Pope tells gay man ‘God made you like this and loves you like this’

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NHR

Jun 11, 2018
This is why you follow Christ and His word... not a man and his word.
Jesus gave Peter and his successors the power to loose and bind (Mat 16:18-19). So if you don't follow the pope then then you are not following His word.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Not really, it’s entirely possible to be a church minister and be married, have a
family etc. In fact in many churches, the ministers wife is often just as involved
with the church as their husbands and helps with vital ministry.

But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: 1 Cor 7:32

But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife. 1 Cor 7:33

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
Jesus gave Peter and his successors the power to loose and bind (Mat 16:18-19). So if you don't follow the pope then then you are not following His word.
Hahaha 😂😂😂😂 I'm sorry, I can't read that without laughing. Good ol RCC. Placing man's word above God's. This is assuming the pope is correctly chosen. Let us not forget they picked one and he stepped down. Is that written off as an oops? Come on. Man is fallible. So is man's word. Gods word is not. Now be a good Berean and test the popes word against God's word..

NHR

Jun 11, 2018
Hahaha 😂😂😂😂 I'm sorry, I can't read that without laughing. Good ol RCC. Placing man's word above God's. This is assuming the pope is correctly chosen. Let us not forget they picked one and he stepped down. Is that written off as an oops? Come on. Man is fallible. So is man's word. Gods word is not. Now be a good Berean and test the popes word against God's word..
Actually if you accept the bible as the word of God then you have unknowingly already accepted the authority of the pope who set the the bible in the 4th-century. The bible doesn't tell you which books and writings were inspired the pope did.

How can you call laugh at the words of Christ which was, "And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven" (Mat 16:19). Jesus is clearly giving His authority to Peter and this church is protected. Jesus also claims if you do not follow this authority you will go to hell (Mat 18:17).

NHR

Jun 11, 2018
Actually if you accept the bible as the word of God then you have unknowingly already accepted the authority of the pope who set the the bible in the 4th-century. The bible doesn't telling you which books and writings were inspired the pope did.

How can you call laugh at the words of Christ which was, "And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven" (Mat 16:19). Jesus is clearly giving His authority to Peter and this church is protected. Jesus also claims if you do not follow this authority you will go to hell (Mat 18:17).
A pope is allowed to retire, show me the rule that says he cannot?

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
Actually if you accept the bible as the word of God then you have unknowingly already accepted the authority of the pope who set the the bible in the 4th-century. The bible doesn't telling you which books and writings were inspired the pope did.

Once again you are relying on the perceived infallibility of the RCC. I obviously do not argue the scripture given. I argue the perception that the RCC is infallible. If the pope did indeed condone a homosexual lifestyle, then the pope has contradicted scripture. If the RCC claims they can change the word of God, it's not I going to hell, but those with 3 fingers pointing back at them. Listen, we are going to agree to disagree. I'm not dense enough to think I can change your mind. We have both stated our opinion on the matter and we shall remain at an impasse.

NHR

Jun 11, 2018
Once again you are relying on the perceived infallibility of the RCC. I obviously do not argue the scripture given. I argue the perception that the RCC is infallible. If the pope did indeed condone a homosexual lifestyle, then the pope has contradicted scripture. If the RCC claims they can change the word of God, it's not I going to hell, but those with 3 fingers pointing back at them. Listen, we are going to agree to disagree. I'm not dense enough to think I can change your mind. We have both stated our opinion on the matter and we shall remain at an impasse.
Ok, well this gets back to my original point that no one knows if the pope actually made this claim.

NHR

Jun 11, 2018
Did Peter retire? Did he end his days wealthy? Whatever.. lol
It doesn't matter if he did or not. Just bec he didn't doesn't mean no future pope it allowed to. Your argument doesn't make sense.

M

Miri

Yes, the church can change the rule bec it is a disciple. Jesus gave to the pope the power to loose and bind so it is not sufficient to claim this as a man made rule that doesn't have to be followed (Mat 16:18). However it does not go against the bible to practice celibacy is my point and Jesus Himself said it is good for people who can take it. In the church no one is forced to become a priest. No one is prevented from getting married.

Now some priest can become priest for the wrong reason but this goes back tot he Judas thing. Jesus personally chose Judas as one of the 12. Yet he sinned and is probably in hell based on the words of Christ and even modern day exorcist priest who are claiming his spirit is a demonic one. He was one of the spirits in Emily Rose. But this does not nullify the church Jesus started. All these people chose to do the wrong thing with the free will they were given.

Jesus is clearly referring to Eunuchs as in celibacy. But Eunuchs in Jewish tradition did not cut anything off. This would be self mutilation. What you are referring to is a pagan practice. But as I quoted Jesus even said celibacy for the kingdom of God is ok.
So much wrong with this I don’t even know where to start!

Completely out of context and you assume Peter was the first pope. This is a
man made tradition. By the way can we go back a few posts where
I mentioned Peter was married as Jesus healed his mother in law.

Jesus was referring to actual Eunuchs who had been mutilated. See also previous
posts. Yes some might be born that way due to birth defects. Yes some were
mutilated against their will. Some might even have chosen that path. As I said
they were not allowed in the temple as they were damaged goods!
Jesus was saying to them I will accept you as you are. Just as he accepted the
woman of sameria (Samaritans were hated by the Jews). Just as he accepted
tax collectors (hated everyone). Jesus wasn’t commending or commanding
people to become Eunuchs and celibacy is completely different to being a
Eunuchs. For starters you can change your mind afterwards. Lol.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/eunuch/

Eunuch [N]
literally bed-keeper or chamberlain, and not necessarily in all cases one
who was mutilated, although the practice of employing such mutilated
persons in Oriental courts was common ( 2 Kings 9:32 ; Esther 2:3 ). The
law of Moses excluded them from the congregation ( Deuteronomy 23:1 ).
They were common also among the Greeks and Romans. It is said that
even to-day there are some in Rome who are employed in singing soprano
in the Sistine Chapel. Three classes of eunuchs are mentioned in Matthew 19:12 .

M

Miri

Well it’s been fun, but got to got work now and earn some mammon! Lol

NHR

Jun 11, 2018
Well it’s been fun, but got to got work now and earn some mammon! Lol
Actually Jesus says in the gospels that He is leaving a steward to watch over His church (Luke 12:36). John the apostle tells us that this position (the man with the key of David) still exist in the new testament church (Rev 3:7-10). Jesus the Davidic king (Luke 1:32), only gave His keys of authority to Peter (Mat 16:19).

Jesus wasn't necessarily referring to self mutilation as even in the translation you provided of that verse says some are Eunuchs for various reason but then it states some don't get married for the kingdom of God. Meaning celibacy. Even the Eunuch definition you provided says that it doesn't always mean mutilation which would exclude you from the church according tot he law of Moses.

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
That’s false teaching, Jesus never called any of his followers to be celebate.
Peter who was supposedly the first Pope (according to the Catholic Church, I don’t
believe he was), had a mother in law, as Jesus healed her!

Maybe if Catholic priests were allowed to have wives and it wasn’t such a
“Boys club”. We would see less cases of molestation. Even God told Adam it
was not good to be alone.

The bible also has things to say about this too, but the Catholic Church thinks
it knows better than God.

Matthew 8:14-15 NKJV
[14] Now when Jesus had come into Peter's house, He saw his wife's mother
lying sick with a fever. [15] So He touched her hand, and the fever left her.
And she arose and served them.

1 Corinthians 7:1-5 NKJV
[1] Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good
for a man not to touch a woman. [2] Nevertheless, because of sexual
immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have
her own husband. [3] Let the husband render to his wife the affection
due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband.

[4] The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband
does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own
body, but the wife does. [5] Do not deprive one another except with
consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer;
and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because
of your lack of self-control.
Perhaps I was not clear in my post that you quoted. If that be the case, my apology. I did not intend to communicate Jesus stated that homosexuals were to remain celibate. My statement in my post was that the Roman Catholic church Catechism states homosexuals are to remain celibate.

Pope Francis gives those Catholics I know concerns. One even told me he's made them question their faith choice and caused them to ponder leaving the Roman Catholic church. Francis is clearly ecumenical. Which is strange to read about given RCC history. And he's the first ever Jesuit elected to the office.
I'd say those are two signs that we may not want to ignore as pertains to the future.

And when someone who leads over a billion faithful makes the statements Francis has made, omitting in the case of the gay man who he supposedly spoke with that part about celibacy, is it any wonder gays take it to heart that the leader of the most populace denomination in the world is their champion?
Blog Article - Why the Church and the World Need Celibate Gay Saints

Celibate homosexuals aren't worthy of being referred to by their sexual preference any more than we should expect to read, why the church has heterosexual celibate Saints.
How many times have I been told in discussions of this topic type that if someone isn't sexually active then they're not really to be considered gay. They're just people, as are we all.
Interesting that the gay and transitioned community members without fail invest in double-speak about themselves. They will say they are not identified by whom they choose to sleep with, but yet they'll insist on being referred to as a gay male , or Lesbian. Same with Transitioned persons. They'll insist they're the gender they identify as and should be treated as that. Then they themselves will without fail self-identify using their altered state and refer to themselves using a hyphen. Trans-male. Trans-female.

Fallen minds can't think straight.
Which really makes me wonder about the public statements of Pope Francis of late.

NHR

Jun 11, 2018
The media has an agenda as I mentioned before that the local news reported that Francis wanted to bring in gay marriage but when you look up the interview Francis never said it. But even with this latest claim, it is hard to believe because it goes against what Francis has been preaching. Just this past May he said gay men should not be allowed to enter the seminary to become priest....

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...e-against-admitting-gay-men-to-seminary-65273

Feb 28, 2016
the vamp is sly, and she will deny the blood on her hands
she will stand-up and lie with ease
because her disease is in her soul...

Feb 28, 2016
NHR,
you have made yourself a 'troll' against Yeshua's Word, shame on you...

hub and I will begin a prayer for you...

NHR

Jun 11, 2018
NHR,
you have made yourself a 'troll' against Yeshua's Word, shame on you...

hub and I will begin a prayer for you...
All I did was ask you who is the vamp? That doesn't make me a troll.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Perhaps I was not clear in my post that you quoted. If that be the case, my apology. I did not intend to communicate Jesus stated that homosexuals were to remain celibate. My statement in my post was that the Roman Catholic church Catechism states homosexuals are to remain celibate.

Pope Francis gives those Catholics I know concerns. One even told me he's made them question their faith choice and caused them to ponder leaving the Roman Catholic church. Francis is clearly ecumenical. Which is strange to read about given RCC history. And he's the first ever Jesuit elected to the office.
I'd say those are two signs that we may not want to ignore as pertains to the future.

And when someone who leads over a billion faithful makes the statements Francis has made, omitting in the case of the gay man who he supposedly spoke with that part about celibacy, is it any wonder gays take it to heart that the leader of the most populace denomination in the world is their champion?

Celibate homosexuals aren't worthy of being referred to by their sexual preference any more than we should expect to read, why the church has heterosexual celibate Saints.
How many times have I been told in discussions of this topic type that if someone isn't sexually active then they're not really to be considered gay. They're just people, as are we all.
Interesting that the gay and transitioned community members without fail invest in double-speak about themselves. They will say they are not identified by whom they choose to sleep with, but yet they'll insist on being referred to as a gay male , or Lesbian. Same with Transitioned persons. They'll insist they're the gender they identify as and should be treated as that. Then they themselves will without fail self-identify using their altered state and refer to themselves using a hyphen. Trans-male. Trans-female.

Fallen minds can't think straight.
Which really makes me wonder about the public statements of Pope Francis of late.

this is an Oxymoron The church world does not need gay inactive saints they NEED the Lord Jesus Christ. The world does not need chrinos.
How one can elevate a sexual preference by placing the word “ saint “ after it? that is demonic . and a lie from the pit of Hell. NO! they need the word of God and truth.