Predictions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Any predictions for the new year? Serious or frivolous, what do you believe or claim will happen in 2018?

I predict... I will make a lot of predictions to myself and most of them will be wrong.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I predict it will get warmer and less snowy outside (sometime in 2018).

D

dalconn

I predict an increase in sin :rolleyes:

Matt 24:12
and because lawlessness will increase so much, the love of many will grow cold.

Apr 15, 2017
I predict an increase in sin :rolleyes:

Matt 24:12
and because lawlessness will increase so much, the love of many will grow cold.
Sin is selfishness,and arrogance,and sin is a lack of love.The worse sin gets the more people do not like each other,because sin is selfishness,and arrogance,and a lack of love,but catering more to self.

The more they exalt themselves,the more they do not like each other,the more they exalt themselves,the more they do not like each other.

As long as there is nothing is society that people can grab unto to exalt themselves people can get along fairly good,but as soon as something is there that they can grab unto to exalt themselves they will start to not like each other as much.

Back years ago before technology people basically got along good,and had better morals,and values,and care for each other.

But when technology started booming,and businesses could branch out all across the nation,and the world,and it caused money to start flowing in America,people now had something to latch unto to exalt themselves,and be selfish,and arrogant,and the counterculture movement did not do any good,for it was a selfish movement,and rebellion,and seemed to cause separation instead of harmony.

And now with the new age movement interpretation of the Bible based on spiritual evolution through nature,they will start clinging to that for that is something greater they can grab unto to exalt themselves.

People do not get along when everybody is selfish,arrogant,and self exalting,and at the end time they will be that,for they have things to latch unto to exalt themselves on a bigger scale than any other time in history.

And also because they will not like each other as much,they will not trust each other as much,which will lead to marriages breaking up,and morals declining,and then they are involved in more sinful activity.

D

dalconn

Jeremiah 17:9

The
heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
A massive internet outage with as many cultural repercussions as 9/11.

D

Depleted

I predict the northern hemisphere will go from cold to warmer and warmer, and then back to cold again all in this year. And the southern hemisphere will go from hot to cold to hot again.

I predict the Philadelphia Eagles will not win the Super Bowl, but I'm really really hoping I'm wrong.

I predict the whiners will whine louder and the quiet ones will be quieter.

I predict the Democrats will win this year's election and then nothing happens in Washington again.

I predict there will be five natural disasters of epic proportions somewhere around the world. Earthquakes, typhoons, and hurricanes.

I predict terrorism will happen.

I predict California will have wildfires.

I predict Stan Lee will act in 11 movies this year.

I predict Not by Works will still be on Page 1 in BDF next January 1, because not everyone has said every last new thing they wanted to say even by the end of the year.

I predict that Catholic thread will return too.

I predict GOP will give more sermons on the Teen Forum.

I predict someone will predict "this thread won't last long" roughly once a month in Misc., and they will be wrong 90% of the time.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Back years ago before technology people basically got along good,and had better morals,and values,and care for each other.
You mean like Sodom, that was way before any modern technology.

Or ancient Rome where they thought watching people fight to the death or get devoured by lions was good and appropriate entertainment. And mistresses were common and acceptable because everyone knew you married for social position but had mistresses for fun.

Or maybe you're thinking the middle ages when people with different ideas were executed as heretics and they killed people for making the Bible available in the common language.

Or maybe you're thinking of the salem witch trials when people turned on their neighbors.

Or the days of early america where people owned other people and considered them sub human for the color of their skin, or our horrible treatment of the native american tribes whose culture and values we made no attempt to understand.

Or maybe just maybe, sin is a human condition and technology doesn't explicitly make it worse, but people are really good at twisting whatever is available to them to their own selfish ends. But people have always been sinful and I for one find it difficult to determine an accurate measuring stick to say whether things are really getting worse on a global scale or not.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, what cinder said.

Or as Solomon (another wise person) said, there ain't a thang that's new under the sun. Or he would have said it that way if he'd been from the South.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i predict i will get a new violin this year. maybe. one day. some day.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I predict that I will go grocery shopping sometime this week..

:)

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Eagles will go one and done

Giants will draft Saquon Batkley

Cavs will NOT reach the finals

Germany repeats in the World Cup

sorry guys, I just love sports

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
I predict every fun sensible thread will somehow end in some religious or political debate

Trumps approval rating will stay the same

Undertaker won't wrestle at Wrestlemania 34

Infinity Wars will rule

Black Panther will rule

People will continue to be offended by everything

Wall will not be built

My Medicaid won't be taken away

Less and less people will follow christianity

I will visit Hillsong NYC church.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Any predictions for the new year? Serious or frivolous, what do you believe or claim will happen in 2018?
I predict... I will make a lot of predictions to myself and most of them will be wrong.

Gazing into the coffee grounds of my mug I predict

War
war between NATO and Russia
war between Hezbollah and Israel in Syria
Jerusalem intifada with the Palestinians

The continued outpouring of the Holy Spirit and wonderful
Pentecostal revival throughout the Third World and Asia.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I predict that most predictions will be wrong, and most of those that aren't wrong will be right only in the vaguest and most convoluted of senses.

Oh... wait... that sounds like a horrorscope, or all horrorscopes... ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Gazing into the coffee grounds of my mug I predict

War
war between NATO and Russia
war between Hezbollah and Israel in Syria
Jerusalem intifada with the Palestinians

The continued outpouring of the Holy Spirit and wonderful
Pentecostal revival throughout the Third World and Asia.[/SIZE]
Coffee... grounds? In the mug?

I predict "Waggles" will discover he has been making coffee all wrong all these years, or he will discover he needs a new coffee maker.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Some really bad stuff will happen somewhere in the world...

and CNN will have someone there with a camera.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Let me ask magic 8 ball.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Let me ask magic 8 ball.
Oh yeah, about that... see, we were playing pool last night, and Steve had this neat trick shot he was going to show us, and...

Well hey, it was a magic 8 ball. The thing should have seen it coming, right?