Paul, Apostle of Christ: MOVIE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stranger36147

There's another Biblical film coming to theaters this month as well.

[video=youtube;mSolF3QBVBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSolF3QBVBY[/video]

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
I've been studying the letters of Paul recently and boy am I excited to hear the grace of Jesus preached through large screens!

G

Gracie_14

oh my gosh! i saw this trailer some time ago and i'm so excited to see it one day!!!! :D

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Wow! Good, lets hope they are well done films and God's purpose is served through them.

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017

It always amazes me as to how many even the the faith think that Sanson was this muscular man with seven locks or in todays vernacular seven dread locks on his head. But let's look at how the Bible give us a proper view of the man in,

Judges 16:6
So Delilah said to Samson, “Please tell me where your great strength lies, and how you might be bound, that one could subdue you.

Why would Delilah ask Samson where his strength lies if he looked like this guy in the movie, think of the men that have played Samson in the movies like Victor Mature and others that have bodies that look muscluar. If Samson looked like a bodybuilder Delilah would of never asked Samson where his trength lied. How many of you remember the show, "The Andy Griffth Show?" if you do we have the perfect actor that most resembles Samson and his name as the character played in the show on the Andy Griffth Show and he was the deputy Barney Fife that is what Samson looked like. Now place seven cread locks on Barnet Fife and you have the Biblical image of Samson.

Do you think for one minute that Hollywood would put Barney Fife or any of the other
characters that palyed a skinny weak person on any sitcom with seven dread locks and you have Samson. If that causes you to think I am speaking some type of blasphemes words you have fallen into the Hollywood Christianity that is not reality.

Jesus was not a handsome man either Isaiah 52:2
For he grew up before him like a young plant,and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him,and no beauty that we should desire him.”

Jesus was nothing to look at He was so simple looking that in a crowd He had nothing that caused people to notice Him to the point that in a crowd He blended right in and was not reconize in the crowned.

G

Gracie_14

For he grew up before him like a young plant,and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him,and no beauty that we should desire him.”

Jesus was nothing to look at He was so simple looking that in a crowd He had nothing that caused people to notice Him to the point that in a crowd He blended right in and was not reconize in the crowned.
i don't know about that. it's funny but i read an article that explained that: "During the ministry of Jesus, the following description was sent by the President of Judea, Publius Lentulus, to the senate of Rome. This quote is from an ancient Roman manuscript:

“There lives a man of singular character whose name is Jesus Christ, in Judea. The barbarians esteem him as a prophet, but his own followers adore him as the immediate offspring of the immortal God. He is endowed with such unparalleled virtue as to call the dead from their graves, and to heal every kind of disease with a word or touch. This person is tall and elegantly shaped; his aspect is amiable and reverent; his hair flows into those beautiful shades which no united colour can match, falling into graceful curves below his ears, agreeable couching upon his shoulders, and every parting on his head like the head of a Nazarite.

His forehead is smooth and large. His cheeks without either spot, save that of a lovely red; his nose is smooth and formed with exquisite symmetry; his beard is thick and of a colour suitable to the hair of his head, reaching a little below the chin, and parted in the middle like a fork. He rebukes with majesty, commands with mildness and invites with the most tender and persuasive language; His whole address, in deed or word, being elegantly graceful and characteristic of so exalted a being.

No man has ever seen him laugh, but many have seen him weep, and so persuasive are his tears that the multitude cannot withhold theirs from joining in sympathy with his. He is very temperate, modest and wise, and in short, whatever this phenomenon may turn out in the end, he seems at present from his excellent bearing and divine perfection, in every way surpassing the children of men.”"

Jews kept this manuscript. don't know if its true but something to look into :)

G

Gracie_14

pls, i don't know if i can believe its a true manuscript. just something to look at

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Hi grace_14

The letter seems to be a bit suspect.. still its interesting. here is what wiki says about it.

The letter of Lentulus is regarded as apocryphal[SUP][2][/SUP] for a number of reasons. No Governor of Jerusalem or Procurator of Judea is known to have been called Lentulus, and a Roman governor would not have addressed the Senate in the way represented.[SUP][3][/SUP] However, the Deeds of the Divine Augustus list a Publius Lentulus as being elected as a Roman Consul during the reign of Augustus (27 BC-14 AD).[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP] Also, a Roman writer would not have employed the expressions "prophet of truth", "sons of men" or "Jesus Christ". The former two are Hebrew idioms, and the third is taken from the New Testament. The letter, therefore, gives a description of Jesus such as Christian piety conceived him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_Lentulus

It sounds like a bit of artistic flare was involved (probably well meaning). The only real descriptions we have that are 100% reliable are those given to us in the bible. Even then it's not overly concerned with what Jesus looked like but what he was doing/did and taught.

Anyhow thanks for your post, it was an interesting read.

G

Gracie_14

Hi grace_14

The letter seems to be a bit suspect.. still its interesting. here is what wiki says about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_Lentulus

It sounds like a bit of artistic flare was involved (probably well meaning). The only real descriptions we have that are 100% reliable are those given to us in the bible. Even then it's not overly concerned with what Jesus looked like but what he was doing/did and taught.

Anyhow thanks for your post, it was an interesting read.
hey Phil, thanks for the insight! :) i found the wiki very interesting. i'm totally going to look into it more :D

i'm glad no one was offended/confused by post *phew*

btw, i see you're a brit! it's so good to see one of those here!!!! :D

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012

"He has the strength of a god." Little do they know who is on his side. :p

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
hey Phil, thanks for the insight! :) i found the wiki very interesting. i'm totally going to look into it more :D

i'm glad no one was offended/confused by post *phew*

btw, i see you're a brit! it's so good to see one of those here!!!! :D
How could anyone be offended by that? You presented it truthfully...

I found it interesting, as I'd never heard of it before this. Even being likely a fabrication, it was still interesting.

Personally, I think that the actor that portrayed Jesus in the movie "Risen" is probably more what he looked like than any other portrayal I've seen.

Jesus risen.png

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014

Saw a few trailers for the movie - am looking forward to it as well. They got Jim Caviezel to play Luke (previously of The Passion of the Christ by Mel Gibson)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Oh my goodness.

[video=youtube;LyOqQZUDdO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyOqQZUDdO4[/video]

Woooooohoooooo! Pass the popcorn! It's one of those movies where I already read the book!!! :)

V

valleyofdecision

It always amazes me as to how many even the the faith think that Sanson was this muscular man with seven locks or in todays vernacular seven dread locks on his head. But let's look at how the Bible give us a proper view of the man in,

So Delilah said to Samson, “Please tell me where your great strength lies, and how you might be bound, that one could subdue you.

Why would Delilah ask Samson where his strength lies if he looked like this guy in the movie, think of the men that have played Samson in the movies like Victor Mature and others that have bodies that look muscluar. If Samson looked like a bodybuilder Delilah would of never asked Samson where his trength lied. How many of you remember the show, "The Andy Griffth Show?" if you do we have the perfect actor that most resembles Samson and his name as the character played in the show on the Andy Griffth Show and he was the deputy Barney Fife that is what Samson looked like. Now place seven cread locks on Barnet Fife and you have the Biblical image of Samson.

Do you think for one minute that Hollywood would put Barney Fife or any of the other
characters that palyed a skinny weak person on any sitcom with seven dread locks and you have Samson. If that causes you to think I am speaking some type of blasphemes words you have fallen into the Hollywood Christianity that is not reality.

So reject a movie the lost may go see and then might lead them to the church house or Bible teacher to explain it to them. :confused:

How religious of you.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
Stop being small minded and get over it. What matters is Jesus and the gospel is preached. It is the goodness of God that leads people to repentance. Not whether or not He was handsome in the flesh.

Dec 4, 2017

I was wondering if there have been any films narrated about the other shoftim(judges?

E

eternally-gratefull

Stop being small minded and get over it. What matters is Jesus and the gospel is preached. It is the goodness of God that leads people to repentance. Not whether or not He was handsome in the flesh.
amen sis, I have to pass some reputation around or you would have a rep!

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
amen sis, I have to pass some reputation around or you would have a rep!
Thanks E-G! Haha, you know what I was reading this thing I mentioned before, the commentary on Galatians by Martin Luther. I think the original is in Latin, so they translated it to modern english and I'm really amazed that reformation started with the revelation of GRACE thru faith.

Until recently, I've always thought this grace teaching is new to our generation. But it's been going on for so long and what's more amazing is people still CHOSE to go back to living under the law when it was already very obvious.