Prayers for Blain's and the Calloway's financial situation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
So Blain's "adoptive" family the Calloways are still in very tight financial straights. As some of you may know, Blain moved there with his old teacher (Blain correct me if I mess anything up XDD) and her children. That makes 8 people in that household not including Mrs. Calloway herself.

Apparently their situation is to the point they may lose the house, and Blain contributes as much of his disability check as he can from what I've heard.

All we're asking for is prayer. Prayer for God to move in the Calloway's lives, prayer that they can be financially stable, but above all else that God would have his hand in all of their situation be it emotionally, mentally, or spiritually. From what I have heard this entire thing has been really hard on Mrs. Calloway, being the main breadwinner. Apparently they have been receiving some help from the church around them.

Please pray for them. They are Blain's family. So they are my family.

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Philippians 4:19

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
ty sweety and yes she is my old teacher and we have lots of people here and money is really bad like you said but like i always say it only takes a spark to make the fire burn

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Prayer has been said for God to bless the Calloway's financial situation which in turn will benefit Blain also.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Father God, we come before You grateful and glad that we can, acknowledging that it is only by the sacrifice of Your Son that we may ever humbled by such a great gift! You are all great; and all knowing; and You know our supplications even before we bring them. But bring them we do, asking Your great justice and mercy to bring an answer to them. Father, Blain and those who You have charged to family with him are in trouble. You tell us not to seek the riches of this world, yet in this world the lack of money puts our very survival at risk. You feed the birds of the field, even using them to feed Elijah. You give them shelter. But we can not pick the bugs from the field, or build straw homes. We need the provisions You have ordained for us. Blain and his family need them. In Jesus' Name may they be received. And in Jesus' Name I bind and silence any of the demonic who dare try to interfere. I cast them aside, and pray the Holy Spirit flood over Blain and his own to wash away the evil that afflicts them. I pray the Blood of Jesus over Blain and his anointing, to cleanse him and his flesh of the tangibles of satan, and pray the Spirit gift them all with wisdom and knowledge and miracles in their lives. Father, Your Son pulled a coin from a fish's mouth to provide for their needs, may Your Spirit provide the coin that will keep Blain and his family in their home with food on the table. Thank You, Lord, You are so gracious to hear our pleas and even more so to act in our behalf. And it is with thanksgiving that we know You will. Bless You lord, we love You Father, we love Blain, and pray in Jesus Name that all this love just blasts satan out of the way so that they may receive Your provision. Amen!

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Hi Stef and Blain,

I'm praying that you be encouraged. When everything looks so bleak there's always help around the corner. So go and take a peek around the corner through prayer. :)

God truly is our provider even when it seems like what we need is an impossible situation.

A true short story.
In my early years as a pastor, I served in small churches where finances were often tight. Sometimes our family finances felt the weight of that pressure. On one occasion, we were down to the last of our food and payday was still several days away. While my wife and I fretted about how we would feed our kids in the next few days, our doorbell rang. When we opened the door, we discovered two bags of groceries. We had not told anyone of our plight, yet our provider God had led someone to meet that need.

I love it when no one knows and God shows up and provides just what we need.

My husband and I had some lean times in life where we ate beans and potatoes for a short time until things got better.

There were times that we would receive checks in the mail not knowing we were due a reimbursement for something. It's amazing how God works. Keep praying and trusting and He will provide in ways you never could imagine.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
You all are so amazing. The money issue is scary and very hard and I don't need a lot to be happy and I have a great deal of trust in God so I am decently stable in this situation however Mrs.Callaway and everyone else here are not like that my main concern is how it will affect them i see mrs. callaway clearly worried and stressed but putting on a happy face and attitude trying to stay strong and it eats me alive inside that i can't help more with the money but as i always say it's when we hit rock bottom that we look up

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
You all are so amazing. The money issue is scary and very hard and I don't need a lot to be happy and I have a great deal of trust in God so I am decently stable in this situation however Mrs.Callaway and everyone else here are not like that my main concern is how it will affect them i see mrs. callaway clearly worried and stressed but putting on a happy face and attitude trying to stay strong and it eats me alive inside that i can't help more with the money but as i always say it's when we hit rock bottom that we look up
Hi Blain,

I had a similar experience with worry a year and a half ago. I'm sorry you're having to go through that with the family. It's hard when you don't know how you're going to pay the mortgage. :(

All I can say is that God stretches our faith through these times so that our faith and trust in Him increases. Times like these also bring lots of opportunities for building character and bearing even more fruit. I know that doesn't always bring comfort and sometimes may sound trite, but it's really amazing how God works in this type of situation.

There's no one who can go to work to bring in more help for Mrs. Calloway? I'll pray that God will bring her peace...the peace that
surpasses understanding that only comes from God.

Many times the food is easier to get than the cash for bills to be paid. Is there anyway to apply for help locally?

Maybe it's a time for fasting and praying. Hugs to you all!!! Praying now!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Hi Blain,

I had a similar experience with worry a year and a half ago. I'm sorry you're having to go through that with the family. It's hard when you don't know how you're going to pay the mortgage. :(

All I can say is that God stretches our faith through these times so that our faith and trust in Him increases. Times like these also bring lots of opportunities for building character and bearing even more fruit. I know that doesn't always bring comfort and sometimes may sound trite, but it's really amazing how God works in this type of situation.

There's no one who can go to work to bring in more help for Mrs. Calloway? I'll pray that God will bring her peace...the peace that
surpasses understanding that only comes from God.

Many times the food is easier to get than the cash for bills to be paid. Is there anyway to apply for help locally?

Maybe it's a time for fasting and praying. Hugs to you all!!! Praying now!
I agree it's often times in the hard days that God works through us the most, I have for a long time asked him to help this family because they are hurting inside and are kind of a broken family many of them also blame God for their troubles and stopped being christians, however he never said how he was going to help them did he? If i could i would work to bring in more money but my body can't handle it and my disability check helps but it is only 700 dollars and with this many people in the house that covers a week of groceries at most.

Daniel who is her stepson is super smart and could easily make good money if he wanted to but he is to lazy and won't do it no one else currently can work for money if i could i would

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
I'm sorry to hear you're disabled. :(

I was wondering more about another adult that might be able to help. You're so generous to help them with your disability check.

I was also wondering if anyone looked into food stamps or help for housing. Just trying to think of ways to get help that might not have been attempted yet.
Also, sorry to hear they've given up on God. :(

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord please bless, in Jesus name, Amen!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I'm sorry to hear you're disabled. :(

I was wondering more about another adult that might be able to help. You're so generous to help them with your disability check.

I was also wondering if anyone looked into food stamps or help for housing. Just trying to think of ways to get help that might not have been attempted yet.
Also, sorry to hear they've given up on God. :(

I don't consider it generous to help them with my check i don't see the point in having money if i can't help people with it but ty for your kind words. in all honesty food stamps is one of the major fundings for us because mrs. callaway is also disabled she gets 400 food stamps and also a check like me with only a very slightly more amount but because of how many people live here it really doesn't last long. normally money is not this bad at all but because of us trying to help pay for her two sons college fundings and because we missed the house bill we are set back pretty far.

But even so I know there will come a day when we won't have money problems in fact we will have more than enough, I am not sure how i know this i just do. Honestly I have more than once thanked God for this situation because in it I have clinged to him and had faith in him more than ever because it's all I know to do my only hope is that everyone else here will benefit from this storm as well

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
One of the major positives: situations like this make us cling more to God, like you said babe.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Umm, Rose, carefully re-read your post.. You have a wife AND a husband? :confused: LOL

Hi Stef and Blain,

I'm praying that you be encouraged. When everything looks so bleak there's always help around the corner. So go and take a peek around the corner through prayer. :)

God truly is our provider even when it seems like what we need is an impossible situation.

A true short story.
In my early years as a pastor, I served in small churches where finances were often tight. Sometimes our family finances felt the weight of that pressure. On one occasion, we were down to the last of our food and payday was still several days away. While my wife and I fretted about how we would feed our kids in the next few days, our doorbell rang. When we opened the door, we discovered two bags of groceries. We had not told anyone of our plight, yet our provider God had led someone to meet that need.

I love it when no one knows and God shows up and provides just what we need.

My husband and I had some lean times in life where we ate beans and potatoes for a short time until things got better.

There were times that we would receive checks in the mail not knowing we were due a reimbursement for something. It's amazing how God works. Keep praying and trusting and He will provide in ways you never could imagine.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Umm, Rose, carefully re-read your post.. You have a wife AND a husband? :confused: LOL

LOL!!! Nonononono!!!

The following is a story about someone else.

A true short story.

This is what I said about myself. :)

Sorry for the confusion. Hahahah!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

LOL!!! Nonononono!!!

The following is a story about someone else.

A true short story.

This is what I said about myself. :)

Sorry for the confusion. Hahahah!
Ah the hilarious misunderstandings that make great stories for a good laugh later on XD

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Amazing praise report already!!! Blain just told me one of his friends gave him a gift of $100!! Asked for prayer only and God is providing!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Amazing praise report already!!! Blain just told me one of his friends gave him a gift of $100!! Asked for prayer only and God is providing!
well my friend is going to give it it hasn't been given yet and i wanted to make a post giving praise to both my friend and to God for this amazingly generous deed but I wanted to ask permission first. Though i have to be honest i don't feel the best about this it's easy for me to give money but receiving it like this is hard for me lol

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
God gives back to those who give of themselves!

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Blain,
Have you talked with any of the churches in your area, to see if they can provide some help?

Is this an issue that is likely to repeat, month after month, or is it a one time kind of thing?