Perhaps a Game Forum?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hello @RoboOp

Ever thought about having a Game Forum? Probably require a lot of licensing..... and copyright permissions....but, maybe CC members could play Backgammon, Chess, Checkers, Spades, Crazy 8, ...... together and chat.

I'm not sure how the App Store works on our cellphones but, I wonder if any of these "Game Creators" would be interested in a "Christian Twist" to their games for CC?

Come on all you "Creative Thinkers" out there!! Perhaps we can come up with some creative ideas.......:unsure::love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Perhaps CC could actually put Christian advertising only in the Game Forum to generate funding for the website.........:unsure:

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Perhaps CC could actually put Christian advertising only in the Game Forum to generate funding for the website.........:unsure:
The software for the site does not work well with customization. So a customization that extravagant seems highly unlikely.
All creators care about is making money. So unless they found it profitable they won't bother. Doubtful this site would generate enough to make it worth their while. Assuming they had the interest to connect themselves to a religious site. Or if their software would even work in that manner. If not they would have to create entirely new software which would be cost prohibitive.
Not to mention such places often use ads and thus CC would have no control over what ads popped up.
CC tried using ads before and had to quit due to so many complaints about inappropriate ads. I don't know that a Christian only ad company would generate much either. Or so I'm assuming since it wasn't used back when ads were on CC.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
The software for the site does not work well with customization. So a customization that extravagant seems highly unlikely.
All creators care about is making money. So unless they found it profitable they won't bother. Doubtful this site would generate enough to make it worth their while. Assuming they had the interest to connect themselves to a religious site. Or if their software would even work in that manner. If not they would have to create entirely new software which would be cost prohibitive.
Not to mention such places often use ads and thus CC would have no control over what ads popped up.
CC tried using ads before and had to quit due to so many complaints about inappropriate ads. I don't know that a Christian only ad company would generate much either. Or so I'm assuming since it wasn't used back when ads were on CC.
Great feedback, @Subhumanoidal. A Game Forum is a lot to think about and would require a huge effort.

Perhaps there are CC members that are game designers and computer tech geniuses that might find this idea an interesting one.....:unsure:

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
It would be awesome for there to be CC members to play games with! Be it board games or videogames!! I don’t play many videogames now but it’s nice to have friends to do so with.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
There are a good few online games out there that you can create private games that are invite only.

Skribbl.io is one that I very much enjoy, don't play it anymore because playing it public where someone can draw anything is uh...
not to my taste.

So maybe just a thread with invites, obviously you would want to be careful about clicking a random link though. That's kind of why I didn't ever do it. It'd be fun, but it also seems like it could open the door to things.

To be fair, I probably wouldn't accept an invite from someone that just joined and I didn't know even remotely.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
One word.

S C R A B B L E!!!!!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Pluto is a phone app (Android for sure, Apple I'm not sure) that allows friends and groups and has a variety of games to choose from.
It would be more feasible to have an official private group on an app. But that comes with it's own share of problems.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
A handful of years ago RoboOp tried "Christian" based advertising and found that a lot of it wasn't very Christian.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I have a lot bible book games, that can be played in the rooms or even in the forums

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
So, I'm thinking that Bible Games need to be created for the Teen Forum.......:unsure:

Teens love to play games! There must be something we can do! :unsure::love:(y)