forward to the different feels around this site. Hopefully more so Jesus’ healing presence just cause I got baggage to heal from but chill and informative can come in handy as well.

Jun 26, 2013
In this case "kinda" was riffing on my comment about eating a bowl of ice cream. But he left out the "dutch" which makes all the difference. Dutch chocolate ice cream is a whole other world.
Cookies and Cream ice cream is the preferred choice for the o.p., double dutch chocolate ice cream from Blue Bell, just won't do.

*********This comment may not be funny to some posters.************

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Same for me too. 10 years. Yeah, Singles is pretty chill and informative. A good forum to get to know who the players are, and what they are about.

Cookies and Cream ice cream is the preferred choice for the o.p., double dutch chocolate ice cream from Blue Bell, just won't do.

*********This comment may not be funny to some posters.************
Lol anything from blue bell seems to taste funny compared to let’s say haagen dazs. One has a bagillion ingredients and the other has 5 ingredients.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Lol anything from blue bell seems to taste funny compared to let’s say haagen dazs. One has a bagillion ingredients and the other has 5 ingredients.
That's why I like Blue Bell. Häagen-Dazs tastes really ultra smooth, but blue bell tastes very fresh and natural.