Perfection, Some SayThat You Cant Be

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

You all sound like kids making fun of what is not understood. But wisdom is JUSTIFIED of her children.
how about you Israel can we get a testimony for the Glory of God?

Here is a test:

How do you live your life as a disciple of Christ?

can you share with us your testimony for the Glory of God?

Last edited:
A

Abiding

Could you give me a detailed explanation of what exactly that even means?
Jesus meant this: John 14:22-26
New King James Version (NKJV)
22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”
23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.
25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

But what gary is saying is anyones guess

A

Abiding

Gary hasnt defined himself...Ask him to define "one" "unity" etc.
I think he is expressing just a form of gnosticism.

I

Israel

how about you Israel can we get a testimony for the Glory of God?

Here is a test:

How do you live your life as a disciple of Christ?

can you share with us your testimony for the Glory of God?

I live it the same way I did as if I've never read the bible. It is not the book that showed me how to act or behave. For that is in all of us.

For me, the book only served the purpose of understanding what is already there.

In that understanding and joy received by it, I cannot be moved and brought under the power of anything.

A

AnandaHya

I live it the same way I did as if I've never read the bible. It is not the book that showed me how to act or behave. For that is in all of us.

For me, the book only served the purpose of understanding what is already there.

In that understanding and joy received by it, I cannot be moved and brought under the power of anything.
that is not an answer. WHAT is already there Israel?

WHAT has God written in your heart?

how is your typical day spent? how do you glorify God?

Jesus prayed on the mountaintops in solitude, preach to the multitudes, healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, raised the dead, forgave people their sins. Do you and does Gary do the same?

Or even try and do a small part of what Jesus did while He was here?

What ministry has God entrusted to your care?

What is your testimony? How do you OBEY God's VOICE and His HOLY SPIRIT who you say lives within you?

does your heart testify to the truth of these words?

1 Peter 3:14-16
14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.”[a] 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

Are you ready to give defense for the Hope that is in you?

Last edited:
I

Israel

that is not an answer. WHAT is already there Israel?

WHAT has God written in your heart?

how is your typical day spent? how do you glorify God?

Jesus prayed on the mountaintops in solitude, preach to the multitudes, healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, raised the dead, forgave people their sins. Do you and does Gary do the same?

Or even try and do a small part of what Jesus did while He was here?

What ministry has God entrusted to your care?

What is your testimony? How do you OBEY God's VOICE and His HOLY SPIRIT who you say lives within you?

does your heart testify to the truth of these words?

1 Peter 3:14-16
14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.”[a] 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

Are you ready to give defense for the Hope that is in you?
Sorry, I didnt know my walk was supposed to look like yours. This is how I work out my salvation. Everyone I meet is Jesus, and I try to treat that accordingly.

M

MissCris

And God is telling you to be one with Him, He in you and youin Him as one, Christ in you.
Well...I didn't want to start making uneducated assumptions about this, in the hopes that things would start to make sense.

Buuuuut, they haven't.

I know what it means to 'be in Christ'. That's pretty clear to me.

But this 'be one with Him, He in you and you in Him as one, Christ in you'....

Are you saying WE ARE GOD because we are ONE with Him?

It smells a bit of manure.

A

AnandaHya

Sorry, I didnt know my walk was supposed to look like yours. This is how I work out my salvation. Everyone I meet is Jesus, and I try to treat that accordingly.
you haven't said anything you just evade. I never even told you of my walk so how would you know.

"everyone I meet is Jesus"

mmmm where have I heard a similar expression?

warning this is NOT a Christian site, not recommended for new believers:

We Are God is the Truth Behind World Religion

"'Everyone is God' is the Common truth behind all World Religion

All the Worlds Religions are really the same Religion when we strip away the more superficial aspects of the Great Faith Traditions, i.e. the rules, the rituals and the regulations. Then we find that at the esoteric core of all Religion is the eternal idea that a persons ultimate and real identity is God.

In this section we show that the idea that a person's real identity is ultimately God, lies at the heart of all world religion. "

and some Bible verses to ground us again:

Revelations 13
18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

2 Thessalonians 2

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Last edited:
A

AnandaHya

I live it the same way I did as if I've never read the bible.

I cannot be moved and brought under the power of anything.
now those two sentences should have been red flags.

Reading the Bible did not change him at all and he does not submit to any power,

not even God's?

hmm.....

I

Israel

now those two sentences should have been red flags.

Reading the Bible did not change him at all and he does not submit to any power,

not even God's?

hmm.....

1 Corinthians 6 :12

12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

A

AnandaHya

1 Corinthians 6 :12

12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1 Corinthians 6
20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body[c] and in your spirit, which are God’s.

I

Israel

1 Corinthians 6
20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body[c] and in your spirit, which are God’s.
I do. The problem comes when I am judged by how someone else glorifies God. We ALL live and die to Him.

A

AnandaHya

Jesus resurrection was physical.

John 2:19-22
Jesus answered them, Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days. They replied, It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days? But the temple he had spoken of was his body. After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

Jesus ate after his resurrection.

Luke 24:42-43
They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence.

Jesus was risen in a flesh and bone body.

Luke 24:39
Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.

Later Thomas put his finger in the holes of Jesus hands.

John 20:27
Then he said to Thomas, Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.
I wonder the OP did not comment on these Bible verses.

A

AnandaHya

I do. The problem comes when I am judged by how someone else glorifies God. We ALL live and die to Him.
no one has judged how you glorify God,

since you have not even given a testimony of How God works in your life, how would any one make any comment at all about how you glorify Him?

Nevermind Israel its a new day. If you don't want to talk of God's glory in your life that is your choice.

apparently asking questions is now equated to "attacking" someone.

gotta have that persecution, even if its only in your mind.

M

MissCris

I wonder the OP did not comment on these Bible verses.

The OP hasn't commented on an awful lot of things that might blow his case right out of the water :/

I

Israel

no one has judged how you glorify God,

since you have not even given a testimony of How God works in your life, how would any one make any comment at all about how you glorify Him?

Nevermind Israel its a new day. If you don't want to talk of God's glory in your life that is your choice.

apparently asking questions is now equated to "attacking" someone.

gotta have that persecution, even if its only in your mind.
No beloved, I am not. I answered it.

When I came to CC, I was NOT proclaiming that every man is saved. I had a definite zeal toward learning to again, only to understand what I already knew from within myself.

What I mean when I say that is that I didn't need any book to "tell" me not to steal. For that was in me and you, to begin with.

In my earnest desire to have an understanding, in not just saying that I accept a man I never met, but out of the premise that if MY life, depended on it, that I would get a DEFINITIVE answer from the One I would inquire about.

When I came here, I was even worried about me going to work every Saturday!

It is that very thing that started me on the path I declare today.

I was transfered to another store to manage there where my friend, who is also into God and it sparked a revival in both of us so to speak. We would have deep discussions on typical bible differences (sabbath, trinity, etc).

It was to the point though that the questions I posed, were beyond him to answer properly. He called his father (minister) to the job to try to reason with me on these issues. Typical CC debates on the issues, but at the end of our talk, his father asked me, "how do YOU even know that saturday is the 7th day"?

That struck a chord in me to find out what this day is and what it means. And when He gave me my answer, I "saw" Him for the first time. From the start until now, you can see the changes in what I post.

When I say no change beloved, what I mean is that I do not dilute myself. I do not look at it as now He is the reason I dont steal or kill. Again, that was already in me.

I do not go to church, however I witness to the job! And to my friends, and to anyone when conversation presents itself.

A

AnandaHya

No beloved, I am not. I answered it.

When I came to CC, I was NOT proclaiming that every man is saved. I had a definite zeal toward learning to again, only to understand what I already knew from within myself.

What I mean when I say that is that I didn't need any book to "tell" me not to steal. For that was in me and you, to begin with.

In my earnest desire to have an understanding, in not just saying that I accept a man I never met, but out of the premise that if MY life, depended on it, that I would get a DEFINITIVE answer from the One I would inquire about.

When I came here, I was even worried about me going to work every Saturday!

It is that very thing that started me on the path I declare today.

I was transfered to another store to manage there where my friend, who is also into God and it sparked a revival in both of us so to speak. We would have deep discussions on typical bible differences (sabbath, trinity, etc).

It was to the point though that the questions I posed, were beyond him to answer properly. He called his father (minister) to the job to try to reason with me on these issues. Typical CC debates on the issues, but at the end of our talk, his father asked me, "how do YOU even know that saturday is the 7th day"?

That struck a chord in me to find out what this day is and what it means. And when He gave me my answer, I "saw" Him for the first time. From the start until now, you can see the changes in what I post.

When I say no change beloved, what I mean is that I do not dilute myself. I do not look at it as now He is the reason I dont steal or kill. Again, that was already in me.

I do not go to church, however I witness to the job! And to my friends, and to anyone when conversation presents itself.
I see where you are coming from Israel and God's work in your life is very evident.

it is just there is a deceiving spirit that likes to lull people into passivity, and I find it abrasive.

In truth God writes His laws in the hearts of all His children but we are not saved by our obedience to the law but through the blood of Christ who then places His Holy Spirit in our hearts and allows us to cry out Abba Father. Then we are given the power, the love and the mind to follow those laws already inscribed by God within us.

To love others as God loves us. To not tolerate lies or deception but seek always His truth. to speak in love and compassion even though the Truth we utter may cut both us and them. For God's words are a two edged sword that separates the deception and strongholds of the mind that war against the knowledge of God.

Personally I would rather one speak bluntly and honestly of God's truth then a thousand lies and platitudes of peace and false comfort.

I'll speak with you later Israel.

Colossians 3:5-7
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.