People I would like to meet

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Ancient Mariner
Mar 18, 2021
9,835
7,474
113
Frankston, Victoria
christianlife.au
There have been some amazing people throughout history and amazing people are alive right now. If you could choose, one living and one departed (dead for those who are very literal), who would you choose?

My pick for someone no longer with is was easy. I'd love to meet Watchman Nee. I would like to know a lot more about his life on earth and how he coped with 20 years in a Chinese prison.

I found those living harder to choose. There are countless unnamed heroes of faith in places like North Korea. I'd like to meet a believer from there, find out how they heard the gospel and how they endured in possibly the most hostile nation to Christianity and the most difficult to hide from the authorities.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts.
 
On my list I would love to have a chat with Pres Nixon and thank him for saving Israel, a little known fact about him.
  • The Plea: When the surprise attack by Egypt and Syria put Israel in immediate danger, Meir called Nixon's administration for support to prevent, as she saw it, an imminent catastrophe.
  • The Action: Despite risks of an oil embargo and friction with European allies, Nixon famously ordered to "send everything that can fly".
  • The Impact: Operation Nickel Grass delivered over 22,000 tons of supplies (and more by sea), allowing Israel to gain the upper hand.
  • The Aftermath: Meir later expressed deep gratitude to Nixon, referring to him as "my president" and highlighting that the planes "meant life to our people" Almost everyone was against him doing this even Kissinger. The President recalls when he was little his mom prophesied that he would one day be in a position to save Israel and when that day came to do it. He went under fire for this but never regretted it I'm sure he knows now, but I would also like to commend him for the awesome gallanty he displayed in doing what he knew was the right thing, even in the face of great opposition.
 
I would like to meet John Wesley, founder of Methodism. He was a powerful preacher and the revival that followed saved Great Brittian from a revolution such a France experienced.
He was a great theologian. I am much endeared to Wesleyan- Arminianism.
We can't fault his impact on the church even if we do not agree with every doctrine. I'm an Arminian Calvinist. Man has free will and is responsible and God is sovereign. No, I can't explain it. I see both in scripture. I will know for sure one day.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ruthie
On my list I would love to have a chat with Pres Nixon and thank him for saving Israel, a little known fact about him.
  • The Plea: When the surprise attack by Egypt and Syria put Israel in immediate danger, Meir called Nixon's administration for support to prevent, as she saw it, an imminent catastrophe.
  • The Action: Despite risks of an oil embargo and friction with European allies, Nixon famously ordered to "send everything that can fly".
  • The Impact: Operation Nickel Grass delivered over 22,000 tons of supplies (and more by sea), allowing Israel to gain the upper hand.
  • The Aftermath: Meir later expressed deep gratitude to Nixon, referring to him as "my president" and highlighting that the planes "meant life to our people" Almost everyone was against him doing this even Kissinger. The President recalls when he was little his mom prophesied that he would one day be in a position to save Israel and when that day came to do it. He went under fire for this but never regretted it I'm sure he knows now, but I would also like to commend him for the awesome gallanty he displayed in doing what he knew was the right thing, even in the face of great opposition.
Nixon was one of my commanders--in-chief when I served in the military. One of my favorite presidents too.
 
Missionaries? Gladys Aywald (sp) sounded amazing.

People in Bible - apart from Jesus? Mary Magdalene. Jonah. Leah. Bathsheba. Moses.

Politicians/Presidents/World leaders...Well I never got to meet the Queen, (Elizabeth II ) or Princess Diana. Haven't met any of my countries Prime Ministers, and Jacinda Ardern's talk on her book at the writers fest is sold out.

Not sure if I really want to meet any US Presidents, but I did read a lot about first lady Jacqui Kennedy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: faithlife
I saw this online.
Nixon's First Cover-Up, The Religious Life of A Quaker President
quakertheology.org
https://quakertheology.org › nixon-quaker-religious-life

Jan 21, 2020 — Was Nixon really a Quaker? No. Was he a member of a Quaker church throughout his life? Yes.
It reminds me of the old adage, "Just as going into a stable doesn't make you a horse, so going to Church doesn't make you a Christian".
 
“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings”. 1 Peter 5:8-9
 
  • Like
Reactions: BetterCallPsalms