Prayer needed for daughter with Aquired Brain Injury

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Damamma

Nov 1, 2017
On 6th May this year, my daugter Charissa hit rock bottom and attempted to take her life. I found her and performed cpr, and she came back to us but she has hypoxic brain injury, and although she is still there cognitively, she is unable to communicate or control her body. She is 19, and I know that God has told me she will recover, so I am continuing to stand. I spend much of my time at her rehab centre, but as she is 1 of 10 children (2nd youngest) it is affecting family relationships. She needs the support, and her siblings are struggling as they can’t see her recovering. Please pray for her to come back, She will live and declare the word of the Lord! She often gets pain, and we cannot determine where it comes from, so communication is a priority. God has given her favour already, most people in the rehabilitation unit have taken more than a year to get there, but she was able to get in in less than 3 1/2 months! She was not expected to live more than 48hours, and she is still here! She is a favourite with the staff, many of whom are Christian! I tell her daily how brave and strong she is, and that God’s got this. I also tell her that she has to work hard to overcome this, and I am always pointing her back to Our Lord, where our hope comes from. I beleive she will be instumental in drawing her siblings back to God, and ministering in the area of suicide prevention.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I agree with you on your request of the Lord. There's nothing He can't do and He has done these things for others.

Father, you see this mothers faith. I ask for a speedy recovery in the name of Your Son Yeshua ha Meshchia. Lord life her brain injury in Your resurrection life, according to the same Spirit that brought You back from death.

I pray this over myself and my loved ones damama, and I see recovery on a daily basis. For resurrection life to affect us in our bodies. Even my dog. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have prayed for the recovery of your daughter and for God also to give you the strength, patience, rest and peace that you need to get through this ordeal that may last for years. Hopefully, you will find comfort, support and understanding from the members of this site. Glad to have you as part of our family. God Bless You. Welcome to CC.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

I just said a prayer for your daughter,for you and the rest of your family...

GOD bless ❤

Enow

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
On 6th May this year, my daugter Charissa hit rock bottom and attempted to take her life. I found her and performed cpr, and she came back to us but she has hypoxic brain injury, and although she is still there cognitively, she is unable to communicate or control her body. She is 19, and I know that God has told me she will recover, so I am continuing to stand. I spend much of my time at her rehab centre, but as she is 1 of 10 children (2nd youngest) it is affecting family relationships. She needs the support, and her siblings are struggling as they can’t see her recovering. Please pray for her to come back, She will live and declare the word of the Lord! She often gets pain, and we cannot determine where it comes from, so communication is a priority. God has given her favour already, most people in the rehabilitation unit have taken more than a year to get there, but she was able to get in in less than 3 1/2 months! She was not expected to live more than 48hours, and she is still here! She is a favourite with the staff, many of whom are Christian! I tell her daily how brave and strong she is, and that God’s got this. I also tell her that she has to work hard to overcome this, and I am always pointing her back to Our Lord, where our hope comes from. I beleive she will be instumental in drawing her siblings back to God, and ministering in the area of suicide prevention.
I hope she knows that in the times she feels like it is too hard, the Lord will lift her chin up to look to Him that He will overcome this for her and is doing so already as evident.

Said a prayer for you and your family as well as for your daughter. May God bless you and keep you. May He shine His face upon you and give you His peace.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord please heal Charissa and bless her life. Lord we agree with this prayer, please bless. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
With God all things are possible. Please tell your daughter that many are praying for her. When I was hospitalized just in time with hypoxia in August 2016, in order to save my life, they wanted to put me on a vent. I was ready to die and refused. God in all His wisdom let me know I could go home to be with Him if I could look my 19 year old and 3 year old in the eyes and say goodbye. I tried, but I could not...and of course He already knew this. Since then He has placed other health trials before me to teach me to fight for life and has given me new purpose to serve Him by helping others. Please tell your daughter I am personally praying that she trust in Him and that He will speak to her of the amazing purpose He will use her for! Amen!

H

heartofdavid

I agree with you on your request of the Lord. There's nothing He can't do and He has done these things for others.

Father, you see this mothers faith. I ask for a speedy recovery in the name of Your Son Yeshua ha Meshchia. Lord life her brain injury in Your resurrection life, according to the same Spirit that brought You back from death.

I pray this over myself and my loved ones damama, and I see recovery on a daily basis. For resurrection life to affect us in our bodies. Even my dog. :)
Wow.

I love you stones. What a powerful post.

Would you pray that for me and my dog???

Oct 19, 2016
I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter’s health condition. My heart ached as I read your post, and I wish I could give you a hug. I know how difficult it must be for you to see Charissa go through this. I just said a prayer for her, asking the Lord to touch her with His healing hands, surround her with His comfort, strength, and peace. He cares more deeply than we can imagine and is faithful to respond according to His perfect will. May He prove Himself her healer and sustainer in many tangible ways. I know it’s not easy, but stay strong. God be with you and your family.