Personalities

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I dont think it matters genderwise or age. Its about personality and that doesnt change much now matter how old you are. Males and females arent more one than the other either.
I would beg to differ with you on the age deal as I was shy and unsure of myself when younger and as I aged I grew more confident.

I never would have been a major leader as a young woman but was confident enough to do so latter in life.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Not so shy now..... I just don't like to deal with a lot of people now.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I am a carpenter, new and remodel. I suppose it helps some, often a loud environment and one must be boisterous at times.
I was bored to tears in High School in home ec class so quit that and took wood working class and learned to make a bunch of stuff. Made a pet bed, small desk top book case, a piece of art on wood and built a round table with formica on a pedestal that my In-Laws used for years.

Later after I had my daughter I built her youth bed that was so strong it could hold both of us as a lot of times when I put her to bed at night and she wanted me to lay down with her.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I would beg to differ with you on the age deal as I was shy and unsure of myself when younger and as I aged I grew more confident.

I never would have been a major leader as a young woman but was confident enough to do so latter in life.
again introversion isnt about being SHY.

Its about being quiet which is not the same as being shy. I wish people would get that. Introverts are not unconfident at all, we just dont feel the need to boss people around. Most people as they grow older, will lead in some capacity, it comes with maturity.

Myers briggs doest deal with things like social anxiety which is actually very different from personality traits. You could ask the same questions of people when they are young and get the same result as they get older. It hasnt changed for me.

Take it from hundreds of introverts, we are NOT SHY. Just quiet.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I quit taking those test because I always get the same result.......

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
wazza, no thats not the test.
Its just 16 different types and none of them specify jerk. If one of them was, well maybe we would be more understanding of jerks. Perhaps. ?!

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Your type is the INTP
As an INTP, you tend to be extremely analytical, objective, and logical. You are likely to approach interactions with others in a logical way, rather than relying on emotion.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
well thats definitely a DOER job and if you remodelling you do need to ask people what they think and take lots of measurements I suppose. All that hammering and sawing.

If an INFP was doing something with wood it would be more like carving or woodturning. Or being an aborist. Or possibly even just thinking about it or reading books on it lol.

Have you ever made a treehouse?

never a treehouse but plenty of forts. Just made one two days ago, a three sided affair with a roof around my fire pit. It wont last though cause its made outa cedar and I certainly plan on burning it a later date.................

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My personality test came back IFCT. Indolent Feline CatNapping. The Lazy Lynx.

The Lazy Lynx personality type is most likely to be found in a tree taking a nap. This personality type can be persuaded to engage in whatever activities are going on, but in the absence of activities initiated by others, the Lazy Lynx type will default to energy conservation. This type of person is very efficient and will always know the shortest path to take and the quickest way to get something done.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Wait, what? Where are the "These personality tests are a waste of time" posts? Come on people, what's holding things up?

These threads have a certain rhythm to them, and we've seen enough of them by now to know how they go. Somebody says "Hey let's all take this personality test and post our answers!" A few people do so and compare notes. Then two or three people talk (sometimes at great length) about how there is no real science behind the personality tests. Two or three other people will say "Yeah we know, but it's fun so just hush!" Somewhere in the middle of all this I'll post my totally frivolous post about being a lazy cat personality type. After everybody who wants to play along has done the personality test, the thread dies down. Then in a couple months somebody else starts another one.

But this thread has gone 33 posts (34 counting this one) without any "These personality tests are a total load of hooey" comments. What's taking so long?

Come on, shape it up people! Let's hear some derision out there! Y'all messing up the rhythm.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Wait, what? Where are the "These personality tests are a waste of time" posts? Come on people, what's holding things up?
Come on, shape it up people! Let's hear some derision out there! Y'all messing up the rhythm.
That's a BDF response, and the beady effers aren't here today. ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
seoul gonna sue you for copyright infringement, calling them the beady effers... That was HER speech-to-text typo.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I like this I am considering myer-briggsing everyone I know on FB lol
We did this once as a class when I was learning how to teach english as second language and it was very interesting to see how our personality corresponded to our teaching style or approach.

And of course if you know your class is more of extrovert or introvert you can tailor activities to them so they can be more engaged in learning, or provide a choice of activiites. We all know in some classes theres always the class clown and the brainy one whos hand is always up, and the one who looks like they sleep in class but actually learns by osmosis.

H

Heart_Melody

Just for fun..
Personality test. Take the Myer Briggs Test and post what category you are. Lets see if any of us are actually the same or compatible. I find it very useful in the workplace. Because not everyone is the same (of course!) And that is ok.

I always get INFP. In a nutshell it means I am an an idealist.
I too am an INFP - T :) OOF ITS SO ExhAUSTing. is it just me??