I believe in a literal 6 day creation. I believe that the earth is only a few thousand yrs old. I serve an allmighty God who speaks things into existance, not a retarded god who takes millions of yrs to create anything
That is true, Exodus 20:11 is clear that God made the earth and everything in it in 6 daysI believe in a literal 6 day creation. I believe that the earth is only a few thousand yrs old. I serve an allmighty God who speaks things into existance, not a retarded god who takes millions of yrs to create anything
Unfortunately, you also serve a god who lies. Pity.
What is meant by this?
I think you mean satan?
I mean that if you insist on a literal reading of Genesis, then you worship a god who lies in his creation.
Your choices are as follows:
1) The world was created in six 24-hour days, and then tricked-out to make it appear that it was older, making said creator a sneak and a trickster.
OR
2) The world was created exactly as it appears to have been created, and God wrote Genesis as a beautiful parable describing the events poetically, not intending them to be taken literally.
If you would rather worship a trickster god (and yes, "Satan" would be one possible name for such a deity, if it exists), then I will support your right to do so. I believe in freedom of religion, and that means even if someone is worshiping what I perceive to be a false god, they have the right to do that.
Just know that a god who would fake things, make it look like the world is older than it really is, lie about its age .... such a god is not the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Jesus told us about a God of Truth and Love. Jesus spoke in parables, so there is no reason not to think God would not also, from time to time, speak in parables. That is, if you believe that Jesus is God.
But then, you've already admitted that your god is not the same as Jesus, so who knows.
There is a third choice / option...TheGrungeDiva said:Your choices are as follows:
1) The world was created in six 24-hour days, and then tricked-out to make it appear that it was older, making said creator a sneak and a trickster.
OR
2) The world was created exactly as it appears to have been created, and God wrote Genesis as a beautiful parable describing the events poetically, not intending them to be taken literally.
I started watching this about two days ago. I'm about half way through it. Definitely got me re-thinking some things.There is a third choice / option...
Go watch this Creation Seminar (all of it). Then come back and tell us you have not changed your mind about the Creation.
"I triple-dog dare ya..."![]()
![]()
.
Unfortunately, you also serve a god who lies. Pity.
You know what else a pity??.....the fact that you will now be occupying the # 18 slot in my ignore bin....
There is a third choice / option...
Go watch this Creation Seminar (all of it). Then come back and tell us you have not changed your mind about the Creation.
"I triple-dog dare ya..."![]()
![]()
.
I am an Old Earth supporter and theistic evolutionist. Science definitely supports the idea and I think you could make a good case that the word yom would, in this case, refer to a very long period of time.
Oh, I am very aware of the attempts to harmonize the two accounts. Not unlike the attempts to buy that bridge....
God hasn't lied to anyone. You have to remember that man is interpreting the world around him through falling sinful eyes. The sinful hidden motives in mans heart will absolutely have an influence on the way man perceives and interprets everything. So if man comes to the wrong conclusion because he relied on his own flawed understanding and perception instead of the word of God, don't blame God for that.I mean that if you insist on a literal reading of Genesis, then you worship a god who lies in his creation.
Your choices are as follows:
1) The world was created in six 24-hour days, and then tricked-out to make it appear that it was older, making said creator a sneak and a trickster.
OR
2) The world was created exactly as it appears to have been created, and God wrote Genesis as a beautiful parable describing the events poetically, not intending them to be taken literally.
If you would rather worship a trickster god (and yes, "Satan" would be one possible name for such a deity, if it exists), then I will support your right to do so. I believe in freedom of religion, and that means even if someone is worshiping what I perceive to be a false god, they have the right to do that.
Just know that a god who would fake things, make it look like the world is older than it really is, lie about its age .... such a god is not the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Jesus told us about a God of Truth and Love. Jesus spoke in parables, so there is no reason not to think God would not also, from time to time, speak in parables. That is, if you believe that Jesus is God.
But then, you've already admitted that your god is not the same as Jesus, so who knows.
You've never heard this argument, so it must not be a good one. Hmm. That's funny.I think that your 'God is lying if the earth is young' argument doesn't hold water for anyone; I've never found a book or person that used that sort of argument.
Now that's just silly. There's a difference between being "healed" and being "cured." If Jesus had performed advanced neuro-surgery on the blind man, then we can talk about deception and cognitive dissonance. It was a healing, clearly a miracle, and clearly what was intended.When Jesus healed the blind man, was he being deceptive then, giving it the appearance as though a modern doctor had healed the man using technology thousands of years ahead of time?
And like I said, if God had wanted to create the world in six 24-hour days, I'm sure he could have. If he wanted to create the world in six seconds, he could. But God did not choose to do that. God chose to create the world by using the process of evolution. That was his choice, and I don't see why you or anyone else should criticize God for making that choice.God does things that are otherwise impossible.
Ummm, no. If God were to create a granite rock out of nothing right now, scientists would say that it was a new rock. It would have all the appearance of something that had come into being right now, exactly as God created it. That is the way it works.If God were to make a granite rock out of nothing right now, scientists would think that it was billions of years old.
He did not deceive me into thinking that. He PROVED it to me by creating the universe. If you feel deceived into believing that God created life out of nothing, that is your problem. It is not a problem for me, and it is not a problem for any physicist I have ever met.When God created the universe out of nothing, do you think that he deceived us into thinking that matter springs out of nothing, as some quantum physicists think, or that an entire universe could just come from nothing?
Your lack of ability to understand is not my problem, either. If you can't understand that 2+2=4, that doesn't make it 5, does it?Your 'God is lying is the universe is 6000 years old' argument makes no sense.
Youtube drdino. He was a science teacher and he gives a lot of scientific evidence that supports a very young earth.