Public Apology to Lynx

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Cotton candy grapes. We get those here, but the cotton tends to be a rather gray.

If the grapes actually taste like cotton candy, what does wine made from these grapes taste like... cream soda? And with what foods would one pair such a wine? Inquiring minds want to know these things. Oenophile Magazine headline: Best Wine with Doritos!

L

LaVieEnRose

Cotton candy grapes. We get those here, but the cotton tends to be a rather gray.

If the grapes actually taste like cotton candy, what does wine made from these grapes taste like... cream soda? And with what foods would one pair such a wine? Inquiring minds want to know these things. Oenophile Magazine headline: Best Wine with Doritos!
I have no idea. I haven’t tried them yet.

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
This whole storyline about sexual economics is only partially true, which is why it sounds so convincing. If you want to call any situation where two people make a mutual decision because it benefits them both an economic decision, then that's fine, but it's an oversimplification of reality, especially in the realm of biblical marriage. Women very rarely marry a man that they aren't attracted to, so it is a huge oversimplification to say that one person marries for looks while the other marries for money. There is more to attraction than any singular trait. On top of that, biblical marriage is not a contract, it is a covenant, so the marriage-as-an-economic-transaction idea falls short in that regard as well.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

If you are eating Doritos and drinking wine, you are doing something terribly wrong. Or you found a very cheap wine. Or you found a very expensive bag of collectors edition Doritos...

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
This whole storyline about sexual economics is only partially true, which is why it sounds so convincing. If you want to call any situation where two people make a mutual decision because it benefits them both an economic decision, then that's fine, but it's an oversimplification of reality, especially in the realm of biblical marriage. Women very rarely marry a man that they aren't attracted to, so it is a huge oversimplification to say that one person marries for looks while the other marries for money. There is more to attraction than any singular trait. On top of that, biblical marriage is not a contract, it is a covenant, so the marriage-as-an-economic-transaction idea falls short in that regard as well.
Have I mentioned yet that it's good to have you back and posting more often?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
If you are eating Doritos and drinking wine, you are doing something terribly wrong. Or you found a very cheap wine. Or you found a very expensive bag of collectors edition Doritos...
I was trying to find something that one would eat while drinking cream soda. I consume neither cream soda nor Doritos, since I consider both to be outside the category of "comestible". Perhaps cotton-candy wine with churros? Or hot dogs? Or mini-donuts? It's all fair game.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I was trying to find something that one would eat while drinking cream soda. I consume neither cream soda nor Doritos, since I consider both to be outside the category of "comestible". Perhaps cotton-candy wine with churros? Or hot dogs? Or mini-donuts? It's all fair game.
Churros would work. Hot dogs are... um... put politely, they are cream-of-chitlins in a tube. Mini-donuts might work, depending on the source.

Try a deep-fried twinkie and cotton-candy-wine.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Sometimes a person needs to adjust their behavior to avoid to get stuck in their pattern. Sometimes they have to distance themselves.

I think CC is not the same without Tinuviel. But then it wouldn't be the same without LaVieEnRose, either.

I think CC shouldn't be the source of your social life for a longer period of time. Periods of loneliness can be cured here. But we should all try to get a life in the real life. It is sad when people tell me they only have online friends.

We should all support eachother in making a life worth living in Christ. Not online. Tinuviel, I think, knew that. And I am happy for her.
Who needs frands? Frands suck CUZ THEY MAKE YOU GET ATTACHED THEN THEY LEAVE AND MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE CRAP. Seriously though i don't consider too many people my friend more like associates ya know? I have serious trust issues cuz life or whatevs so i can be friendly and stuff but i rarely let people get that close to me cuz it's easier to get hurt or hurt someone else even. Bible was right when it said that friends are rare ive thought I've had so many and pretty much everytime i got stabbed in the back, so yea I don't really wanna make friends cuz if I'm completely honest I don't trust anyone enough to give them opportunity. But my family in Christ is the exception ig, i tend to be more open with you weirdos and my church which kinda irritates me cuz like i said I don't trust anyone and rather not be vulnerable. But yea totally gonna miss her and i think you have a point i should think of it that way instead of being so lame cx. Probably the last time i say anything this revealing too i should probably sleep or something idk, DUDE I TOTALLY NEED SOME FOOD RIGHT NOW 😋

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
I think CC shouldn't be the source of your social life for a longer period of time. Periods of loneliness can be cured here. But we should all try to get a life in the real life. It is sad when people tell me they only have online friends.
Well then. :/

Aug 2, 2009
Oooh I love creme soda! I always forget about it until someone mentions it.. which happens only about every 15 years. :oops:

Aug 2, 2009
I used to have real life friends. Best friends even. Then I moved a few thousand miles away.... It might have been the worst decision I ever made..

T

toinena

This is my public apology.
I am sorry. CC is important for many of us as a social arena. And we sought this fellowship because we needed a social life and feeling of belonging.

That said. I hope this site encourages us all to get out of our comfort zones and start being social in IRL, too. I think virtual friendship has made me more confident and happy in real life to keep and nurture my IRL friendships and be social other places.

Aug 2, 2009
This is my public apology.
I am sorry. CC is important for many of us as a social arena. And we sought this fellowship because we needed a social life and feeling of belonging.

That said. I hope this site encourages us all to get out of our comfort zones and start being social in IRL, too. I think virtual friendship has made me more confident and happy in real life to keep and nurture my IRL friendships and be social other places.
No need to be sorry. I agree with what you originally said.