(Potentially) Profound Thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Here Hungry, this might help. Or it might confuse things more.

(Wait until they notice the faint reflections of Michael Jordan and Bugs Bunny in the e-mode.) :D

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
There is an actually profound thought that I have. If we as a society are so focused on ourselves, and yet we as Christians participate in things that focus on ourselves to, how do we stop that cycle? Or do we stop that cycle? Because I know God can use things like social media to reach people, even though so many people use on social media to focus on themselves.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Managerial Jujitsu:
When an organizations Leader is guilty of beuarocratic bullying/gross mismanagement of his people, resources, capabilities, capacities & mission; AND a Warrior for truth - on the inside - takes overt and covert actions to create conditions to expose the guilty culprit to ensure that he is held accountable for his mis-deads.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I thought that was managerial Aikido... using the opponent's own force against himself. :cool:

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
I thought that was managerial Aikido... using the opponent's own force against himself. :cool:
Ya, very similar concept...
In this particular case, jujitsu has a neat ring to it, and it infers the notion of submission...
And when combined with the managerial aspect suggests the mutually supportive applications of external forces to contribute to the submission... 😇😉

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
We come with nothing,
we go with nothing,
but one great thing we can achieve in our beautiful life
is a little remembrance in someone's mind
and a small place in someone's heart.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
first butt whipping I got was from a Midwife, the last butt whipping I got was from that Midwife............

bitmoji-20181215061153.png

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Conspiracy Theories rely on the view that the universe is governed by design, and embody three principles: nothing happens by accident, nothing is as it seems, and everything is connected.
Another common feature is that conspiracy theories evolve to incorporate whatever evidence exists against them, so that they become a closed system that is unfalsifiable, and therefore "a matter of faith rather than proof". (ref: wikipedia)

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Conspiracy Theories are distinctly different than Confabulations...
In psychiatry, confabulation (verb: confabulate) is a memory error defined as the production of fabricated, distorted, or misinterpreted memories about oneself or the world, without the conscious intention to deceive. People who confabulate present incorrect memories ranging from "subtle alterations to bizarre fabrications", and are generally very confident about their recollections, despite contradictory evidence. (ref: wikipedia)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Conspiracy theories are so popular because they are comforting. It is very reassuring to believe the people in charge actually have a plan.

The truth is much more frightening. The people in charge are flying by the seat of their pants just like the rest of us and they are generally just hoping they got it right but never are really sure.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
“You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story and hustle for your worthiness.”
Brene' Brown

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
"We are Authors of our lives;
we Write our own daring endings;
we Craft Love from Heartbreak;
Compassion from Shame;
Grace from Disappointment;
Courage from Failure.
Showing up is our Power.
Story is our way Home.
Truth is our Song.
We are the Brave and Broken Hearted;
We are Rising Strong."

Brene' Brown's 'Great Manifesto for Life'
ref: 'Rising Strong'

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The more comments I read posted here, the greater grows my assurance that my intellect is the ONLY ONE worthy of quo......

peanut.jpg

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
“Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain. What was once foolishness to us—a crucified God—must become our wisdom and our power and our only boast in this world.” –John Piper Screenshot_20181217-155640_Google.jpg