Offended?!?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Blackpowderduelist

Why is it that so many Christians are so easily offended?
Are we surprised when a sinner sins?
Do we not have the prophecies that tell us that the world is only gonna get worse?
We are the strong, the ones with vision, with wisdom, and the knowledge of how this all plays out, but so many Christians are so up in their feelings over worldly material stuff, and the sins of sinners that don't know Christ. How are we the light? How are we to rescue the brother caught up in a sin, if we are to offended by his error to correct in compassion and understanding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 11, 2020
Do we not have the prophecies that tell us that the world is only gonna get worse?
We are the strong, the ones with vision, with wisdom, and the knowledge of how this all plays out, but so many Christians are so up in their feelings over worldly material stuff, and the sins of sinners that don't know Christ. How are we the light? How are we to rescue the brother caught up in a sin, if we are to offended by his error to correct in compassion and understanding?
There are two aspects to this matter. Well have you said that Christians are quickly offended. The fallen "self" is so precious that it cannot survive the slightest buffet. But we must also proclaim Matthew 18:7.

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!"

It will do us all well to be gentle with other people, especially those of the Household of God. In Matthew 25 a glass of water refused to a Christian (or Jew), can lead to the Lake of Fire (44-46). The term "least of my brethren" indicates a slothful sinning Christian. They usually deserve a harsh rebuke. But be careful who you offend. Sobering!

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Are we surprised when a sinner sins? Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. The word of GOD cuts both saved and the lost

Do we not have the prophecies that tell us that the world is only gonna get worse? 2 Tim 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

We are the strong, the ones with vision, with wisdom, and the knowledge of how this all plays out, but so many Christians are so up in their feelings over worldly material stuff, and the sins of sinners that don't know Christ. How are we the light?
We are the LITGHT by obeying and doing what YESUAH'S WORDS SAYS, AND telling OTHERS about HIS love AND HOW HE wants to SAVE THEM.

How are we to rescue the brother caught up in a sin, if we are to offended by his error to correct in compassion and understanding?[/QUOTE]
Matthew 11:6 And blessed is [he], whosoever shall not be offended in me.
Also if they love sin and want give it up, GOD will send them strong delusions that they will believe a lie, and be damned,
YESUAH does not want to save those that won't give their Sin, WE would have A as evil as this earth is, And that is why Satan is going to be lost and destroyed, is that He will not repent and give up his SINS, SO He will be turn to ashes upon the GROUND, PRAISE GOD.
@Thess

2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
THAT is one reason that we are tried, to see if we will SIN, And I think IT is TO show US WHERE WE ARE AT WITH YESUAH, YESUAH letting us be tried to let us know, if we are passing or falling the test of being SAVED,

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Are we surprised when a sinner sins? Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. The word of GOD cuts both saved and the lost

Do we not have the prophecies that tell us that the world is only gonna get worse? 2 Tim 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

We are the strong, the ones with vision, with wisdom, and the knowledge of how this all plays out, but so many Christians are so up in their feelings over worldly material stuff, and the sins of sinners that don't know Christ. How are we the light?
We are the LITGHT by obeying and doing what YESUAH'S WORDS SAYS, AND telling OTHERS about HIS love AND HOW HE wants to SAVE THEM.

How are we to rescue the brother caught up in a sin, if we are to offended by his error to correct in compassion and understanding?
Also if they love sin and want give it up, GOD will send them strong delusions that they will believe a lie, and be damned,
YESUAH does not want to save those that won't give their Sin, WE would have A as evil as this earth is, And that is why Satan is going to be lost and destroyed, is that He will not repent and give up his SINS, SO He will be turn to ashes upon the GROUND, PRAISE GOD.
@Thess

2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
THAT is one reason that we are tried, to see if we will SIN, And I think IT is TO show US WHERE WE ARE AT WITH YESUAH, YESUAH letting us be tried to let us know, if we are passing or falling the test of being SAVED,[/QUOTE]
Being saved eternally is not a test.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
@Thess

THAT is one reason that we are tried, to see if we will SIN, And I think IT is TO show US WHERE WE ARE AT WITH YESUAH, YESUAH letting us be tried to let us know, if we are passing or falling the test of being SAVED,
Being saved eternally is not a test.[/QUOTE]
@Thess

Being saved eternally is not a test.[/QUOTE]

YESUAH say HE that ENdureS UNTILL THE END, Are you trying to make YESUAH A liar,

Hebrews
10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

B

Blackpowderduelist

There are two aspects to this matter. Well have you said that Christians are quickly offended. The fallen "self" is so precious that it cannot survive the slightest buffet. But we must also proclaim Matthew 18:7.

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!"

It will do us all well to be gentle with other people, especially those of the Household of God. In Matthew 25 a glass of water refused to a Christian (or Jew), can lead to the Lake of Fire (44-46). The term "least of my brethren" indicates a slothful sinning Christian. They usually deserve a harsh rebuke. But be careful who you offend. Sobering!
offense will be given, but it's not a cause to take offense. The whole turn the other cheek thing comes to mind. That is directive on how to deal with an actual offense.
I don't know how in the world some of these folks will survive an actual offense. When they can't take a sinner saying a bad word. Or a fellow Christian drinking a beer, or some one asking a sensitive question. Or dare I say a fellow Christian needing advice concerning their marital relations (by that I mean sex)
Glass of water equates to a basic need not placating weakness.
I will help a person walk who has a broken leg, I will hold an object for someone with a broken arm, I will open doors for folks burdened with arm loads of stuff. I will go to great lengths to help some one who needs it, but I refuse to placate snivelling whinging about petty stuff.
This is an example; a fellow got all offended after the release of the movie "Soul survivor" , because the main character wore a bikini on the beach. What an absurd notion to be offended that a surfer girl in California would wear a bikini on the beach.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
This is an example; a fellow got all offended after the release of the movie "Soul survivor" , because the main character wore a bikini on the beach. What an absurd notion to be offended that a surfer girl in California would wear a bikini on the beach.
Was this a Christian film maker?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I've noticed this a long time ago as well. I think one factor is that Christians have adopted a superiority complex. It makes me think of a peasant to runs up to a king, grabs his arm to make a request and the king fails his arm throwing the peasant back. And the king sits their offended that someone so beneath them would dare to even approach them in their filth.

There's also a major "us vs them" mentality. Non-Christians tend to be viewed as the enemy and that every action and motivation is about bringing down Christians. And if, as a Christian, you disagree then you are a closet pagan, a walk in sheeps clothing.

Humbleness, servanthood, humility and the Great Commission are not really taught anymore. Instead you should make your best life now to create a purpose driven life.

Also an inability to see ones own plank. I have posted criticisms about behaviors (without naming names) and some of the people I was thinking of would give me a thumbs up. They are so convinced of their own infallibility that they could never consider their own faults.

I believe these are some of the key problems.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Was this a Christian film maker?
Supposedly. It's the story of a surfer girl who is a Christian, who gets her arm bit off by a shark, but the gets back on the surf board, and uses it as a testimony. I didn't watch it.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
New age revolutionary doctrines produce erroneous fruit unprepared to turn the other cheek because people dont teach the truth but a world friendly doctrine to conform to the worldly things..Doctrine that appears as a lamb but the words are of a dragon. Maturity comes from accepting the word of truth carnality causes offense self is why

Jun 11, 2020
offense will be given, but it's not a cause to take offense. The whole turn the other cheek thing comes to mind. That is directive on how to deal with an actual offense.
I don't know how in the world some of these folks will survive an actual offense. When they can't take a sinner saying a bad word. Or a fellow Christian drinking a beer, or some one asking a sensitive question. Or dare I say a fellow Christian needing advice concerning their marital relations (by that I mean sex)
Glass of water equates to a basic need not placating weakness.
I will help a person walk who has a broken leg, I will hold an object for someone with a broken arm, I will open doors for folks burdened with arm loads of stuff. I will go to great lengths to help some one who needs it, but I refuse to placate snivelling whinging about petty stuff.
I tend to agree with you. The Lord has warned us that offenses MUST come. It is a sign of spiritual maturity to be generous with those who offend you - by not retaliating. But we must also not forget that our Lord measures the offense by the weakest one. That is, if a weak or immature Christian can't, by conscience, eat certain foods, the stronger must lower himself to that standard (1st Cor.8).

On the other hand, when a "salty" word is necessary, we should also not hold back. Do all things led by the Spirit, and do all things in love. That we will be offended is a given. That we will unwittingly offend others is also a given. But be ready to deal with it both ways.

Actually, this Forum is a great school be being offended and doing nothing about it, and being measured with our words so as not to offend. But sometimes it is inevitable.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
It's not only "worldy material stuff", many christians have a past of much hurts and wounds in their lives and those remains sometime will break asunder.

B

Blackpowderduelist

It's not only "worldy material stuff", many christians have a past of much hurts and wounds in their lives and those remains sometime will break asunder.
Everyone has a history of past hurts, most have a world of them. However we are Christians, Christ has won the victory over these things for us. So that when our enemies come to devour us, we know that this enemy is a shadow, because we are already delivered.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Are we surprised when a dinner sins?
That depends what was on the menu. There are those that find broccoli offensive. I find it to be agreeable, especially in stir-fry.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
offenses will come, but I think it seems some christians are more easily offended than others if they are babes in christ...or possibly more sheltered than others.

Jesus did say that anyone who offends children ought to have a millstone around their neck and be cast into the bottom of the sea. Its because most children are innocent.

B

Blackpowderduelist

That depends what was on the menu. There are those that find broccoli offensive. I find it to be agreeable, especially in stir-fry.
I didn't say dinner.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I tend to agree with you. The Lord has warned us that offenses MUST come. It is a sign of spiritual maturity to be generous with those who offend you - by not retaliating. But we must also not forget that our Lord measures the offense by the weakest one. That is, if a weak or immature Christian can't, by conscience, eat certain foods, the stronger must lower himself to that standard (1st Cor.8).

On the other hand, when a "salty" word is necessary, we should also not hold back. Do all things led by the Spirit, and do all things in love. That we will be offended is a given. That we will unwittingly offend others is also a given. But be ready to deal with it both ways.

Actually, this Forum is a great school be being offended and doing nothing about it, and being measured with our words so as not to offend. But sometimes it is inevitable.
amen good thoughts

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
On this site, there are many posters who ask a tremendous amount of turning the other cheek. Some of the name calling I have read would make the proverbial sailor blush.