Pain Management Clinic

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My frame of mind has been good lately with less anxiety. I feel that the cloud of depression has lifted and life is going to be OK. It's not so bad if you think about it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'm starting my 4th year as a member of Christian Chat today. So far it has been a pain-free experience. I've met a lot of wonderful people on this site including my wife. A few of these members are on my morning prayer lists. I also appreciate all of the prayers that have prayed for me and my wife, including for other members as well. It's been quite an adventure and I'm looking forward to another interesting year.

H

Hellooo

Congrats tourist! You and JesusLives are coming up on your 2 year now?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Even though it's a day off from work today it has been a little frantic. Right now my head is pounding and my neck hurts. I think that I will take a nap for an hour to recharge my batteries. I just popped some Advil. It's advanced medicine for pain.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Even though it's a day off from work today it has been a little frantic. Right now my head is pounding and my neck hurts. I think that I will take a nap for an hour to recharge my batteries. I just popped some Advil. It's advanced medicine for pain.
Will most definitely say a prayer for both you and JesusLives (and Sugar and Tango as well.)

God bless you and hope you feel better soon. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Will most definitely say a prayer for both you and JesusLives (and Sugar and Tango as well.)

God bless you and hope you feel better soon. :)
God bless you too my friend. I'll be OK, just a little tired and frustrated right now but that's about par for the course. Thank you for your prayers for us and our 2 little puddies. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Today was not the best of days for me but God has comforted me through my loving wife and things are better now. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's going to be a brand new day.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I usually have Monday Tuesday and Wednesday off from work but I'm going in 2 days early as I will not be working on Saturday and Sunday as I will be in Orlando for some family time. Got to get up early so I'm going to get ready for bed now. I won't be online much the next few days and will miss my CC peeps. I'm still exhausted from my latest work cycle and only had one day off to recover. That's the way it goes I guess. No pain, no gain. I'm not sure if that' biblical or not but believe there is an element of truth to that saying. Gonna pop a couple Advil and call it a day.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I feel tired and drained this morning and with a bad headache. Think I will lay down on the couch and take a nap. Hopefully the pain will reside and I will be able to function properly. Other than that it's a beautiful day. It's not so bad if you think about it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My left arm started to hurt last week. Driving seems to aggravate something in my hand, probably a pinched nerve, and that sets it off. I don't believe that it is related to my heart as I would most likely be dead instead of writing this medical entry. Pain starts in my hand and travels up my arm. It is not painful when I am busy using my arms but seems to start hurting when I am driving or lying in bed trying to fall asleep.

It is a sickening type of dull throbbing pain, similar to a toothache but it is not constant. I am going to have it checked out. Feels OK right now though. It could also be arthritis setting in.

Getting old sucks, looking forward to getting my new body but hopefully no time in the foreseeable future. Seems like everyone wants to get a new body in heaven but don't want to die to get there. I am in no hurry and feel like I have many years left on this earth to humbly serve the Lord to the best of the ability and opportunities that He graciously provides.

I think I will pop a couple of Advil. It's advanced medicine for pain, or at least that's what I have been led to believe. Actually, OTC pain relievers are not really effective at all but I do know that if I don't take them my headache doesn't go away anytime soon. I also know that it does not really help much regarding my arm.

I think that I will be trending to just simple aspirin for my minor aches and pain, the occasional cold pack and Ben Gay. That stuff is not all that effective either but I feel better for having tried.

Of course, God could just simply take away my aches and pains but those are really a price to be paid as a result of getting higher in numbers. Having pain gives me an edge in being empathic to the pain and suffering of others.

It's not so bad if you think about it.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
My left arm started to hurt last week. Driving seems to aggravate something in my hand, probably a pinched nerve, and that sets it off. I don't believe that it is related to my heart as I would most likely be dead instead of writing this medical entry. Pain starts in my hand and travels up my arm. It is not painful when I am busy using my arms but seems to start hurting when I am driving or lying in bed trying to fall asleep.

It is a sickening type of dull throbbing pain, similar to a toothache but it is not constant. I am going to have it checked out. Feels OK right now though. It could also be arthritis setting in.

Getting old sucks, looking forward to getting my new body but hopefully no time in the foreseeable future. Seems like everyone wants to get a new body in heaven but don't want to die to get there. I am in no hurry and feel like I have many years left on this earth to humbly serve the Lord to the best of the ability and opportunities that He graciously provides.

I think I will pop a couple of Advil. It's advanced medicine for pain, or at least that's what I have been led to believe. Actually, OTC pain relievers are not really effective at all but I do know that if I don't take them my headache doesn't go away anytime soon. I also know that it does not really help much regarding my arm.

I think that I will be trending to just simple aspirin for my minor aches and pain, the occasional cold pack and Ben Gay. That stuff is not all that effective either but I feel better for having tried.

Of course, God could just simply take away my aches and pains but those are really a price to be paid as a result of getting higher in numbers. Having pain gives me an edge in being empathic to the pain and suffering of others.

It's not so bad if you think about it.
Sorry to hear about your pain, Tourist. I've had pinched nerves for decades, but it used to be a lot worse than it is now. I recently found these guys on youtube and they helped me with a recent shoulder injury, but I wish I had learned these pinched nerve exercises decades ago. They're a couple of old physical therapists. There is this video and they have other videos too on pinched nerve exercises. Just know that if the exercise causes the pain or gets worse you should stop doing it. Hope it helps you.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Sorry to hear about your pain, Tourist. I've had pinched nerves for decades, but it used to be a lot worse than it is now. I recently found these guys on youtube and they helped me with a recent shoulder injury, but I wish I had learned these pinched nerve exercises decades ago. They're a couple of old physical therapists. There is this video and they have other videos too on pinched nerve exercises. Just know that if the exercise causes the pain or gets worse you should stop doing it. Hope it helps you.

Thank you very much Zero. I will certainly watch the video and let you know how it works out. God bless you.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Ok, this is my midnight confessions and pain clinic post rolled into one..

This forum used to be somewhat therapeutic for me. For years it was a source of joy, laughter and friendship.... Now it seems to be full of quick judgements and criticisms. I guess it's true that all good things come to an end. (I'm not leaving, because if I did I'd have to pay if I wanted to come back lol)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I read a post today about being stoic and didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. It has to do with how one handles pain. There certainly has been enough of that in my life but I do thank God that I am able to function and to carrying on in my appointed rounds. Plus I pop a lot of Advil. It is advanced medicine for pain. At least that's what I have been led to believe. Really, it's not so bad if you think about it. I try to avoid thinking a lot. Perhaps I'm in denial. No, that can't be it.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Try eating tart cherries, turmeric, maple syrup or honey.. They're all anti-inflammatories..

I take a tart cherry/turmeric supplement once a day. Eat a couple spoonfuls of honey and/ or maple syrup.. You could also get some tart cherry juice, but mix it with water cuz it's awfully sour otherwise.. lol

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Also, ThermaCare heat wraps work miracles.. I use them on my back whenever the pain gets to be too much..

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Try eating tart cherries, turmeric, maple syrup or honey.. They're all anti-inflammatories..

I take a tart cherry/turmeric supplement once a day. Eat a couple spoonfuls of honey and/ or maple syrup.. You could also get some tart cherry juice, but mix it with water cuz it's awfully sour otherwise.. lol
Actually, I bought some cranberry juice yesterday at the store. I believe that is anti-inflammatory too as well as other health benefits. I used to drink it regularly but then switched to Gatorade. After that, I switched to Perrier for my water source 'cause it's fizzy and very refreshing when it is ice cold.

A couple months ago I started my vitamin regimen but that does not make up for years of abuse of my body. I don't eat properly and I smoke. No wonder I feel like crap all of the time. I do use maple syrup on my pancakes and use honey on chicken. Maybe I got a sweet tooth. Yeah, my teeth are messed up too. That is another matter that I certainly want to address in 2019. Quit smoking too. Drink my OJ and cranberry juice. I prefer the 100% juice and not the cocktail. It's Ocean Spray. It is going to be most refreshing over ice. I would use crushed ice but the ice-maker in the fridge has been broke for months. That's another matter altogether. Of course, it may help if I changed the water filter in the fridge occasionally for starters.

I appreciate your nutritional advice as I seem to be lacking in that regard.

My motto has been why do today what you can put off until tomorrow. Well, a new day has come.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Actually, I bought some cranberry juice yesterday at the store. I believe that is anti-inflammatory too as well as other health benefits. I used to drink it regularly but then switched to Gatorade. After that, I switched to Perrier for my water source 'cause it's fizzy and very refreshing when it is ice cold.

A couple months ago I started my vitamin regimen but that does not make up for years of abuse of my body. I don't eat properly and I smoke. No wonder I feel like crap all of the time. I do use maple syrup on my pancakes and use honey on chicken. Maybe I got a sweet tooth. Yeah, my teeth are messed up too. That is another matter that I certainly want to address in 2019. Quit smoking too. Drink my OJ and cranberry juice. I prefer the 100% juice and not the cocktail. It's Ocean Spray. It is going to be most refreshing over ice. I would use crushed ice but the ice-maker in the fridge has been broke for months. That's another matter altogether. Of course, it may help if I changed the water filter in the fridge occasionally for starters.

I appreciate your nutritional advice as I seem to be lacking in that regard.

My motto has been why do today what you can put off until tomorrow. Well, a new day has come.

Cranberry juice is excellent for curing UTI's.. but I don't think it's an anti-inflammatory. I could be wrong though..

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Cranberry juice is excellent for curing UTI's.. but I don't think it's an anti-inflammatory. I could be wrong though..
Seriously, I really should do more research to properly address my daily nutritional requirements. You always seem to be on top of these things. Cranberry juice does tastes good though, and is tart like cherries. Now I'm trending towards cheery pie. On the plus side there is a carrot cake in the fridge that I will consume later today. Carrots is good for the eyes. Well, maybe not carrot cake but there is a little orange frosting carrot on top so it is at least pleasing to the eye.