Ordination

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
OH ---Not Worries about a late reply -----we all get busy in our lives ----I so appreciate your Post --thank you ----

The only reason I was asking about such an early revelation of being saved is ----and don't know if your aware of this---but Scripture seems to indicate that God sees Children as innocent ---even though we are born with the Sin nature -----God in His Grace seems Not to impute sin on Children until they are able to distinguish Good from Evil and have an understanding of what sin really is ----and have a good understanding of the meaning of Jesus death and resurrection through Faith ----

Now ---That doesn't mean that Children can't be saved at an early age ----as some Children advance in their understanding quicker than others -----and only God Knows who they are and only God knows their heart ----

You are so fortunate to have had a great understanding of what sin is and what Jesus accomplished on the cross for you at such an early age ------this is very rare -----I would think --so good on you

These are a few scriptures that may indicate God's Grace is provided and He sees Children as innocent ---I am posting the context of the Scripture here --

Deuteronomy 1:34-40 ESV

The Penalty for Israel's Rebellion

34 “And the Lord heard your words and was angered, and he swore,

35 ‘Not one of these men of this evil generation shall see the good land that I swore to give to your fathers,

36 except Caleb the son of Jephunneh. He shall see it, and to him and to his children I will give the land on which he has trodden, because he has wholly followed the Lord!’

37 Even with me the Lord was angry on your account and said, ‘You also shall not go in there.

38 Joshua the son of Nun, who stands before you, he shall enter. Encourage him, for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.

39 And as for your little ones, who you said would become a prey, and your children, who today have no knowledge of good or evil, they shall go in there. And to them I will give it, and they shall possess it.

40 But as for you, turn, and journey into the wilderness in the direction of the Red Sea.’

Isaiah 7 ---is speaking of the Coming Messiah -----

Isaiah 7:10-16 ESV

The Sign of Immanuel

10 Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz: 11 “Ask a sign of the Lord your[a] God; let it be deep as Sheol or high as heaven.”

12 But Ahaz said, “I will not ask, and I will not put the Lord to the test.”

13 And he[b] said, “Hear then, O house of David! Is it too little for you to weary men, that you weary my God also?

14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.[c]

15 He shall eat curds and honey when he knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good.

16 For before the boy knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land whose two kings you dread will be deserted.

So --I say -------there may be some Children who have come to the knowledge of choosing good over evil at a young age to be able to say they are sinners and know what sin is -----but again I think it is rare ---

God does provide us with Jesus at the age of 12 being in the Temple ----and The Jewish people say that at 12 and 13 is when their Children mature to know good from evil -----???????????????????

I say -----Also there is a passage in Exodus that some use as an age for maturity ----which is age 20 as they can be taxed at that age -----

Exodus 30:11-15 Amp B

The Ransom Money
11 Then the Lord said to Moses,

12 “When you take the census of the Israelites, each one shall give a ransom for himself to the Lord when you count them, so that no plague will come on them when you number them.

13 This is what everyone who is counted shall give [as he joins those already counted]: a half shekel, according to the sanctuary shekel (the shekel is twenty gerahs); a half shekel as a contribution to the Lord.

14 Everyone who is counted, from twenty years old and over, [as he joins those already counted], shall give this contribution to the Lord.

15 The rich shall not give more and the poor shall not give less than half a shekel, when you give this contribution to the Lord to make atonement for yourselves.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think -----God showing His Grace here makes sense to me ---as Morally children need to be taught what is the difference between good and evil -----I think kids learn at a young age when they do wrong they get chastised for it and when they do good hopefully they get praised for it ---but I don't think their understanding of the discipline is there nor the reasoning for their actions is there -----

This is an article on this ----read all --I just posted this part

https://truthforkids.com/age-of-accountability

This article has been written with caution, acknowledging that there are things only God knows. The age of accountability of each child is one of them.

What do we mean by the age of accountability? In essence, it is the age at which a child becomes accountable to God and answerable to Him for his or her sin - Matthew 12:36.

We may draw conclusions from the Bible and, based on those, come to some understanding of the factors that come into play, but there are no absolutes to indicate at which point during the formative years of a child the transition to spiritual accountability takes place.

The concept of the age of accountability is based on the belief that a young child is covered by God’s grace until they become spiritually conscious of defying or resisting Him, as stated in Romans 8:7.

This means that children will not be judged for their sin until they reach an age where their conscience has developed to the extent that they have a conviction of being sinful. Children get to know right from wrong by being taught (trained). Consequently, they start to understand the difference between being obedient and disobedient—being good or naughty. But that understanding is different from being aware that they are sinful and spiritually separated from God. A general sense of guilt and conviction of sin only starts to develop in the pre-adolescent years.

When a child has done something wrong, the uncomfortable feeling inside is that of fear rather than guilt. A child is afraid of being found out because of the unpleasant consequences that follow. However, after the matter is dealt with, there is no lingering feeling of guilt, and all is well again.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
May I ask a question?

In the Christian religion what is the difference between one who is "ordained" and one who is not?

Jun 10, 2023
Thread Title
Ordination

God will ordain His Ministers --not Man

This is what a true Minister is -----and WE ---Who are Born Again are all Ministers ----No Seminary School can prepare you for the Ministry of Jesus Christ ----Only the Holy Spirit can do that -----Folks

This Scripture below gives you the Who are Ministers and the what is needed to be a true Minister for Christ ---and how you get there ------No Seminary school mentioned -----

Posting the whole Scripture so it is in Context -------

Your Bible and the Holy Spirit are your Seminary School for being an Ordained Minister of God --------in my view

The Master degrees ----and all other degrees are for this world only ---they mean nothing to God ------without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit ---your a minister of Satan ---Period

And pay attention to Verse 14 here -------

14 So then, we may no longer be children, tossed [like ships] to and fro between chance gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, [the prey of] the cunning and cleverness of [c]unscrupulous men, [gamblers engaged] in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead.

Ephesians 4

Amplified Bible, Classic Edition

4 I therefore, the prisoner for the Lord, appeal to and beg you to walk (lead a life) worthy of the [divine] calling to which you have been called [with behavior that is a credit to the summons to God’s service,

2 Living as becomes you] with complete lowliness of mind (humility) and meekness (unselfishness, gentleness, mildness), with patience, bearing with one another and making allowances because you love one another.

3 Be eager and strive earnestly to guard and keep the harmony and oneness of [and produced by] the Spirit in the binding power of peace.

4 [There is] one body and one Spirit—just as there is also one hope [that belongs] to the calling you received—

5 [There is] one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of [us] all, Who is above all [Sovereign over all], pervading all and [living] in [us] all.

7 Yet grace (God’s unmerited favor) was given to each of us individually [not indiscriminately, but in different ways] in proportion to the measure of Christ’s [rich and bounteous] gift.

8 Therefore it is said, When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive [He led a train of [a]vanquished foes] and He bestowed gifts on men.

9 [But He ascended?] Now what can this, He ascended, mean but that He had previously descended from [the heights of] heaven into [the depths], the lower parts of the earth?

10 He Who descended is the [very] same as He Who also has ascended high above all the heavens, that He [His presence] might fill all things (the whole universe, from the lowest to the highest).

11 And His gifts were [varied; He Himself appointed and gave men to us] some to be apostles (special messengers), some prophets (inspired preachers and expounders), some evangelists (preachers of the Gospel, traveling missionaries), some pastors (shepherds of His flock) and teachers.

12 His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints (His consecrated people), [that they should do] the work of ministering toward building up Christ’s body (the church),

13 [That it might develop] until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the [[b]full and accurate] knowledge of the Son of God, that [we might arrive] at really mature manhood (the completeness of personality which is nothing less than the standard height of Christ’s own perfection), the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Christ and the completeness found in Him.

14 So then, we may no longer be children, tossed [like ships] to and fro between chance gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, [the prey of] the cunning and cleverness of [c]unscrupulous men, [gamblers engaged] in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead.

15 Rather, let our lives lovingly [d]express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

16 For because of Him the whole body (the church, in all its various parts), closely joined and firmly knit together by the joints and ligaments with which it is supplied, when each part [with power adapted to its need] is working properly [in all its functions], grows to full maturity, building itself up in love.

17 So this I say and solemnly testify in [the name of] the Lord [as in His presence], that you must no longer live as the heathen (the Gentiles) do in their perverseness [in the folly, vanity, and emptiness of their souls and the futility] of their minds.

18 Their [e]moral understanding is darkened and their reasoning is beclouded. [They are] alienated (estranged, self-banished) from the life of God [with no share in it; this is] because of the ignorance (the want of knowledge and perception, the willful blindness) that is [f]deep-seated in them, due to their hardness of heart [to the insensitiveness of their moral nature].

19 In their spiritual apathy they have become callous and past feeling and reckless and have abandoned themselves [a prey] to unbridled sensuality, eager and greedy to indulge in every form of impurity [that their depraved desires may suggest and demand].

20 But you did not so learn Christ!

21 Assuming that you have really heard Him and been taught by Him, as [all] Truth is in Jesus [embodied and personified in Him],

22 Strip yourselves of your former nature [put off and discard your old unrenewed self] which characterized your previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion;

23 And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude],

24 And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God’s image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness.

25 Therefore, rejecting all falsity and being done now with it, let everyone express the truth with his neighbor, for we are all parts of one body and members one of another.
26 When angry, do not sin; do not ever let your wrath (your exasperation, your fury or indignation) last until the sun goes down.

27 Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him].

28 Let the thief steal no more, but rather let him be industrious, making an honest living with his own hands, so that he may be able to give to those in need.

29 Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God’s favor) to those who hear it.

30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [do not offend or vex or sadden Him], by Whom you were sealed (marked, branded as God’s own, secured) for the day of redemption (of final deliverance through Christ from evil and the consequences of sin).

31 Let all bitterness and indignation and wrath (passion, rage, bad temper) and resentment (anger, animosity) and quarreling (brawling, clamor, contention) and slander (evil-speaking, abusive or blasphemous language) be banished from you, with all malice (spite, ill will, or baseness of any kind).

32 And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave you

I say
Good Read here from got questions ----for anyone interested

https://www.gotquestions.org/ordination.html
What does the Bible say about ordination?
AMEN

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
May I ask a question?

In the Christian religion what is the difference between one who is "ordained" and one who is not?
Great Question

All ---True Born Again Holy Spirit indwelled Christians are the only True Ordained Ministers ---in my view

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
May I ask a question? In the Christian religion what is the difference between one who is "ordained" and one who is not?
None. Getting a theological degree and getting "ordained" by a denomination are not the criteria set by the Bible.