Prophetic Ministry : Purpose & Use

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

88

Senior Member
Nov 14, 2016
3,517
77
48
Don't want to stir up "problems"----- think it' s valuable to discuss the prophetic----the good, bad, & ugly---- hopefully we will focus on the good ----- example of a good prophetic word---- 2008 May Chuck Pierce asked the Lord for a Word to help America get on track------ we have been teetering on being a " goat nation"--- turning away from Israel/dividing their land----God gave him a word "the church will have to learn to play the trump card"----the church played a major roll in electing Trump---- pro-Israel...ect.
 
Personally, I see no particular use for it. All it seems to be today is just some nice words of encouragement. I don't think we have any Biblical basis to invent new prophecies.
 
God's prophetic ministry isn't what people commonly have come to understand it to be.
Word's of Knowledge, dreams, visions, prophetic utterances, are alive and well.
Don't know why people focus on the wrong example of His gifts and ignore the right
example of His gifts.
 
God's prophetic ministry isn't what people commonly have come to understand it to be.
Word's of Knowledge, dreams, visions, prophetic utterances, are alive and well.
Don't know why people focus on the wrong example of His gifts and ignore the right
example of His gifts.
People focus on the wrong so much because the wrong is what is so common these days. True prophecy is vastly misunderstood and is rarely seen as prophetic. I have met some pretty arrogant (prophets) who are always speaking so greatly and so much abundance of their visions and dreams and when they speak the act as if their words are the words of God and if you see them as fake or disagree they become aggressive. I met this one prophetess who gave a prophecy and I knew it was wrong I called her on it on her youtube channel which had so many followers and people that adored her and then she quoted this verse to me Psalm 105:15 "Do not touch my anointed ones; do my prophets no harm."
and I was barraged by all her followers. This is the power false prophecy has and is proof of how little people understand what prophecy is
 
The gift of prophecy allows for mixing these gifts----- you can bring a prophecy---- a word of knowledge or wisdom can be mixed in..
 
Job 33-14 is valuable to me,"G-d speaks first one way, then another, though you don't perceive it".
He is doing it, we need to perceive it.
Andrew Wommack has a great series this week on how he learned to hear the voice of G-d.
I've seen so much argument here I was beginning to wonder if there were any who experienced G-d, as we are supposed to do,
or just argue about experiencing G-d!
Thank you brothers
 
Don't want to stir up "problems"----- think it' s valuable to discuss the prophetic----the good, bad, & ugly---- hopefully we will focus on the good ----- example of a good prophetic word---- 2008 May Chuck Pierce asked the Lord for a Word to help America get on track------ we have been teetering on being a " goat nation"--- turning away from Israel/dividing their land----God gave him a word "the church will have to learn to play the trump card"----the church played a major roll in electing Trump---- pro-Israel...ect.

chuck pierce?
oh purleese
 
Don't want to stir up "problems"----- think it' s valuable to discuss the prophetic----the good, bad, & ugly---- hopefully we will focus on the good ----- example of a good prophetic word---- 2008 May Chuck Pierce asked the Lord for a Word to help America get on track------ we have been teetering on being a " goat nation"--- turning away from Israel/dividing their land----God gave him a word "the church will have to learn to play the trump card"----the church played a major roll in electing Trump---- pro-Israel...ect.

helping Jewish people is good.

I'm not sure if the current State of Israel is the same as Israel of the ot. Wouldn't it need a son of David on the throne?
 
I had a prophetic experience today in a Bible Conference----I believe I saw God drive a huge two edge sword into the ground in Washington D.C.----the ripple effects went throughout the land----a move of God's Spirit resulting in Mercy----- salvation, healing, & restoration ...
 
At a Bible Conference? Meeting in His Name at such an event can draw Him near for such an experience.
Worship, praise, humility, contrition, submission to His will, etc.
Thank you
 
Don't want to stir up "problems"----- think it' s valuable to discuss the prophetic----the good, bad, & ugly---- hopefully we will focus on the good ----- example of a good prophetic word---- 2008 May Chuck Pierce asked the Lord for a Word to help America get on track------ we have been teetering on being a " goat nation"--- turning away from Israel/dividing their land----God gave him a word "the church will have to learn to play the trump card"----the church played a major roll in electing Trump---- pro-Israel...ect.

IMO all that is not on the front burner, what is, is a world with 7 billion people and growing squeezing the earth like a juicer, 13 million people in slavery around the world... others starving, dying, murdered and others who don't have access to just basic the needs we all take for granted..
 
True prophetic experiences do all of the above---it humbles you----not exalts you....
 
Holy Spirit keeps telling me "buckle your seat belts" for 2017...
 
Don't throw out the baby with the bath water----there are real things happening in prophetic ministry----got to find the real MCoy----if I was the devil---I would put so many weirdos and flakes out there----people would reject all prophetic ministry---God placed real prophets in the Church---along with Pastors, Teachers, Evangelists, and Apostles----we know how many flaky teachers are out there---we don't reject the ministry of teaching...
 
a lot of what passes for "prophecy" in the last 100 years is not much different than what passes for a daily horoscope in the newspaper.
 
I agree that a lot of what is called prophecy... isn't. I have seen lots of hype, sensationalism, cult of personality and other c**p being passed off as prophecy, and it disappoints me, because I firmly believe that the gifts are as much for today as for the early Church. I also think that this gift/ministry is maligned so much is because the real thing is powerful, and the enemy knows it, so he works hard to discredit it, often using the pride of man to do so.

I have personally witnessed and experienced operation of the gifts (not all... I haven't seen the dead raised... yet) including prophecy, in the right sense, so I know the real thing exists, and I have some experience to determine what isn't real. Any exaltation of the person giving the word indicates something is off-kilter. Agabus didn't exalt himself; he was recognized for the gifting from the Holy Spirit.

The biggest problem I see is that prophecies are not tested. The gibberish which PostHuman compares (fairly!) to horoscopes are far too generalized to be properly tested. Every year sees new "words" that the Lord is going to do something new, something great, and like the horoscopes, these things cannot be nailed down to be examined. The gifts are intended to work together, so elders, shepherds and deacons are to examine and consider prophetic contributions, and weigh them against the Word and against actual fulfillment.

The other problem I see, linked to the first, is that in every other gift, people are encouraged to grow in it. With prophecy, people try to apply Old Testament tests to New Testament gifts as an all-or-nothing. I think we need to encourage potential prophets to submit what they hear to testing, that they may be refined and edified in how they hear the Lord, and learn not to embellish or aggrandize what they do hear. Where the gift is real, it will be proven real, and will be accompanied by good fruit.
 
I would think the same thing about something said like that----but if you know the person---their lifestyle---their friends---their prophetic history---that can change your perspective----I have seen Chuck Pierce---his friends---Dutch Sheets----Cindy Jacobs----Nigol Bigpond (Indian Chief)----and many others----they are the real deal...
 
Is Satan sooo dumb he would mock his own works? Make an imitation of an imitation?

Where else in the world does Satan mock & make imitations of his own imitations?

I see none.

Isn't the Antichrist to come imitating the Christ with false signs & wonders?

If I were only a "logical" person, I would look & see who or what is being imitated in the church, & make a "logical" assessment.

Isn't it sad scripture says the children of the world is wiser than children of the light?

Luke 16:8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

Even common sense would rightfully predict that Satan wouldn't imitate himself. It would be a total waste of time.:rolleyes:
 
I would think the same thing about something said like that----but if you know the person---their lifestyle---their friends---their prophetic history---that can change your perspective----I have seen Chuck Pierce---his friends---Dutch Sheets----Cindy Jacobs----Nigol Bigpond (Indian Chief)----and many others----they are the real deal...

I will make no statement regarding the validity of these people and their gifting, though I would ask...

In general terms, to whom are big-name "prophets" accountable? Who calls them on failed prophetic words? Who challenges them to be specific so that their words may be tested? What I see in Scripture is a multiplicity of gifts in the local assembly. The bigger the "ministry", the more need for accountability. :)