Prayer Request

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mindy92

Sep 8, 2019
I’ve been a believer in Christ for a few years now. I’ve also built a relationship with God over the last few years. At this present moment, I feel I need him more than anytime before. I’ve been praying faithfully and trusting in the Lord that he will make my troubles go anyway. My current financial situation has brought me down and I’m slowly questioning everything. I’m in the constant stay of worry. It’s been difficult to keep my faith especially in the current situation I am. I’ve never felt as if God forsaken before until now. I know he is listening to my cries at night as well as my prayers. And I know I’m going about this the wrong way so I ask if someone could pray for me. I beat myself up this pass week because I know I have one more day to come up with rent and my financial situation has not changed. I pray that God continues to bless each and every single person in this chat!

Thank You
God Bless
Amen

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I’ve been a believer in Christ for a few years now. I’ve also built a relationship with God over the last few years. At this present moment, I feel I need him more than anytime before. I’ve been praying faithfully and trusting in the Lord that he will make my troubles go anyway. My current financial situation has brought me down and I’m slowly questioning everything. I’m in the constant stay of worry. It’s been difficult to keep my faith especially in the current situation I am. I’ve never felt as if God forsaken before until now. I know he is listening to my cries at night as well as my prayers. And I know I’m going about this the wrong way so I ask if someone could pray for me. I beat myself up this pass week because I know I have one more day to come up with rent and my financial situation has not changed. I pray that God continues to bless each and every single person in this chat!

Thank You
God Bless
Amen
God may or not make your troubles go away but may mitigate the circumstances that are the source of your troubles. Remember, what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. I read that somewhere. Not entirely sure if that saying is biblical but do believe that there is an element of truth to that saying. At times I get anxious too about finances. I do as you do and say a prayer for God to help me. I will certainly say a prayer for God to improve your financial situation and to help you find a way to pay the rent. Believe me, you're not alone with financial problems, there are many others here too that are struggling. Thank you for saying a prayer for blessings for the members. Glad to have you here as part of our family. Welcome to CC.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Hi and welcome. I am sorry that you are in a season of hardship. I will pray for you, hoping He opens doors for you and brings provision. I am so glad you are calling out to Him.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015

Thank You
God Bless
Amen
Hello mindy92,

I’ve been praying faithfully and trusting in the Lord that he will make my troubles go anyway.
"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in various trials so that the proven character of your faith—more precious than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

The Lord said that we (believers) would have trials and tribulation, which includes financial, health, persecution and even death, which is for the testing of our faith, therefore we need to recognize those things that God allows in our lives as the testing of our faith. When these trials come, we need to trust in God understanding that there is nothing in all creation that is hidden from Him and all things are laid bare before Him. In addition, all things are possible for Him, noting is impossible. Since the entire creation exists and is held together by Him and continues on its course by His word, then our problems are not too big for Him to handle. Remember also that Jesus sits at the Father's right hand making intersession for each believer.

I’ve never felt as if God forsaken before until now.
And He still has not forsaken you. We have to remember, that our salvation is not based on our prosperity. Consider the following the scripture:

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?"

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

The above is true for those who continue in faith. Therefore, when these trials come, whatever they may be, it does not mean that God has abandoned us or that we have lost our salvation, but it is for the trying our faith. Remember also that Jesus said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

I would also remind you of all of the hero's of faith, Abraham, Job, Gideon, Moses, Jacob and many, many more. Think about what Paul went through, receiving 39 lashes five time, beaten with rods, at times hungry and cold, spending a night and day in the open ocean. And what about Job? In one day all of his sons and daughters killed and all that he had gone. Then later, his health was taken away, all were trials to see if Job would curse God to His face, by the prompting of Satan.

And consider Gideon. With 300 men God defeated the Midianites and Amalekites whose numbers were settled in the valley as thick as locusts. When the 300 hundred trumpets blew and they broke their jars with torches inside and said “A sword for the Lord and for Gideon!", God caused all of the people in the valley to turn their swords on each other. And so, God delivered thousands and thousands into the hands of Gideon and his 300 men.

This is the same God that you and I and all true Christians belong to. I know that it is grievous to go through these trials, but they are necessary for the testing and strengthening of our faith.

I will keep you in prayer that God would be gracious and merciful, being the Lord your provider in answer to your financial situation and for strengthening of your faith. Just remember that no matter what happens, it does not mean that God has abandoned you and that you can still count on His promise of salvation and eternal life.

Blessings in Christ!

mindy92

Sep 8, 2019
Your kind words have brought tears to mu eyes. I’m struggling tonight to keep faith being that I know I won’t have a place to live tomorrow. I appreciate your prayers. Thank you!

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Your kind words have brought tears to mu eyes. I’m struggling tonight to keep faith being that I know I won’t have a place to live tomorrow. I appreciate your prayers. Thank you!
Though it may or may not bring hope and comfort to you, I will share with you what I have been going through for the last year.

About two years ago, I began to pray that God would make it possible for me to retire or provide another way of making a living. Last year I resigned from my computer operation job because I was not in agreement with the changes that the company had made to the IT department, changing our shifts and taking away our built in overtime and our days off, as well as piling on requirements that were not in my job description. I had about $7000 to live on and I prayed to God for new employment before I ran out of money and that if I had not secured a new job at that point, that I would sell my house and move to Lake Havasu to help my brother who was having to separate hip replacements.

I always had knack for photography and had the feeling that this may be in answer to my continuous prayer of two years ago that he would cause me to prosper and succeed in it. I then started a photography business and began to go on many photo shoots, such as car shows, the Havasu balloon festival, the London Bridge, Havasu Deuces car shows, etc., as well as astrophotography. I had business cards done and ads put in the local Shoppers Guide. I have be had many photos done on metal surfaces, as well as standard, have displayed them in art shops and at the street art fairs. In the mean time I have continued to pray while at the same time watching the equity from my house sale continue to diminish. Needless to say, I have been praying like I've never prayed before, because my Heavenly Father is the only one who is able to fulfill my urgent need. I continue to do the leg word and am trusting in Him for the miracle. But regardless of what happens, whether He blesses me beyond my expectations or I find myself without a place to live, I still have the promise of salvation and eternal life. My financial status, whether rich or poor, free or slave, does not change God's promise of eternal life. However, I continue to look for His intervention, His blessing! This is what trials/tribulation is supposed to be by putting us into situations where we are put in between a rock and hard place (as they say) to see if our faith is genuine. Below is the definition of the word, which I believe you will be able to relate to your own situation, as well as my own:

==============================================================
Strong's Concordance
thlipsis: tribulation
Original Word: θλῖψις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: thlipsis
Phonetic Spelling: (thlip'-sis)
Definition: tribulation
Usage: persecution, affliction, distress, tribulation.

HELPS Word-studies
thlípsis – properly, pressure (what constricts or rubs together), used of a narrow place that "hems someone in"; tribulation, especially internal pressure that causes someone to feel confined (restricted, "without options").
=========================================================

2347 /thlípsis ("compression, tribulation") carries the challenge of coping with the internal pressure of a tribulation, especially when feeling there is "no way of escape" ("hemmed in").

Hold on to your faith Mindy and continue to hope in Him, to trust in Him and that regardless of the outcome. After all, He is in the miracle business. When all is said and done, you have still been credited with righteousness and have been seated in heavenly places with Christ, meaning that there is a place reserved for you in heaven. But for now, our faith is being tested and we need to keep our faith regardless of the outcome. Regarding this, Jesus also said "Your heavenly Father knows the things you need before you ask Him," and that we are to be persistent in prayer.

Rachel2535

Jan 10, 2018
Please know I am also praying for you. Life can get very difficult but God will never leave us nor forsake us. Hold on to that truth. Thank you for reaching out. -Rachel

T

tasha66

My prayer for you:
'Heavenly Father, please help Mindy find alternative accommodation, such as sharing. Help her to open up to others such as friends and neighbours or her pastor, to network and find somewhere to live. Give her the strength and courage to go on. Amen.'
A women's shelter, the Salvation Army or other organisation may be able to help.
Mindy I have been worried about you but can't send you a personal message on here, unless I pay, & this site was advertised as being free.
Please put an update on this thread as to how you are.