Please give me your input!?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 7, 2018
The Trinity is totally logical based on the fact that God is "NOT" illogical although sometimes He is "a-logical" which means He goes beyond logic. Now, since Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God according to John 3:16 can you please give me an example of a son that does not share the same nature as it's father? Just one question mark? :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is God's 'nature'?
He is a Spirit Being.
He is Love.

So is Jesus.
The Triune Travesty has NOTHING to do with logic nor Scripture- ONLY Churchianity.

Attachments

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
--------------------------------------
Thus he denies what Jesus taught. Sad.
And thus this poster denies the truth about God and Christ by attacking my post.

The primary attack on Christianity is an attack on Christ -- that He is not God.

But if He is not God He cannot be either Lord or Savior.

Dec 12, 2013
---------------------------------
I see we have the dishonest here.
You should know.....it fits you well....so...tell us all plainly with a simple YES or NO

Do you believe JESUS is GOD?

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

YES or NO will suffice

Oct 7, 2018
Yeah.. Son as in 'image' or 'reflection' of the Father.

Not as in born out of the Father or not existing until being created out of the Father.

Jesus is uncreated and eternal. With the Father and Holy Spirit as one being.

Like ice water and steam. Different expressions of the same one material.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More like Ice Cream melted by Steam.
God SENT His son- 1/3 God did NOT 'become' a son when born a man.
God gave us and the Jews MANY references that EASILY help us to understand Jesus DID have a beginning/creation/birth, when saying he is His SON, His only-begotten, the firstborn of all creation, and the beginning of all His creation.
The clergy tries to brush all those away saying they are just symbolic titles.

Attachments

Dec 12, 2013
And thus this poster denies the truth about God and Christ by attacking my post.

The primary attack on Christianity is an attack on Christ -- that He is not God.

But if He is not God He cannot be either Lord or Savior.
He has already proven he rejects and ignores context, and now stands against Scripture only and is peddling watchtower dogma...he won't last long

Dec 12, 2013
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More like Ice Cream melted by Steam.
God SENT His son- 1/3 God did NOT 'become' a son when born a man.
God gave us and the Jews MANY references that EASILY help us to understand Jesus DID have a beginning/creation/birth, when saying he is His SON, His only-begotten, the firstborn of all creation, and the beginning of all His creation.
The clergy tries to brush all those away saying they are just symbolic titles.
More watchtower dogma bolded above folks....

Oct 7, 2018
You should know.....it fits you well....so...tell us all plainly with a simple YES or NO

Do you believe JESUS is GOD?

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

YES or NO will suffice
-------------------------------------
Of COURSE I am (OOPS! Not claiming to be God, DC!) a JW! Who else knows who God IS?
No- Jesus is not literally God- but His (not 'Their') son.
And, no, I am (OOPS! Not claiming to be God, DC!) NOT a Russellite.

Do YOU believe Jesus when he said that his father is the ONLY true God?

Oct 7, 2018
OOOOOOO!
He calls me a Russellite, and is afraid of Watchtower articles.
AND he unquestioningly accepts church dogma.

How sad.

Dec 12, 2013
-------------------------------------
Of COURSE I am (OOPS! Not claiming to be God, DC!) a JW! Who else knows who God IS?
No- Jesus is not literally God- but His (not 'Their') son.
And, no, I am (OOPS! Not claiming to be God, DC!) NOT a Russellite.

Do YOU believe Jesus when he said that his father is the ONLY true God?
You can deny all you want....two tenants of JW's is

a. Jesus was created or had a beginning
b. Jesus is not God

for a worker for you sure are walking a fine line being dishonest and rejecting the divinity of Christ......

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Hey! PTL!
We we're made in the Lord's image and after his likeness. So to illustrate the dynamics of the Lord, let's use a finger, held up. The skin is like Jesus in that that is the part of the body that is seen and known. The bone is like the Father who is over all. and the blood is like the Spirit, who moves unseen within us. Three distinct components that make up the one finger.
Before Jesus was born of flesh and dwelt among us, he was and is the word of God that was God and was with God, and who made all things that were ever made. To my thinking that means; every Sun, planet, and moon in this universe were made by Jesus and that he holds every electron, proton, and neutron of the universe together by the word of his power. If the Lord was just manifesting himself as three aspects, like in the comparison of a father, a son, and a husband all being the same person; he would not have said, "Let us make man in our image and after our likeness. Nor would he have revealed the so called, three aspects of himself as the voice of the Father speaking from heaven at Jesus baptism, and as Jesus being a man, and as the Spirit taking the form of a dove; all being shown to us at the same exact time. The problem is that as the heavens are above the earth, so is the Lord's thoughts and ways above our thoughts and ways. Or, it is the finite trying to comprehend the infinite. But we have a promise: that when that which is perfect is come, and mortality has put on immortality; we will know the Lord as fully as we ourselves are known by the Lord himself. I suspect that the Lord will make the minds in our resurrection bodies, to be able to comprehend the infinite. Jesus come quickly!
Maranatha!

Dec 12, 2013
OOOOOOO!
He calls me a Russellite, and is afraid of Watchtower articles.
AND he unquestioningly accepts church dogma.

How sad.
Afraid of.........not hardly, it makes for good resources.....next to the toilet for when I run out of paper.

J

jaybird88

First of all let me say jaybird I cannot believe in one of your later post you said the following. "context has nothing to do with anything, this is always the "go to" excuse for you guys when you twist scripture to conform to a doctrine." Your being hypocrital because you just used context with me when I quoted John 10:30, "I and the Father WE are one." when you ran to John 10:36 and said, "but then we have just a few sentences later Jesus applying the exact same phrase with believers and Jesus even says its the same." This is using "context."

Secondly, your completly clueless as to why Jesus quoted Psalm 82:6. It was to make a very important point. And btw, the gods at Psalm 82:6 are not really "gods" but men/judges who were acting on God's behalf and God says they will die like the men they are because they were corrupt.

So Jesus is taking the the Jew's statement about Him blaspheming to its logical conclusion. That is that the Jews's are being inconsistent, Jesus is saying "Ifg your say that I am blaspheming you must also hold that God is blaspheming because He said to those by whom the word of God came, "ye are gods." Nowhere does Jesus take back His statement and say that He is not one in nature with His Father. We already know that Jesus Christ is one in purpose with the Father, that's a given.

Moreover, the Jews knew exactly what Jesus meant when He/Jesus (literally said in the Greek) "I and the Father we are one." And you know what is even more interesting? The subject/context is about Jesus being one in nature with His Father because He is giving His own commentary of the context by bringing up Psalm 82:6 because it's about the issue of "gods." Now, I already know that your going to say, "But at vs36 Jesus is claiming to be the "Son of God" and not the true God. Apparently your not familar with the Jewish idiom, "the son of." So what say you mr. no context? :eek: PS: I'll have a lot more to say about Jesus being God later on because I want you to notice at John 10:31 that little word "AGAIN."

IN GOD THE SON.
bluto
thats not how context works. you guys are taking a "NO" and turning it into a "YES" with your "context" theory. lol

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
So, TQ, how would you explain/interpret John 1:1? We all know that "the Word" is Jesus Christ... so, your thoughts on that verse?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Every analogy to God's nature that uses physical objects will break down when extrapolated. While these analogies are good for showing the general idea of the triune nature of God, they are all inadequate, and most actually point to some aberration of the truth rather than the truth itself.

A case in point: the analogy of the egg: the shell by itself is not the egg, nor is the yolk, nor the white.Each is only part of the egg, but all three together make up the egg. This is not true of God.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Jesus is my savior, my only true way to God the Father and His Kingdom. But is Jesus God, or is He Gods Son whom will come gather us children to live in Gods Kingdom with Jesus and God?
Jesus was God, as the scriptures tell us. Jesus therefore is God. No one comes to God but through Jesus. No one comes to God but God calls them. Jesus said, I and the Father are one. And, when you have seen me you have seen the Father.

Jesus also said the kingdom of God is within. Our souls/spirits were given us by God's spirit, breath. Ecclesiastes 12
6. Remember Him before the silver cord is snapped, and the golden bowl is crushed, before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, and the wheel is broken at the well, 7 before the dust returns to the ground from which it came, and the spirit returns to God who gave it. 8“Futility of futilities,” says the Teacher. “Everything is futile!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
And insults.
How churchy
Insults are attacks upon the nature or character of a person or a group of people. One cannot insult an idea. If you don't care for your ideas being criticized, you're welcome to leave. Don't let the door hit you in the behind on your way out though.