Poll: Is the "social justice movement" related to critical race theory biblical?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is the social justice movement related to critical race theory biblical?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
How is that relevant to this conversation?

I have already told you why the Oneness view of God's nature is not coherent. There is interpersonal activity between the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Oneness view is like a puppetmaster putting different puppets on his hand and pretending like they have relationships. Anyone who wants to can go back and review what I"ve already said.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Social justice is part of critical theory.
A real good approach is to study the Frankfort school as it relates to Western philosophy and how it got rooted in America.
You are right.

And...I have been using the phrase "critical race theory" when in fact that is only a portion of the critical theory groups.

I found this great video that explains critical theory and how it conflicts with Christianity:

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Here's a page by a young lady who advocated critical theory earlier in her life, but has rejected it due to the unbiblical teachings:

https://www.centerforbiblicalunity.com/

"Woke ideology" involves critical theory within the Church.

Here's a video explaining this :

Unfortunately groups such as the Gospel Coalition and Southern Baptist Convention are promoting elements of critical theory in their teaching. Matt Chandler, JD Greear and Thabiti Anyabwile have also made remarks indicative that they support this false ideology. These individuals are people I respected at some level at one point, but if I was a pastor of a church, I would mark them as having aberrant theology at this point.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Here's another news item related to this issue...

Scott Volland, a pastor in Mississippi, claimed that his church (The Heights) fired him due to his promotion of Black Lives Matter, including supporting Black Lives Matters protests and removing statues.

Apparently he decided to take this to the media in protest.

I have a lot of problems with this man and his approach.

One, the church itself has good reason to avoid the Black Lives Matters movement. As outlined in other posts, this movement is a racist movement that promotes homosexuality, transgenderism, and abortion, as well as the elimination of capitalism. They are a cultural Marxist organization.

However, the implication that the media (and the pastor) promotes is, I believe, meant to claim that this church is racist. As any thinking Christian can see (and those might be rare today), there are plenty of good reasons to avoid association with this movement besides racism, and in my opinion the church board was right to dismiss him.

Two, this alleged "pastor" (the word means in essence "shepherd") is placing his former congregation under the possibility of destruction of property or perhaps having their lives threatened. Would a real shepherd do this?

True, he is not receiving a paycheck from them anymore, but he should care about their well-being, and should be smart enough to realize that BLM thugs might attempt to burn the church or harm the members.

In my opinion, his credentials should be pulled, or at the very least, he should be under strong church discipline if he is part of an association that practices church discipline. Unfortunately, in the USA, just about any person with the desire can become a pastor, regardless of his character, education or stability.

I am extremely disappointed that the media is instigating this sort of conflict within our society...I am not for one moment fooled by their complicity in this Black Lives Matter rioting and looting.

As for Scott Volland, I suspect he is nothing more than a wolf in sheep's clothing. He has shown his willingness to toss those under his care under the bus, so I don't think that I would want to be shepherded by him. A lot of guys like this are wanting to position themselves as "valiant defenders of the truth" when in reality they are opportunistic wolves. Beware, folks.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/protest-...lqewitOIUueN_ikHQ7JlvMRoT0S7tSeeSOsBI6aGdFfXY

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
The recent police killing of an unarmed black man is disgusting. There was no excuse for his death. The police officer used a technique that caused his death, and he deserves to be punished.

Massive protests have occurred throughout the nation. Some have involved burning buildings, looting, and destroying public and private property.

These protests come in the wake of the 'social justice movement" related to critical race theory. This movement has also been finding support within the Christian church, at the highest levels.

Now, there is no doubt that God expects the believer to be kind to the helpless in society, and to do whatever good they can do for them. In fact, I believe that Christians today are often lazy about this, and are spending their wealth on themselves rather than concerning themselves with the needs of other, less advantaged persons. I believe many American Christians will be taken to task on this before the throne of God.

But, the question is whether the "social justice" movement related to critical race theory is biblical.

In essence, this is the underlying teaching of the social justice movement: if a man shares the same physical characteristics as an abusive person in society, this man deserves to share at least some of the burden of the sin relating to the abuser. The more physical characteristics you share with the person, the more you deserve to share the burden of his sin.

For instance, white, Christian, male, Southern slaveowners from the 19th century abused slaves. If I am a white Christian Southern-bred male, I deserve to share the punishment for the sins this class perpetrated, more than if I am simply a white, northerner female.

A mental checklist is used to assign guilt and punishment using multiple categories such as this to determine your liability and susceptibility to punishment. The more intersections you populate, the more guilt you have, and punishment you deserve.

Major associations such as the Southern Baptists are fighting over this issue, and churches are leaving their association due to positions on this issue.

Feel free to comment on your position regarding "social justice". Again, no one believes that George Floyd deserved to die. However, I believe that some protesters are using the "social justice" concept to justify looting and rioting that is beyond peaceful protesting that our constitution allows. In fact, it makes no sense to penalize others for the sins of a white police officer. The individuals who owned these businesses likely were not fully insured and will be bearing a heavy financial burden.

And, feel free to supply more explanations related to critical race theory if you want. I admit I am no expert on this matter so my remarks might be a little incomplete.
This isn't "critical race theory" you are describing.

Its RACISM you are describing.

If you belong to a certain RACE then you deserve certain PUNISHMENT. If you belong to a certain other RACE then you deserve praise and support.

That's racism in a nutshell.

That's why they hate the term All Lives Matter. They want this to be about race. Because they themselves are racist.

Those who are not racist don't care about race and UNDERSTAND that the sins of the individual belong to the individual and DO NOT belong to the Whole Race.

If you are white and you think all black people hate you, why would you think that unless you are RACIST? Because you hate all of them they must all hate you. It absolutely works in reverse with ANY and ALL races.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
This isn't "critical race theory" you are describing.

Its RACISM you are describing.

If you belong to a certain RACE then you deserve certain PUNISHMENT. If you belong to a certain other RACE then you deserve praise and support.

That's racism in a nutshell.

That's why they hate the term All Lives Matter. They want this to be about race. Because they themselves are racist.

Those who are not racist don't care about race and UNDERSTAND that the sins of the individual belong to the individual and DO NOT belong to the Whole Race.

If you are white and you think all black people hate you, why would you think that unless you are RACIST? Because you hate all of them they must all hate you. It absolutely works in reverse with ANY and ALL races.
There’s going to be a lot of people offended at the Great White Throne Judgment.🤭

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
I don't know if you guys have noticed it, but Google is "celebrating" trans queens of color on their search engine.

I just noticed this today.

Yet, statues of abolitionists are being destroyed by Black Lives Matter.

I guess everything is fine as long as the offended ones are Christians. Trans queen.jpg

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Whats sad is all the other deaths/killings.. don't get talked about. What was it yesterday a 2 y was killed. And a 13y girl (another one) hit in the head with a bullet.

What I liked.. was watching black people (I say black because so far they have been the only ones) saying the people watching what happen to floyd should be charged. I was like.. WOW.. thats exactly what I was thinking. So many times in my life.. I do run in..where the rest just watch. I could careless it was cop.. anyway.

Its just.. shocking/crazy how ALL the other deaths get no voice by the left media.

As for google.... they have always been like this.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Whats sad is all the other deaths/killings.. don't get talked about. What was it yesterday a 2 y was killed. And a 13y girl (another one) hit in the head with a bullet.

What I liked.. was watching black people (I say black because so far they have been the only ones) saying the people watching what happen to floyd should be charged. I was like.. WOW.. thats exactly what I was thinking. So many times in my life.. I do run in..where the rest just watch. I could careless it was cop.. anyway.

Its just.. shocking/crazy how ALL the other deaths get no voice by the left media.

As for google.... they have always been like this.
Maybe I just never noticed it.

Yes the left media reports what it wants and that's it. It has to meet their agenda.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
This lady is amazing concerning exposing Black Lives Matter and critical race theory.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
What is the movement to kill people at will? Just curious.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My question is more rhetorical than anything else, designed to stimulate true thought.

As for sides, I am not, nor will I be political since there is not a one politician I like enough to cloud my faith in the King. Actually, today, I do not care for any politician.. You see, they are politicians albeit from a grass roots movement or the tried and true established parties. Noe: true is simply an expressive modish description.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Here's a good video that shows the hypocrisy of these leftist groups:

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I said i dont know, because i literally do not know about the social justice movement or even what it is. I believe we should love all and give all opportunities in life.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
I said i dont know, because i literally do not know about the social justice movement or even what it is. I believe we should love all and give all opportunities in life.

"Social justice movement" focuses on EQUAL OUTCOMES and not EQUAL OPPORTUNITY.

For instance, if you work your butt off and earn 100,000 a year, and I am lazy and receive 20,000 a year, you have to give me You have to give me 40,000 a year so that we have equal outcomes....no matter how lazy I am.

This is especially true if I am an oppressed person, such as a minority or sexual pervert (homosexual or transgender).

Same thing with all power...you have to surrender your power if you are part of the "oppressor class" and give it to me, if I am a minority...

In fact, CRT or SJW is basically about power AND wealth.

And, if someone with your same skin tone oppressed someone with my same skin tone 200 years ago, you have to pay me "reparations". It doesn't matter if that person was your ancestor or not..all that matters is the skin tone. For example, if an Amish guy (who never held slaves) lives in the USA, he needs to pay reparations simply due to his skin tone.

But, they ignore the fact that a black man, Anthony Johnson, was one of the first slave owners in the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Demonic activity within BLM movement - shocking.

See this video where Patrisse Cullors and Melina Abdullah of BLM call upon names of deceased people for guidance and empowerment.