Please give me your input!?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 7, 2018
Jesus is my savior, my only true way to God the Father and His Kingdom. But is Jesus God, or is He Gods Son whom will come gather us children to live in Gods Kingdom with Jesus and God?

Dec 12, 2013
Jesus is both.....that is hard for us to understand but true nonetheless......

Jesus is the physical manifestation of the Heavenly Father <--Hebrews 1.....uses the word ICON translated IMAGE in the KJ....
Jesus said I and my Father are ONE
Jesus said that the Father judges NO man, but has committed all judgment unto the SON<--so in Revelation when the dead stand before GOD to be judged they are being judged by Jesus

These truths are hard to grasp because we are trying to understand the infinite, eternal God who is also Spirit, Light and Love through a finite mind limited by our flesh and a lack of understanding....

The bible also states that JESUS disrobed himself of the Glory that he has with the FATHER and took upon himself the form of sinful flesh in order to redeem humanity.

Very deep truths........

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
He is both the Son and very God of very Gods.

"unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom" (Hebrews 1:8).

Yes, it is a mystery . . . but that is why God raised up Paul - to give us understanding of the secret things of God that He wants revealed.

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (I Timothy 3:16).

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Jesus is my savior, my only true way to God the Father and His Kingdom. But is Jesus God, or is He Gods Son whom will come gather us children to live in Gods Kingdom with Jesus and God?
Jesus is both God and the one and only Son of God. Remember John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His ONLY begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." This verse is teaching that Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God as in there are no others.

Of course men are called "sons of God," angels are called "sons of God" but not in the same sense as Jesus Christ. What do I mean then? The one person of Jesus Christ has two natures, one on His mothers side which is "human" and one on His Fathers side which is deity.

You and I and all humans share the same nature as our fathers and mothers. Beavers and all other creatures share the same nature as their parents. Cats begat cats, lions begat lions and so on. Since the Father of Jesus Christ is deity, Jesus is deity/God. You can prove me wrong IF you can give me an example of a son that does not share the same nature as its father.

Furthermore, if you notice the Jews on numerous occasions accused Jesus of blasphemy and wanted to kill Him, why? Because He claimed to be the Son of God which means in the case of Jesus Christ He is God. In other words, why would the Jews want to kill Jesus and accuse Him of blasphemy for claiming to be the Son of God since they themselves claim to be the sons of God? Look at John 10:36. Also look at the record of His trial at Matthew 26 and what the high priest Caiaphas ask Jesus at vs63? I'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Allow me to offer an imperfect analogy: my Dad is human; I am human, and I am his son. The Father is God; Jesus is God, and Jesus is the Father's Son.

Titus 3:9 "we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ".

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
I have a plaque of footprints in the sand. I have lived through extremely trying times emotionally. A couple of times when traveling by car for work I even thought about just crashing my car into a concrete piller supporting an overpass. The thought of what that would do to my family prevented that. God was carrying me at those points.

Mar 28, 2016
Supernatural (no nature) God is not a man as us......never was, never could have a beginning of days or end of Spirit life. And neither is there a fleshly as that seen mediator set between God and man as some sort of infallible umpire. We walk by faith, the unseen eternal and not by sight after the things seen the temporal .

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.2 Corinthians 4:18

J

jaybird88

Jesus says He is the Son of the Most High.

J

jaybird88

Not just the Son but also God incarnate. He stated that "I and the Father are one." Read John 1:1 to 16.
so when Jesus says He is one with the Father He in fact means He is the Father?
and when Jesus says believers are one with Him, this must mean believers are Jesus?

Apr 15, 2017
God said there is no God beside Him, and there was no God formed before Him, and there will be no God formed after Him, and He is the only Savior.

Jesus is God manifest in the flesh, which throws some people off for God is an omnipresent Spirit, which the heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain God, and He is above all, and through all, and in all.

What it means is God manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus, for He is the fulness of the Godhead bodily, and the Spirit in Christ is still connected to the omnipresent Spirit of God, for He cannot be separated.

The Bible says when the fulness of the time was come God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law, and the Son was made according to the flesh.

Jesus is God and man, and the man Christ Jesus is the personal human body of God which He glorified that human body, and will be the visible manifestation to the saints for all eternity, for the throne in heaven is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus.

When Jesus was on earth He could speak either as God, or man.

Jesus as a human does not have His own personal Spirit that moves around with Him, for the Spirit does not have to move for He is already there, and there cannot be an empty space in one spot, and a double portion of the Spirit in another spot.

The Spirit fills all space for God is omnipresent, and He does not have to move for He is already there, and the Spirit cannot be disconnected from the Spirit.

Which this makes it easier to understand how Jesus can be God, although God is an omnipresent Spirit.

The man Christ Jesus walks through the Spirit, and wherever He is at the Spirit is there, so if He is standing in a certain spot He has the Spirit in that spot, and if He moves 100 feet away He has the Spirit in that spot, but He still has the Spirit no matter where He is at.

The same as the saints, they do not have their own personal Spirit that moves around with them, but they walk through the Spirit and wherever they are at they have the Spirit.

Jesus is God Himself showing a visible manifestation of Himself, the only way we can see the invisible God, and the way He provided salvation, which is by being a sinless man, and laying His life down for us, which the Bible says that God laid down His life for us, and purchased the Church with His own blood.

Which the Bible says that God reconciled the world unto Himself in the person of Jesus Christ, God and man in harmony.

Jesus is God and man, and the man Christ Jesus has the fulness of God's attributes, where the saints have partial attributes.

We have the Spirit, but the man Christ Jesus has the Spirit without measure, and it pleased the Father that in Him all fulness should dwell, and He is the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

God showed Abraham 2 visible manifestations of Himself, one when He was with 2 of His angels, and one as Melchizedek, King of Salem.

Which Jesus is made after the order of Melchizedek who has no natural decent, without father and mother, and having no beginning of days, and no end of life.

But a lot of people will not question that it was God in a visible manifestation appearing to Abraham, but then doubt that Jesus is God in a visible manifestation, for whether God makes a body from the dust of the earth, or from the womb of Mary, it is still God.

But those 2 visible manifestations to Abraham was temporary, but Jesus is forever.

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Jesus is the only Ruler, which He shall show in due time, and dwells in the light that no person can approach unto, and no person has ever seen Jesus, and no person will ever see Jesus, and that is because Jesus is more than a visible being, but He is the invisible God that created all things, and has no beginning, but according to His humanity He has a beginning.

Jesus is God and man.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Jesus is God, the one and only God. Simple.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
and when Jesus says believers are one with Him, this must mean believers are Jesus?
When Jesus said at John 10:30, "I and the Father are one" He was saying He and the Father are one in nature. We already know they are one in purpose. The reason I know Jesus was talking about being one in nature is because of the Jews reply at John 10:31, "The Jews took up stones AGAIN to stone Him." Why do you think that is jaybird? Please read the context. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
BLUTO

[/QUOTE]

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Hey! Ata... PTL!

Jn 1:1-3 "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things that were made were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made."

Jn 1:14 "And the word was made flesh and we beheld his glory, the glory of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

Heb 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the majesty on high."

Maranatha!

J

jaybird88

When Jesus said at John 10:30, "I and the Father are one" He was saying He and the Father are one in nature.
ok, but then we have just a few sentences later Jesus applying the exact same phrase with believers and Jesus even says its the same. yet your telling me its not the same, it means one thing here (becouse it supports a manmade doctrine, then it means something else over here.
sorry but its not a wise way to interpert scripture, it makes you look like you have no credibility.

We already know they are one in purpose.
me and my co worker can be one in purpose, it has nothing to do with anything.

The reason I know Jesus was talking about being one in nature is because of the Jews reply at John 10:31, "The Jews took up stones AGAIN to stone Him." Why do you think that is jaybird? Please read the context. :eek:
Jesus answers that:
36 do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

He says "SON OF" the Most High. but you want to remove the "Son of" part and re write it as if Jesus is claiming to be the Most High which is not what the scripture says.

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
In the same way that Jesus is one with the Father, the church will be one with the Lord.

Jn 17: 21-23 "That they all may be one, as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou givest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them as thou hast loved me."

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
In the same way that Jesus is one with the Father, the church will be one with the Lord.

Jn 17: 21-23 "That they all may be one, as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou givest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them as thou hast loved me."
This is what proves that there are not many denominations teaching many different things . . . there is one church teaching one specific thing (whatever denominational name it goes by). Any group teaching any other thing is false and the preachers are damning their members to a Christless eternity - unless they hear the Gospel from some other source.

Oct 7, 2018
Thank you all. I’m new in my calling to a deeper relationship with Christ. I’ve been to church a scattered number of times, and done some reading here and there. (Not counting when I was made to as a teenager and paid absolute no attention) I get thrown about about often when reading scripture, trying to get a deeper understanding of what is preached at my church, and what I’ve learned throughout the years. I understand that my body is the temple for God... that he is establishing his kingdom on earth. One part of scripture I read that really made me ponder the relationship between Christ and God after reading:
“Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.

For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:24-

Thank you all! And no matter my confusion, my savior is Jesus and I’m here to Glorify his name and bare his cross 🙏

Oct 7, 2018
So my conclusion then is that when all is finalized, as Jesus is in heaven as he left earth, and will return such as... and then Will become all in all with and as God to be our king forever and ever?

Oct 7, 2018
Or. When Jesus died and rose again was all authority and dominion put under his feet. And then made subject to God as he rose to the throne to be One. To be the One and only we wait for. Jesus our God? Sorry I’m a stay at home mother and wife and my free time is limited so I’ve not much time to bible study or fellowship. ❤️