on computers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

persistent

Hi there stranger.
‘My name is Eli. How can I help you today?

For training purposes this call may be recorded for quality assurance.
Why don't Mods respond?

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Hey at least I’m here answering questions in real time aren’t I?
And your questions aren’t going into the black hole, :p

P

persistent

Hey at least I’m here answering questions in real time aren’t I?
And your questions aren’t going into the black hole, :p
Yea....Yea....Yea......shittim suggested removing a post email but it is too late and possible phisher here.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Yea....Yea....Yea......shittim suggested removing a post email but it is too late and possible phisher here.
Yeah I saw that too but I‘m not running the software here man.
But if something has happened to your computer then contact me in private so I can give you some answers if you don’t want them in public.
‘But as far as your specific questions about this site, I have no idea how they run things here.

P

persistent

Yeah I saw that too but I‘m not running the software here man.
But if something has happened to your computer then contact me in private so I can give you some answers if you don’t want them in public.
‘But as far as your specific questions about this site, I have no idea how they run things here.
Time stamp in header on legit posts.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Someday users will figure out that Christian Chat doesn't have millions of dollars in funding to keep a full time staff to reply to each and every report personally in real time. I review each and every reported post as I have time and by far the majority of them really don't justify a personal response to the reporting user. Generally, persons who randomly accuse another user of being a scammer yet provide absolutely no information (other than their gut feeling) to support that accusation get no further review because I can't reasonably take action against a user based on a random user's gut feeling.`

An adult user who chooses to be foolish enough to post personal contact information when there is a warning against doing so at the head of every forum section deserves whatever comes their way. Any user who actually utilizes that information to contact a user off site IMO is equally foolish

P

persistent

Someday users will figure out that Christian Chat doesn't have millions of dollars in funding to keep a full time staff to reply to each and every report personally in real time. I review each and every reported post as I have time and by far the majority of them really don't justify a personal response to the reporting user. Generally, persons who randomly accuse another user of being a scammer yet provide absolutely no information (other than their gut feeling) to support that accusation get no further review because I can't reasonably take action against a user based on a random user's gut feeling.`

An adult user who chooses to be foolish enough to post personal contact information when there is a warning against doing so at the head of every forum section deserves whatever comes their way. Any user who actually utilizes that information to contact a user off site IMO is equally foolish
I thought I was doing the right thing by reporting something suspicious.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Time stamp in header on legit posts.
There is a time (or date) stamp on EVERY post in this thread. Once the post goes beyond several days to a week old the site just shows the date the post was made rather than day and time. You can look through any thread on this site and see the NO POST beyond a week old shows the time it was posted.

P

persistent

There is a time (or date) stamp on EVERY post in this thread. Once the post goes beyond several days to a week old the site just shows the date the post was made rather than day and time. You can look through any thread on this site and see the NO POST beyond a week old shows the time it was posted.
Page 3 post #41 on my thread of on computers does not show a time stamp but post #40 on page 2 shows time stamp and post 45 page 3 shows time stamp.

P

persistent

Page 3 post #41 on my thread of on computers does not show a time stamp but post #40 on page 2 shows time stamp and post 45 page 3 shows time stamp.
Time stamps seem to be missing only on 41 42 43 &44

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
So this would mean that there is a setting or something in your computer which needs to be fixed because I can see every time stamp correctly here.
Like post a screenshot of what you’re seeing and post it here so we can address it properly.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I bounced around and they all showed up just fine.

What browser are you using?

As Eli requested, can you post a screenshot of the posts, where they do not show a timestamp?

Maybe try a reboot? Most simple thing to do, and might clear everything up.

P

persistent

So this would mean that there is a setting or something in your computer which needs to be fixed because I can see every time stamp correctly here.
Like post a screenshot of what you’re seeing and post it here so we can address it properly.
I don't know how to do a screen shot. But I may see now that I misread headers but it does not negate the possibility of post #41 and #45 being scammers phishing.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Any luck? Eli1 is working on it too
Actually neither of us is technically working on anything. We're just random people who happen to check a forum occasionally and maybe offer advice if we can.