Paperback writer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
heres what it looks like...
the american edition
UK/aus has different cover

IMG_1377.JPG

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
wow you read way more than I do
I tend to read a lot of different authors than just one
Though if I really like an author I try read everything they write, though I cant think of one author that Ive read 100 of their books

I just gave a copy of The Joy Luck Club to one of my friends, as she'd never read it before. I was like what..you havent read it?!
Two of her sons are married to chinese women (she's of dutch descent) so I thought well shes missing out on the whole mother daughter thing lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Babysitters Club series is over 200 books...but I think I only got up to around #45 or so. By the time I read that many I had grown up lol

I went back to revisit the series and found that they finally did graduate junior high school. It was like they were 12/13 years old forever.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
went into bookshop and felt a bit overwhelmed by all the books on offer actually

though trying to sort out of what children would borrow and read is different to what I would read, if its me I would just pick whatver I hadnt read yet, but to a child, mostly they havent read ANYTHING and wouldnt know where to start

though I dont read everything, some things i know Im just not going to ever pick up. i.e Game of Thrones, Im not going go start you anytime soon. And even though its got a nice shiny cover, and a smily face, Im probably not going to read yet another politicians memoir or that book about the first world war, auschwitz, or 50 shades of grey knock offs (or even 50 shades of grey itself)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
wow you read way more than I do
I tend to read a lot of different authors than just one
Though if I really like an author I try read everything they write, though I cant think of one author that Ive read 100 of their books

I just gave a copy of The Joy Luck Club to one of my friends, as she'd never read it before. I was like what..you havent read it?!
Two of her sons are married to chinese women (she's of dutch descent) so I thought well shes missing out on the whole mother daughter thing lol
No, I have not read that book by Amy Tan either. My favorite authors are Clive Cussler and David Baldacci. I enjoy James Patterson too obviously. :)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Ive yet to read any of those authors...I dont really go for crime/detective/thriller

I dont know why, just not that interested in solving crimes or who did it, I probably feel more for the victim and their family and PREVENTING crime rather than trying to track someone down who killed someone and then cowardly ran away.

I gave a childrens one a go ... it was called 'search for a kiwi killer' ...and it was a bit of a yawn. Ok..THIS dog didnt do it, but THAT one did. All I was thinking was...what about the kiwi?! Those birds arent safe from any dogs.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If I do read crime, its true crime
most of the time, we do know who killed someone, the more important question is WHY. And what can we do to stop or prevent that from happening

In the gospels, its not like we are reading a mystery of who killed Jesus. It was plain as day and Jesus himself knew it was going to be Judas. The thing was why. And can it be forgiven?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The other thing with paperback thrillers is always, someone goes missing, and the detective needs to find them...well let me tell you children go missing all the time and police detectives often dont have the time to go hunting them down.

what usually happens is the missing person has gone to a friend, or, theyve run away, or if they are not found within a certain timeframe chances are they had an accident, or sadly yes, they ARE dead and the killer just dumped their body somewhere and ran away. Real life Murderers/killers generally are not all that concerned with who find the body...or even burying it. I dont know if they really even put two and two together and think how it would actually affect everyone else when their victim is dead. of COURSE people are going to notice if someone goes missing. Its not just the detective who is looking for them

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I did read my first James Patterson for Bookathon

It was called Middle School. going bush

The main character is a middle school student called Rafe Katchadorian , who seems to be like the wimpy kid and the dork diarist AND Tom Gates in that he likes drawing...so he goes on this art camp in Australia and gets (nearly) eaten by crocodiles in the outback

I wasnt very impressed. I thought that is just so predictable. I thought there would be more to the story but no. He could have done other things, like maybe met some kangaroos and koalas, or even possums but no.
He could have rescued some boat people, gone walkabout, stolen a rock from Uluru and got cursed...or thrown a boomerang and not had it return cos he was throwing it wrong. Dingos could have eaten the other kids and Kylie from Neighbours could have shown up.

He could also have met Weir Do and Ahn Do and traded tips on how to make cartoony books for reluctant readers. I dont think I'll be reading any more of that series. Sorry James Patterson.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
If you had the time to write a novel what genre would it be

mystery
horror
thriller
sci fi
fantasy
humour
chick-lit
romance
historical
adventure
crime

or ...amish fiction?

Give us a title and a sneak peek trailer of your next juicy bestseller...you might have a waiting readership on CC
How about an amish sci fi kung fu thriller..... Lots of kicking, lots of beards and lots of alien suspense, and then three forths of the way into the story it turns into a romantic chick flick because the plot was lost.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
How about an amish sci fi kung fu thriller..... Lots of kicking, lots of beards and lots of alien suspense, and then three forths of the way into the story it turns into a romantic chick flick because the plot was lost.
if its a manga, could work...

But a paperback is not the same as a movie, so, you cant tie in a chick flick before the book is realeased. Sorry thats not the way it works. Usually the story is written BEFORE its filmed.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I heard there was a comic sorry....graphic novel book club called 'No flying, no tights'
its for people that want to read comic books I mean graphic novels that DONT involve superheroes saving the universe in tight costumes!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I read my first manga

it was called Fluffy, Fluffy Cinnamaroll

its about a puppy who's tail is like a cinnomon bun. He CAN fly but he wants to make friends with other puppies who dont fly in a cafe where they eat lots of baked goods.

M

MariusAlexander

I'm an amateur writer and I do have a few things to share but I get a bit nervous...

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
I am currently ( doing it fir 24 yrs) writing a fantasy / sci-fi story
Msny chapters half done . But keep editing and starting again

Been a labor of love

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Think was by accident, I think I did that and didnt even know I did it once.

You go tap reply and it hits the thumbs up or down instead.

@Robertt are you going to share any teasers?

I never really know if anyone 'gets' my writing. I was in a writing group once but..I think stories esp novels take a long time to develop and gestate and then write. Verse is much quicker and easier, but you need to be inspired.

I think the right medium for me is the essay, which has now become more like the blog post.

More often than not when I read a novel unless is humourous and meant to be ridiculous, I'll always find the plot holes.

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
Think was by accident, I think I did that and didnt even know I did it once.

You go tap reply and it hits the thumbs up or down instead.

@Robertt are you going to share any teasers?
Well not ready to show the work yet. but it will have lots of dragons.

There will be a romance or two.

And lots of cunning plans revealed late in book as i love twists and turns