Public Apology to Lynx

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Tbh, it looks creepy. Dem blue eyes look creepy lol.

The one I posted was passionate and direct šŸ‘šŸ½
The one you posted was emotionless and creepier looking than mine.. lol

U

Ugly

I was applauding Rose for apologising.

So?
The gif you used did set a tone that could be interpreted as sarcastic. Usually exaggerated clapping suggests more of a mocking tone.
But knowing what I do of you I know that's not your personality, which is why I offered what I was confident you were Actually intending.
So everyone is right about the tone the gif suggests, and since they don't know you well they were unsure if it was your intention or not.
Lots of miscommunication is all.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Man, the things I miss when I go to sleep for the night. LaVieEnRose apologizes, zeroturbulence insults me and the thread turns into a clapping gif contest.

LaVie I do have to say one thing in your favor is that you are sincere. For all that I have disagreed with you, even when you paint whole groups of people with your broad brush, I have never gotten the impression you were just throwing out arguments to antagonize. You actually fully believe everything you say.

And yes I will no doubt disagree with you in the future. But at least it's an honest disagreement. I'd rather have people honestly disagree with me than lying people telling me I'm right any day.

As for the spleen venting, don't worry about it. I work at a fast food factory, a stressful environment, and people vent their spleens all the time. I'm used to a little venting. Shoot, sometimes I vent a bit myself, but usually I vent to one friend and I know that person won't tell anybody.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
And zeroturbulence, you have no idea. No idea at all. You should work with me at my job for one day. When things get hectic I don't have the processor power to keep up with the job AND run a personality simulation, so my whole personality goes offline until things calm down a bit.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
The gif you used did set a tone that could be interpreted as sarcastic. Usually exaggerated clapping suggests more of a mocking tone.
But knowing what I do of you I know that's not your personality, which is why I offered what I was confident you were Actually intending.
So everyone is right about the tone the gif suggests, and since they don't know you well they were unsure if it was your intention or not.
Lots of miscommunication is all.
I agree with everything you said except for ā€œUsually exaggerated clapping suggests more of a mocking tone.ā€

Thatā€™s not entirely true because Iā€™ve used ā€œexaggerated clapping gifsā€ for serious posts before.

But this thread is not about me, itā€™s about Rose apologising to Issac.

L

LaVieEnRose

Man, the things I miss when I go to sleep for the night. LaVieEnRose apologizes, zeroturbulence insults me and the thread turns into a clapping gif contest.

LaVie I do have to say one thing in your favor is that you are sincere. For all that I have disagreed with you, even when you paint whole groups of people with your broad brush, I have never gotten the impression you were just throwing out arguments to antagonize. You actually fully believe everything you say.

And yes I will no doubt disagree with you in the future. But at least it's an honest disagreement. I'd rather have people honestly disagree with me than lying people telling me I'm right any day.

As for the spleen venting, don't worry about it. I work at a fast food factory, a stressful environment, and people vent their spleens all the time. I'm used to a little venting. Shoot, sometimes I vent a bit myself, but usually I vent to one friend and I know that person won't tell anybody.
Thanks for accepting my apology. I used you as a punching bag, and that was not right.

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
We haven't interacted a lot previously, but I just wanted to say that I admire your humility and your self-awareness. I have dealt with some difficult things in my life over the past few years and there have been a few occasions where I have had to express apologies to various individuals for things I said or did. But I would just say that as you admit your faults and wrongdoings, also know that you are forgiven by your heavenly Father (and Lynx has been gracious and forgiving as well it seems, which is admirable). But to other people, especially those who are disingenuous, don't feel like you need to answer to them. You have said your piece and that is enough. You don't have to beat yourself up.

L

LaVieEnRose

We haven't interacted a lot previously, but I just wanted to say that I admire your humility and your self-awareness. I have dealt with some difficult things in my life over the past few years and there have been a few occasions where I have had to express apologies to various individuals for things I said or did. But I would just say that as you admit your faults and wrongdoings, also know that you are forgiven by your heavenly Father (and Lynx has been gracious and forgiving as well it seems, which is admirable). But to other people, especially those who are disingenuous, don't feel like you need to answer to them. You have said your piece and that is enough. You don't have to beat yourself up.
Thanks, I donā€™t think I am humble. If I were, I wouldnā€™t be a raging witch in the first place.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Thanks, I donā€™t think I am humble. If I were, I wouldnā€™t be a raging witch in the first place.
Gala, just an observation here. :)

You ARE humble. The fact that you made a public apology to Lynx proves that. What you are NOT, however, is happy. You are not a happy person. And unhappy people rage and vent and lash out. I've done it, everyone here has done it more than once, both in real life and on here.

So I guess the question is, WHY are you so unhappy? And how can we help make you happy? Or at least, help you to see that you are not a horrible person at all.

God sees you as a beautiful, shining daughter of His. :) It is my fervent wish that YOU start seeing what HE sees in you..

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
I have heard it said that you can only pour out to others what you have contained inside. God loves you deeply and He doesn't view you that way. Being able to embrace that and love ourselves is key to being able to show others love. I can definitely be a curmudgeon at times, but I find that the times when I am most that way are when I am not doing a great job of positively thinking about myself. You are not a witch, you are a person with struggles like everyone else.

And don't feed the troll, aka Tommy. Not worth your time :)