Pregnancy and Worried

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
60 bucks in Vegas. Elvis will set you back a little though but maybe you hit one of the slots or win a couple games of Black Jack. That's the way my wife and I rolled. No Elvis. Funny thing about the marriage license. One of Las Vegas finest was helping us across the street to the county clerk office when someone almost ran the officer over. I didn't take it as a sign from God to call the whole thing off. Cop just gave the driver a warning. Maybe it was his lucky day.
I have wondered before, if I got blacked out drunk in Vegas, woke up with a wife, if I could make a happy life.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I don't know you sis, I'm not trying to sound judgemental... that'd be calling the kettle black...if you knew my last 47 years...but I do care about you because you're my sister in Christ.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I have wondered before, if I got blacked out drunk in Vegas, woke up with a wife, if I could make a happy life.
Tommy...ummm...now you know that's not gonna work! That's thinking with that 60%...lol

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Depends on how you define happy.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
True but not all men do that
Welcome to CC. I'm sorry you are in this situation. I pray the Lord will protect you and your baby.

You have asked for advice. People who are outside the emotions of the situation, who are your brothers and sisters in the Lord, only have your best interests at heart. I GUARANTEE your parents have your best interests at heart.

There is NO legitimate reason to wait til August to marry. I understand he may be afraid, but things will NOT get easier after the baby is born.

I know you don't think so, but you are VERY young. Listen to your Dad. HE for sure loves you. So your fiance can do the right thing and be a man, or you should rely on the support of your family and cut him loose, except for financial obligations he has for the next 18 yrs.

It's hard. Pray on it and LISTEN to the Lord's answer.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The odds in that type of situation would be against you. I would say that it would be 6/5 against that the marriage wouldn't survive the honeymoon. Perhaps that would be the best case scenario in regards to happiness verses marital bliss.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
This young man is going to need to demonstrate a much greater commitment to the Lord if there is to be any hope for this marriage no matter when it takes place. The Lord must be the center of the relationship between the husband the wife and the child. Otherwise this will be just another statistical proof of why marriages fail in the USA.

Marriage is a covenant relationship. To have an enduring covenant with another person one must first have a real covenant with the Lord and true knowledge of submission to His will.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

P

pckts

A shotgun wedding isn't going to discount the sin of premarital relations or pregnancy, only in your father's warped reality of public image.

I hope your father's threat to separate yourself from the father of your child if he won't produce a courthouse document is just an empty threat, because if he is serious that is idiotic. "All or nothing" does not apply to this situation whatsoever.

You and your fiancee are right to wait until you are financially secure for the marriage. Your father seems more concerned about "image" than he does about financial and the personal stability of your relationship. He's a real piece of work and you need to confront or ignore his immature and severely misguided demands.

Or just go to the courthouse and get the document and don't have the ceremony at all and make this issue go away, unless you REALLY want to have an expensive ceremony.

Feb 7, 2015
That guy is crafty... and slick. Either way it sure sounds like you have a horrible life ahead of you... if he is in it.

Trust me, no "man" thinks like that.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
That guy is crafty... and slick. Either way it sure sounds like you have a horrible life ahead of you... if he is in it.

Trust me, no "man" thinks like that.
That's not what she wants to hear.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Feb 7, 2015
That's not what she wants to hear.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
There are WAY too many people coming here "to hear what they want to hear", rather than some plain, cold facts. And, sadly, many of us don't care enough about them to do any more than spoon-feed them the slush they hoped they would hear.

Last edited:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This young man is going to need to demonstrate a much greater commitment to the Lord if there is to be any hope for this marriage no matter when it takes place. The Lord must be the center of the relationship between the husband the wife and the child. Otherwise this will be just another statistical proof of why marriages fail in the USA.

Marriage is a covenant relationship. To have an enduring covenant with another person one must first have a real covenant with the Lord and true knowledge of submission to His will.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
What more could he do to demonstrate a much greater commitment to the Lord? Money is being put aside, baby comes in March, marriage takes place in August. I see nothing that has been posted by the OP that cast doubt about commitment or that the Lord is not already in the center of their relationship. What's done is done and that can't be changed or undone. Seems to me that the young couple are taking the necessary steps in regards to their future married life together.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
There are WAY too many people coming here "to hear what they want to hear", rather than some plain, cold facts. And, sadly many of us don't care enough about them to do any more than feed them the slush they hoped they would hear.
Truth!

Jesus didn't come to the earth to tell people what they want to hear, and neither should we.

S

Susanna

Honey, he's gonna be a cheat and be runnin 'round like there was no tomorrow.

Knocked you up and having the marriage stalled?

Turn him loose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Saying that is not what she wants to hear does not equate to
saying anyone should tell her whatever it is she wants to hear.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
My maternal grandparents. Grandpa knocked up grandma when he was in the military and she was 17. God married at the courthouse the next day after finding out about the pregnancy. 7 kids later, they were married until death. Neither one of them were Christian.

Feb 7, 2015
Rational people should be seeing red flags all over the place if it has already taken six full months to merely make it to this point of fear and confusion.