Population Decline Worries

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Drank from an open creek did he? Garden hoses were usually an improvement in water drinking. The only phone was down the street? Shared a bedroom with parents or siblings? A bicycle was a luxury item otherwise he walked everywhere in town unaccompanied by an adult. He fished and hunted without direct supervision?
They did have a "party line" phone. One girl and three boys, so the girl got the spare bedroom and the three boys slept in the one large room that is the upstairs. No air conditioning, so dad has tales of lying at the head of the stairs and sticking his head over so he could breathe on a hot summer night. They had bikes aplenty though, and biked all over the place. Fishing and hunting were all alone or with his brothers.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Learn to read better.
Here are Gideon's words:

"I also think that deep down, people believe that the world has little time left to run. They may well be right. Who wants to bring a child into the world we have today? "

Perhaps you need to do so yourself before you suggest others do.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Here are Gideon's words:

"I also think that deep down, people believe that the world has little time left to run. They may well be right. Who wants to bring a child into the world we have today? "

Perhaps you need to do so yourself before you suggest others do.
Since this seems hard for you to understand I was adding to what he was stating by commenting on what some Christians believe, the ones that have drink the Kool-Aid, so it was more of an indirect comment of what came to my mind based on his post. Gee whiz!!!
The end.

Please put me on ignore, as I am am going to do same, I do not find I learn or benefit from anything you have to say.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
They did have a "party line" phone. One girl and three boys, so the girl got the spare bedroom and the three boys slept in the one large room that is the upstairs. No air conditioning, so dad has tales of lying at the head of the stairs and sticking his head over so he could breathe on a hot summer night. They had bikes aplenty though, and biked all over the place. Fishing and hunting were all alone or with his brothers.
After living in a tent, we seven lived in da house trailer with two beds! Now that is living............We graduated to a house by the time I was five, maybe four, not certain.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
After living in a tent, we seven lived in da house trailer with two beds! Now that is living............We graduated to a house by the time I was five, maybe four, not certain.
Did you all pile up in the beds, or did some of you use an air mattress?

I love me an air mattress. Been using one for almost three decades. It beats those robot beds with their "comfort settings." Just blow some air in or let a bit out and you got it just as firm as you want.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Mama and Daddy had dthe dining table that con verted into a bed, and the five of us had the built/in bed, but I slept on the floor usually............... it was that or get kicked out, lol....

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Since this seems hard for you to understand I was adding to what he was stating by commenting on what some Christians believe, the ones that have drink the Kool-Aid, so it was more of an indirect comment of what came to my mind based on his post. Gee whiz!!!
The end.

Please put me on ignore, as I am am going to do same, I do not find I learn or benefit from anything you have to say.
I get what you're saying. Unfortunately, it did not come across in your post. I would encourage you to include a comment clarifying that you are adding, as without it, you seem to be criticizing.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
I get what you're saying. Unfortunately, it did not come across in your post. I would encourage you to include a comment clarifying that you are adding, as without it, you seem to be criticizing.
Fair enough, it happens, I do the same on occasion, that is the problem all around with message boards where the conversation is more casual.
:)

Lukwiz

Oct 13, 2017
Traditional ecologists overwhelmingly did not believe our planet's carrying capacity would allow population to reach beyond replacement levels without detrimental effects. The developed world was thought bounded by how material resources were generated and subsequently used up. New ideas came with an eco-modernist movement which, accepting humans' past negative impact on the environment, also looked toward future solutions in clean or renewable energy.

Consumption and the circle of consumption. More people are welcome with the freedom and right to work, more efficient housing, etc. This shouldn't be left up to others to control. You can look at the statistics and see a demographic winter as a result of the sex liberalization. But you see that it is most problematic for those who accept the liberal ideals. Does that affect all of us in the way health problems do on a large scale level? Maybe this should only cause us temporal concern then.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
population is variable and movable...people can and do migrate to where they can raise their young and if conditions are favaourable, they will, if not, its much harder. Chrstians are not concerned with left or right politics...well they shouldnt be.
Salavtion of souls is a lot more important. When the egyptians tried to control the Hebrew population, God let them cross the red sea into the promised land and got them through the plagues.Then when they inherited the promised land, if they fell into idolatry, they got scattered and exiled.

Do we not learn anything through what Jesus taught us?

God knows we should not worry about what we shall eat or drink, those are worldy concerns. He provides for the sparrows, He cares for us. If we first seek His kingdom and his righteousness, everything will be added unto us.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
You can look at the statistics and see a demographic winter as a result of the sex liberalization. But you see that it is most problematic for those who accept the liberal ideals.
I think population decline/low birth rates affect everyone in developed countries regardless of what ideas people accept. We can say goodbye to any state/welfare programs for everyone if there are no revenues going in.