Over 60 Oldies Rule Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

I will only be 61 in Feb. But feel like Ive aged 15- 20 years in the last 3 years. There has been alot of illness and my brother passed 2 years ago which has beenvery hard.
me too. re aged in the last few years.
just 3 years ago I could walk fast non stop for an hour easily.
now its a melodrama just to go for a walk!

M

morefaithrequired

I'm only 32, but I feel my very existence is completely irrelevant. So at least you don't have to be older to feel that way.
Do you work? If you do, you can at least feel part ofcthe economy

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I do have a question? I noticed a short ago when I wzs looking at different forums that this one was not on the list to beginand then later I saw it. Is there a search when you come on if you just want to go into one chat or another?
There are the regular forum listings on the main page that never change; they are in a mixed bag of alphabetically ordered forums following the first one (which is not in alphabetical order) which is the introduction forum, New Christian Chat Members. It can be a bit confusing because quite a few start with the word "Christian" and then those are followed alphabetically by some ethnic forums which again are followed by others alphabetically such as Miscellaneous, Natural Health, Prayer Requests, etc.

On the right hand side of the page the forums are listed in modules according to Latest Posts and Newest Topics, so a thread will only show up there if it has more recent activity than other threads in other forums.

beautiful name

:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I'm only 32, but I feel my very existence is completely irrelevant. So at least you don't have to be older to feel that way.
I do not know all the reasons why you consider your very existence to be irrelevant, but I can assure you that it is not. Your life has meaning and purpose regardless of the limitations that have been placed on you or those you have placed on yourself through your belief system. All of us are damaged and broken in some ways through the experiences we encounter in life, which is all the more reason why we need Jesus, for He has overcome, and we are overcomers through Him. Those people who have hurt and betrayed us were likewise hurting, broken people. I hope you are able to find some way to learn to be kinder and gentler with yourself. Do you have a church family? Do you attend services and community events? Do you have any support groups outside your church? If you do not, I would encourage you to do what you can to become more involved, and in so doing, make yourself of use to others as well :)

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I will only be 61 in Feb. But feel like Ive aged 15- 20 years in the last 3 years. There has been alot of illness and my brother passed 2 years ago which has beenvery hard.
I just turned 56 in November of this year, and wonder where 50 went.

M

morefaithrequired

Hall and Oates
I never really got into their music but recently I have. Hall is about 73 now and still performing. They both still have their hair.
Maneater
Rich Girl
One on One
I'd do anything.
What an awesome singer Hall was.
They were highly original too.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
Hall and Oates
I never really got into their music but recently I have. Hall is about 73 now and still performing. They both still have their hair.
Maneater
Rich Girl
One on One
I'd do anything.
What an awesome singer Hall was.
They were highly original too.
I remember listening to them when I was a teenager, seem like I had record by them.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Also I understand now why people like a place to sit in the shower. I really would like that now. I used to love to take a shower and now days it seems more like a chore so now I understand why old people smell...but I don't want to be smelly so think next house will have a seat in the shower.
Perhaps a love seat.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
The hardest thing for me being over 60 is that I have to come to terms that I am just not able to do things the way I used to. Such as in my twenties I could do 6 loads of laundry wash, fold and put away. Now if I try that my shoulders hurt for days from the folding of that much laundry so I can only do a few loads no more than three at a time that's about my limit unless I want to pay for it in the hurting department.

To think that I have limitations when my mind wants to keep going but my body won't keep up.... I loved my Mother-In-Law, Retha as she used to say getting old is not for sissy's....

M

morefaithrequired

getting old is not for sissy's....
what annoys me is those decade or more older than me who are fitter and give me the 'cant you keep up with me?" smile. Instead of being arrogant why don't they be grateful to God for giving them such fine health and fitness.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
what annoys me is those decade or more older than me who are fitter and give me the 'cant you keep up with me?" smile. Instead of being arrogant why don't they be grateful to God for giving them such fine health and fitness.
Some of us work at it, lol. Last year a tow truck driver thought I was 36, it was dark and I had a hoodie on, lol. In the last few months, 3 people thought I was my daughter's sister. The main thing I have to wath is my knees, I tend to act like wonder woman and pick up heavy things, the wrong way.
I have faith that since Sarah, in the OT, was gorgeous at 80, there is hope for us.;)

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Beverly - Tourist's wife before me had terrible health problems and died at age 59. She was in a nursing home the last year or two so I can say that I am thankful for the health I still have as it is relatively pain free. My problems are more breathing related but I can still get around o.k. I am so grateful to God for this.

I still have at least 90% of my marbles....the other 10% is rolling around here somewhere but I still know who I am and where I am and where I want to go....

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Some of us work at it, lol. Last year a tow truck driver thought I was 36, it was dark and I had a hoodie on, lol. In the last few months, 3 people thought I was my daughter's sister. The main thing I have to wath is my knees, I tend to act like wonder woman and pick up heavy things, the wrong way.
I have faith that since Sarah, in the OT, was gorgeous at 80, there is hope for us.;)
For several years when my daughter and I went shopping people would ask if we were sisters. After about the 10th time I asked my daughter if it made her feel bad and she said no mom if they think you look young then when I get your age I should still look young too. So keep loving it when people want to make you your daughters sister....

M

morefaithrequired

oh i still look young. ive been given "you look late 40s" compliment.
but i dont feel young. some 70 year olds can work all day. my back wont let me do that.