Please explain what "Download Christian Chat Application (For Windows) means

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HopeNFaith

Jan 25, 2014
Since I continue to be able to log into the site but not able to get into any chatroom I continued to read the page where we log in. It now says "Download Christian Chat Application (for windows). Please correct me if I am mistaken but doesn't this have to do with the mobile phone app? If so, why would this interfere with us that are having difficulty getting in to a room via some other technical device.

Thank you again, and please get back to me regarding this issue I have come across. Blessings

Off123123123

Apr 3, 2006
USA
It means if you have a computer with windows as the OS then in theory you should be able to logon to CC. If you have a computer with the Apple operating system, then in theory, but totally based on a hunch, that solution is coming soon Here's to thinking after you leap and keeping a good percentage of users out. ..
toast.jpg
. Soon may mean. . .
skeleton.jpg

But I'm just going on a hunch.

Aug 2, 2009
Since I continue to be able to log into the site but not able to get into any chatroom I continued to read the page where we log in. It now says "Download Christian Chat Application (for windows). Please correct me if I am mistaken but doesn't this have to do with the mobile phone app? If so, why would this interfere with us that are having difficulty getting in to a room via some other technical device.

Thank you again, and please get back to me regarding this issue I have come across. Blessings

You are probably using google chrome as your browser. The chat rooms don't work with google chrome (at least on my computer it doesn't). They do work with the mozilla firefox browser..

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Aug 2, 2009
PLEASE DISREGARD my previous post.... I did not know that things had changed on the homepage. I don't see a button to enter chat anywhere now.

May 24, 2005
i'm having the same issue. I've tried Internet Explorer and Chrome

Oct 21, 2017
Leonardo DiCaprio (from your picture) has a hint. Wine might help if you have Apple.

Aug 13, 2013
The new software does not work for me. I can't get into CC. I get an error message software not installed. Can this be fixed?

Oct 9, 2017
from the FEDERALIST I am a donorbut now I cant log on as the FEDERALIST to the chat room .I can use three different computors and log on as a guest but no one sees me out there at all . shall I wait for a change, do I still donate, or do I walk away quietly????????????

U

Ugly

from the FEDERALIST I am a donorbut now I cant log on as the FEDERALIST to the chat room .I can use three different computors and log on as a guest but no one sees me out there at all . shall I wait for a change, do I still donate, or do I walk away quietly????????????
Did you do what the above posts say and download the app for Windows?

Oct 9, 2017
thanks for the response yes im on firefox now and downloaded that app many times, i see others have same issue ,i can log o0n to chat room on any computor and listen without the requirements but as logged on as the FEDERALIST i can only use this post .

Oct 9, 2017
does anyone here know for SURE if I sign in as a guest and go down to the bottom line and text does it go out for others to see????????

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Guests cannot communicate in the chat rooms.. You need to be signed in..

does anyone here know for SURE if I sign in as a guest and go down to the bottom line and text does it go out for others to see????????

A

AuntieAnt

Ok, I downloaded the chat app correctly, got into the chat room fine, but when I tried to use the mic, it said I have to take a tour before being allowed to use it. WHAT TOUR?

A

AuntieAnt

Ok, RoboOp cleared it up for me. All's well. :eek:

jdu4510

Nov 26, 2016
Oh when oh when is the Mac update coming? I'm in serious Bible Chat Room withdrawals.
Cheers and God Bless you all ! :)

Oct 9, 2017
after many weeks of reading the nonfixs such as using firefox and adobe air and firewall issues to over come some poor idea of a windows change ,ive given up on chat room fixs, because nothing works as stated, so far this ends in failure from the FEDERALIST....

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
PLEASE DISREGARD my previous post.... I did not know that things had changed on the homepage. I don't see a button to enter chat anywhere now.
That's probably a good thing, just a bunch of mindless drivel and people hogging the mike talking about Jesus 24/7/365.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ok, I downloaded the chat app correctly, got into the chat room fine, but when I tried to use the mic, it said I have to take a tour before being allowed to use it. WHAT TOUR?
Obvious misspelling as it is actually a detour.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I'm confused as to what other person's complications are. I downloaded, ran the app, and logged right in with no complications whatsoever.