OSAS= House Built on Sand

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Thanks, Penned, for the beautiful and clear response and testimony! Your are a wonderful man!

My quibble has nothing to do with your character or testimony - that speaks for itself.

But your analogy of "once a son then always a son" just does not stand up to careful analysis. You use it to say that once a Christian then we are always a Christian. But when I point out that we were all children of the Devil, but are no longer children of the Devil, you just skirt the issue. If "once a son always a son" is true, then once a child of the Devil always a child of the Devil.
Truly appreciate your kind words. Thank you.

Well I'd prefer to think that I was dead, rather than a child of the devil! LOL But as I said, they may be synonymous.

Isn't that EXACTLY why God sent His Son? To make us alive through Him and His Children?

So no. I don't hold to OSSASS "once satan son, always satan son! Cause satan has no interest in caring for, loving, and dying for his. His interest is in stealing, killing and destroying.

God on the other Hand, is the complete opposite when it comes to His Kids.

U

UnderGrace

Are you serious?? You believe that if a person continues to believe in Jesus Christ for salvation, that is a work of the flesh?
Not what I said at all. :confused: The issue is loosing and/or maintaining salvation by one's ongoing belief.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I did answer your question by pointing out that your point is irrelevant because birth is not a guarantee of inheritance. Numerous people in the bible who were rightful heirs were disinherited from receiving the promises of GOD (e.g., Ishmael, Esau, Reuben, King Saul, the nation of Israel, etc).
There is a discussion to be had over what exactly inheritance is, and are there different meanings to it.

But for now, and I really don't know if there is a place, can you show me where any of those you listed were called Children of God?

Can you show me where it says they were SEALED by the Holy Spirit as a guarantee?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
R....,

True...and it is interesting that the OSAS interpretation of scriptures...without scriptures, I might add.....is not found as part of the christian teachings or applications before the 1960's....that we can find in research...so far.
Why is that a significant point......because we had a moral and social revolution in that era and because of guilt from having been taught in school and church many had to find a way to ...tickle their ears...and relieve their guilt. So, several new age religion interpretations were forthcoming to accomplish that goal...OSAS is one of them. It is not biblical based..
The "new age" interpretation as in the video is wrong..trying to put a new spin on an old biblical value..people have been doing this since Jesus day..we should be surprised that theres false teachers and preachers out there..theyll be a lot MORE in the coming days..as prophied in the Bible..thats what its especially important to know and be able to decern the truth so we arent easily swayed!

Oct 31, 2015
so, the sheep wonders off, gets lost, then the Shepard goes and finds the sheep, rejoices that the lost sheep was found, and somehow you interject that the sheep has to earn his way back into the flock.

miss the point much?
Please stop making up lies about what the scripture says.

That’s not loving God or your neighbor.

The sheep who wanders away becomes lost.

Is someone who is lost saved or unsaved?

JPT

Oct 31, 2015
There is a discussion to be had over what exactly inheritance is, and are there different meanings to it.

But for now, and I really don't know if there is a place, can you show me where any of those you listed were called Children of God?

Can you show me where it says they were SEALED by the Holy Spirit as a guarantee?

Inheriting the kingdom of God is self explanatory.

Inheriting eternal life is self explanatory.

What needs to be explained about these things?

JPT

Oct 31, 2015
@Ralph- @justpassinthrough

Food for thought ..if your point about this OSAS hasnt gotten through in 9 plus pages of back n forth replies..maybe you need to examine what your TRUE motives are for goung on..n onnn..n oooonnnnnnn in CIRCLES..lol

2Timothy 23-24

"

"23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful."

Amen?

I quoted a scripture because i know how you all like doing that to make a Biblical point ;)

Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.​

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. 2 Timothy 2:20-26

in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil

JPT

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The sheep who wanders away becomes lost.

Is someone who is lost saved or unsaved?
Matt10 -

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 15:24 -

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Acts 3 -

22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26 Unto you first [Israel] God, having raised up his Son [Servant] Jesus [that is, in His ministry BEFORE His death], sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

U

UnderGrace

That and perhaps these people are struggling with doubt, and, living in failure as a Christian. They need to know as long as they don't go back to the world in outright unbelief and a denial of Christ that their faith in Christ, as weak as it may be, keeps them justified before the Father in heaven.

But 'once saved always saved' is the false gospel they have turned to to relieve the pressure of their doubts and sinful failures when the real answer is to keep believing Christ is the payment for their sins of weakness and ignorance and doubt they commit (no need to invent an ear tickling doctrine that says they are saved no matter what). And to remember the only sin Christ can't cover is the willful decision to go back to the world in unbelief. But 'once saved always saved' has deceived them into thinking they can go back to the world in defeat and they are still saved.
Do you believe you have been declared just by God?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.​

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. 2 Timothy 2:20-26

in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil

JPT
Are you TTULY afraid to answer a question straight without the confusion of beating around the bush..? Probably not..that way you cant incriminate yourself :) btw Satan is the author of confusion and can work through others to confuse them as well..and yes Satan knows and uses scripture too..lol

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Inheriting the kingdom of God is self explanatory.

Inheriting eternal life is self explanatory.

What needs to be explained about these things?

JPT

Some will enter the Kingdom inheriting nothing. Like the Prodigal son who wasted his inheritance, yet still is in the Kingdom.

Notice, that not everyone will receive rewards in the Kingdom yet they WILL be in the Kingdom:

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; BUT HE HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED, yet so as through fire.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Right. (y)

John 7 -

"39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost/Spirit was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)"

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
Some will enter the Kingdom inheriting nothing. Like the Prodigal son who wasted his inheritance, yet still is in the Kingdom.

Notice, that not everyone will receive rewards in the Kingdom yet they WILL be in the Kingdom:

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; BUT HE HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED, yet so as through fire.

its sad that so many here dont understand the difference between salvation and inheritance

Sep 4, 2012
its sad that so many here dont understand the difference between salvation and inheritance
Inheritance means heirs of the kingdom of GOD (James 2:5) and heirs of the promises to Abraham (Hebrews 6:17, Galatians 3:25). There is no salvation apart from these two things.

Sep 4, 2012
Inheritance means heirs of the kingdom of GOD (James 2:5) and heirs of the promises to Abraham (Hebrews 6:17, Galatians 3:25). There is no salvation apart from these two things.
The righteous inherit the kingdom of GOD (Matthew 25:34), but the unrighteous do not (1 Corinthians 6:91-10, Galatians 5:21, Ephesians 5:5)

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
The righteous inherit the kingdom of GOD (Matthew 25:34), but the unrighteous do not (1 Corinthians 6:91-10, Galatians 5:21, Ephesians 5:5)
1st cor 9-10 thats right , those who practise those things will not INHERIT , why did u not include verse 11 ?
" And such were some of you , but you were washed , but you were sanctified , but you were justified , in the name of the Lord Jesus , and by the spirit of our God "

Gal 5 :21
Inherit , same thing , not salvation

Ephesians 5:5
again , inheritance , not salvation

Listen , im all for living a Godly life , we should strive to do that , of course .
But salvation and what we will inherit , be rewarded for are seperate things , I know u dont agree , so we will have to just agree to disagree

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
@Ralph- making a DESCISSION to be saved is an adjective NOT a "work" ..action..not work..we are persued and prompted by God /Holy Spirit to become saved because God doesnt want anyone to "perish" but yet WE have to decide if we'll accept His GIFT of salvation or not..
I fully concur with your estimation.