Orthodox Jew answers a few questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroogz

Dec 5, 2023
So it is in fact mentally "taboo", even though technically it is not forbidden or prohibited.

After all an unbiased person would take a very careful look at any writing which claims to be divinely inspired to see if it were true or false. And those who would do so for the New Testament would soon discover that it is God's truth. To even consider that countless millions of people have believed on Christ for over 2,000 years should give pause to any unbiased person.

Also you have read only a few of the NT books (totally avoiding Paul's epistles), and probably never studied even one of them carefully..
On the flip side the Jew is further proof of God. They have been the most persecuted/hated people since Christ. Just the fact that they are still here is proof of God.

Aviva

Dec 3, 2023
Canada
I get that. Your husband's faith is his and as much as he might like he cannot impart that to you (although the covenant of marriage sort of comes pretty close according to is a verse about a husband sanctifying an unbelieving wife so that their children are regarded holy), as also the reverse is true, that is neither can you impose your beliefs onto your husband. Although the book of John spoke to me regarding the person of Christ, it was through Isaiah that I finally understood Who He Is, without further doubt. I mean, with John, I saw Him as God, but not without thinking He must be a might mousy but it was Isaiah that revealed the mighty mouse (for lack of a better and more fitting analogy atm). I view the Christ as the mediator b/w the Tanakh and the (Brit Chadash? I'm not so deeply learned in regard to the Messianic Jewish culture). That is, we (referring to mankind in general) assaulted the perfection of the law, being with so much fault, and the law likewise assaults us in the reflection of our many faults, and the result is that neither is ultimately upheld and so is destined to ultimate destruction consider there is none left to uphold either end...but then entered the Christ, the Messiah.

However, if I understand correctly, Judaism regards the Messiah to be no more than a wise, albeit very enlightened man, which in my view doesn't really set him apart from Buddha.
It's "Brit Chadashah" Most Jews do not like Messianic Jews/Jews for Jesus because we believe they are falsely presenting themselves as Jewish. Jews for Jesus in particular have a history of cult like behaviour and causing family estrangement.

The Messiah is not just "some enlightened guy". He is divinely appointed by G-D and will:
- Reunite the Jewish people
- Reestablish the temple
- Restore the tribes
- Establish world peace
- Bring knowledge of G-D to the world
- Restore Israel

At that time G-D will write the Torah in people's hearts and Jew/gentile will become a meaningless distinction, because the world will be unified. This has been Messianic prophecy for over 2000 years and has not changed one iota. In order for a person to be the Messiah they must do these things. They must also be from the line of David.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
It's "Brit Chadashah" Most Jews do not like Messianic Jews/Jews for Jesus because we believe they are falsely presenting themselves as Jewish. Jews for Jesus in particular have a history of cult like behaviour and causing family estrangement.

The Messiah is not just "some enlightened guy". He is divinely appointed by G-D and will:
- Reunite the Jewish people
- Reestablish the temple
- Restore the tribes
- Establish world peace
- Bring knowledge of G-D to the world
- Restore Israel

At that time G-D will write the Torah in people's hearts and Jew/gentile will become a meaningless distinction, because the world will be unified. This has been Messianic prophecy for over 2000 years and has not changed one iota. In order for a person to be the Messiah they must do these things. They must also be from the line of David.
ok, ty.
I've encountered some buzz that, according to the testimony of leading rabbis within the ultraorthodox community, the Jewish Messiah is already here. Do you believe this? And even if not, how will he reveal himself?

Aviva

Dec 3, 2023
Canada
ok, ty.
I've encountered some buzz that, according to the testimony of leading rabbis within the ultraorthodox community, the Jewish Messiah is already here. Do you believe this? And even if not, how will he reveal himself?
Who's saying that? If he were here we'd know it. Jews are allowed to have crazy people as much as anyone else. I have no idea how the Messiah will reveal himself or when and I wouldn't be arrogant enough to claim I did.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Who's saying that?
According to an article by Ryan Jones of the website israel today (Sept 29. 2022) Rabbi Yaakov Zisholtz said that Rabbi Chaim Kanievsky told him that he was already in direct contact with the Messiah.

Aviva

Dec 3, 2023
Canada
According to an article by Ryan Jones of the website israel today (Sept 29. 2022) Rabbi Yaakov Zisholtz said that Rabbi Chaim Kanievsky told him that he was already in direct contact with the Messiah.
I'm not Hasidic or ultra-Orthodox, and rabbi Zisholtz should lay off whatever he's been inhaling.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The Yanuka Rav Shlomo Yehuda • Fascinating Documentation of His Life and Ways (English CC)

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
The Yanuka Rav Shlomo Yehuda • Fascinating Documentation of His Life and Ways (English CC)

This is who I was wondering about specifically, yes. It seems many believe that he is at least someone extraordinary.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
On the flip side the Jew is further proof of God. They have been the most persecuted/hated people since Christ. Just the fact that they are still here is proof of God.
There is no question that God has shown special favor to the descendants of Jacob because of the Abrahamic Covenant, and that the Lord Jesus Christ would come from the line of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Judah.

For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth
the adoption,
and the glory,
and the covenants,
and the giving of the law,
and the service of God,
and the promises;
Whose are the fathers,
and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
(Rom 9:3-5)

The Lord Jesus Christ is the one "who is over all, God blessed for ever". Also Christ is both the King and the Savior of Israel, and after His Second Coming many Jews will be saved. But even now many Jews (and Muslims) are getting saved.

Kroogz

Dec 5, 2023
There is no question that God has shown special favor to the descendants of Jacob because of the Abrahamic Covenant, and that the Lord Jesus Christ would come from the line of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Judah.

For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth
the adoption,
and the glory,
and the covenants,
and the giving of the law,
and the service of God,
and the promises;
Whose are the fathers,
and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
(Rom 9:3-5)

The Lord Jesus Christ is the one "who is over all, God blessed for ever". Also Christ is both the King and the Savior of Israel, and after His Second Coming many Jews will be saved. But even now many Jews (and Muslims) are getting saved.
Amen to that!

Aviva

Dec 3, 2023
Canada
This is who I was wondering about specifically, yes. It seems many believe that he is at least someone extraordinary.
Isaiah 2:1 - 4
1 The word that Isaiah, son of Amoz, prophesied concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall be at the end of the days, that the mountain of the L-rd's house shall be firmly established at the top of the mountains, and it shall be raised above the hills, and all the nations shall stream to it. 3 And many peoples shall go, and they shall say, "Come, let us go up to the Lord's mount, to the house of the G-d of Jacob, and let Him teach us of His ways, and we will go in His paths," for out of Zion shall the Torah come forth, and the word of the L-rd from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge between the nations and reprove many peoples, and they shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift the sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.

Isaiah 25:8 - 9
8 He has concealed death forever, and the Lord G-d shall wipe the tears off every face, and the shame of His people He shall remove from upon the entire earth, for the L-rd has spoken. 9 And they shall say on that day, "Behold, this is our G-d: we hoped for Him that He would save us; this is the L-rd for Whom we hoped; let us rejoice and be happy with His salvation.

It also says none but G-d will be exalted, Jew and gentile will know G-d and no one will know suffering anymore. He will also be a judge. A little more then an "enlightened man". The Tanakh says the spirit of G-d will be upon him.

Dec 20, 2023
55 Aralia St
As the title says, I'm an Orthodox Jewish woman. My Christian sister in law asked me to post a little about us since the subject has come up recently due to recent world issues to answer some confusion/misinformation.

1. Why don't you have sacrifices?
A. Because they can only be done at the temple in Jerusalem buy a Levitical priest. Since the temple no longer exists we can no longer do this.

2. How do you get forgiveness?
A. repent and make restitution, depending on the offended party. (G-d, a person, etc...)

3. What is the Talmud?
A. It is a large number of books containing very boring debates and commentary on the Torah. Although considered scripture it is not additional laws, it is opinions and rulings base don existing law (The Torah).

4. Why don't Jews believe in Jesus?
A. Because we do not believe he meets the requirements to be the Messiah. There are numerous commentaries online if you really want a deeper answer.

5. Do you believe in Hell, the Devil, or the afterlife?
A. No, not really and yes.

Cheers!
It will be a shame if you do not repent of the sin of your father Adam ben ADONAI. He chose to be independent of ADONAI in all he did. All men inherit God's curse on him .
Only Yeshua Ben Yosef Ben Hezekiah Ben David Ben Boaz/Rut ben Shem Ben Noach Ben Methuselah Ben Adam Ben ADONAI could be a perfect singles sacrifice. You are belies Satan's lies through the rabbis who did not want to be accountable for His crucifixion because blood guilt would have been upon them and under TORAH they should have been stoned themselves.

Aviva

Dec 3, 2023
Canada
It will be a shame if you do not repent of the sin of your father Adam ben ADONAI. He chose to be independent of ADONAI in all he did. All men inherit God's curse on him .
Only Yeshua Ben Yosef Ben Hezekiah Ben David Ben Boaz/Rut ben Shem Ben Noach Ben Methuselah Ben Adam Ben ADONAI could be a perfect singles sacrifice. You are belies Satan's lies through the rabbis who did not want to be accountable for His crucifixion because blood guilt would have been upon them and under TORAH they should have been stoned themselves.

Dec 14, 2023
It also says none but G-d will be exalted, Jew and gentile will know G-d and no one will know suffering anymore. He will also be a judge. A little more then an "enlightened man". The Tanakh says the spirit of G-d will be upon him.
I just quoted You in order to ask a simple question. I understand that the New Testament means absolutely nothing to You. But for the sake of just being able to ask this question here. Let's say everything in the New Testament is true. And yes I believe it is, but that has no bearing on this question. So, let's say the New Testament is 100% true the same as the Torah and Tanakh are 100% true. No other person in the Tanakh was able to produce even one tenth of the miracles Jesus did. So for the sake of we're saying the New Testament is true here. What would that make Jesus knowing He waited 4 days for Lazarus to die and then spoke and Lazarus came alive? Or that Jesus died Himself, was buried, and over 500 people were mentioned confirming He rose back to life. In your view, of we're saying the New Testament is true. What would Jesus be if He actually did all those things? No man ever did a tenth of them so He must be greater than some normal man, right?

Aviva

Dec 3, 2023
Canada
I just quoted You in order to ask a simple question. I understand that the New Testament means absolutely nothing to You. But for the sake of just being able to ask this question here. Let's say everything in the New Testament is true. And yes I believe it is, but that has no bearing on this question. So, let's say the New Testament is 100% true the same as the Torah and Tanakh are 100% true. No other person in the Tanakh was able to produce even one tenth of the miracles Jesus did. So for the sake of we're saying the New Testament is true here. What would that make Jesus knowing He waited 4 days for Lazarus to die and then spoke and Lazarus came alive? Or that Jesus died Himself, was buried, and over 500 people were mentioned confirming He rose back to life. In your view, of we're saying the New Testament is true. What would Jesus be if He actually did all those things? No man ever did a tenth of them so He must be greater than some normal man, right?
The Torah says that any man, even if he performs miracles, should he promote worshipping other G-d's or rejection of the Torah he is a false prophet.

Deuteronomy 13:1–5

In order for me to accept anything Jesus said or did it would have to be demonstrated to be consistent with the Torah.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Isaiah 2:1 - 4
1 The word that Isaiah, son of Amoz, prophesied concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall be at the end of the days, that the mountain of the L-rd's house shall be firmly established at the top of the mountains, and it shall be raised above the hills, and all the nations shall stream to it. 3 And many peoples shall go, and they shall say, "Come, let us go up to the Lord's mount, to the house of the G-d of Jacob, and let Him teach us of His ways, and we will go in His paths," for out of Zion shall the Torah come forth, and the word of the L-rd from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge between the nations and reprove many peoples, and they shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift the sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.

Isaiah 25:8 - 9
8 He has concealed death forever, and the Lord G-d shall wipe the tears off every face, and the shame of His people He shall remove from upon the entire earth, for the L-rd has spoken. 9 And they shall say on that day, "Behold, this is our G-d: we hoped for Him that He would save us; this is the L-rd for Whom we hoped; let us rejoice and be happy with His salvation.

You had previously stated that Messiah would be from the line of David. Is there any connection to Joseph? It is often said of Jesus that His first advent was as the suffering servant, the son of Joseph, and I do find it intriguing that Joseph was 30 when he entered the service of Pharoah king of Egypt (Genesis 41:46) and David, also, was 30 years old when he became king (2 Samuel 5:4), given that Jesus was 30 when the Holy Spirit descended upon Him like a dove and a voice from heaven said, "You are my beloved Son, in You I am well pleased."

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Translating languages, even modern ones, is not easy because sometimes there is no word/phrase that matches 1 to 1. When it's an ancient language like classical Hebrew it's all the harder. Genesis 6 talks about Nephilim which is translated numerous ways but we don't actually know what it means... the exact meaning lost to history. Therefore sometimes we have to make our best guess or slot in something that is close but not exact which can alter the meaning slightly.
I was referring to that verse being a basis for scripture interpreting scripture (which it is to some). Thoughts?

Also I'm wondering who/what the "word of the Lord" means to the Jewish people.

Dec 14, 2023
The Torah says that any man, even if he performs miracles, should he promote worshipping other G-d's or rejection of the Torah he is a false prophet.

In order for me to accept anything Jesus said or did it would have to be demonstrated to be consistent with the Torah.
I never read He rejected the Torah ever. I wonder where that idea comes from? He only promoted the worship of the Heavenly Father, Yahweh. He instructed people to obey His God, who is Yahweh. He just claimed to be sent by Yahweh. I wonder where the idea of Him promoting other gods or rejecting the Torah came from? That would be interesting since it is not written down anywhere.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

There were four physical conditions in mankind that could only be corrected by G-d Himself. It was
believed that when G-d would send His Messiah, the SIGN that would prove to the Pharisees who He
was would be the performance of four specific miracles. They are known as the four Messianic Miracles:

• Cleansing a Leper
  • Casting out a Deaf and Dumb Spirit
  • The Healing of Birth Defects
  • Raising the Dead after three days
The first Messianic miracle is recorded in Mark 1:40-44, Matthew 8:2-4, and Luke 5:12-14.
Jesus cast out a deaf and dumb spirit (Mark 9:14-29).
The healing of a man born blind is recorded in John chapter 9.
The raising of Lazarus is recounted in the Gospel of John 11:1–44.
source

Jesus' performance of these four Messianic miracles should have demonstrated to the leadership
of Israel that He was the Messiah,
but they treated Him with derision and disdain and then had
Him murdered just as was prophesied and as they'd murdered the prophets before Him.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
You had previously stated that Messiah would be from the line of David. Is there any connection to Joseph? It is often said of Jesus that His first advent was as the suffering servant, the son of Joseph, and I do find it intriguing that Joseph was 30 when he entered the service of Pharoah king of Egypt (Genesis 41:46) and David, also, was 30 years old when he became king (2 Samuel 5:4), given that Jesus was 30 when the Holy Spirit descended upon Him like a dove and a voice from heaven said, "You are my beloved Son, in You I am well pleased."
I like this train of thought. My understanding is that it is the age of spiritual maturity in scripture. These aren't the only occurrence of this in scripture but they are the only ones singled out by name as far as I'm aware.

Thanks for sharing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.