Q&A-Why do women do/think that?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Catlynn
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Ah, here's a good one. I have a close friend who was going to be away for my birthday, so she wouldn't be able to make it to my party (this was several years ago). She knew that, I knew that. So the party goes well (low-key but that's ok). I later received an angry sms from my friend about not getting an invite! But it never entered my mind that she would need one, if she wasn't going to be able to attend. What's the deal, girls? How am I meant to know to send an invite to my friend, even if when I know that they can't come? That little incident confused and angered me because I didn't understand what I did wrong. Care to enlighten me? Thanks.
 
Wanna share a Christian Mingle Ad so that I know what you're talking about? o_O
 
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf7QY-8hJoE[/video]

I'll keep my thoughts to myself for now BUT... I'm curious as to what other people think.
 
I have a list longer than my arm.

Why do women feel intent on having 'the perfect man', whenever they are generally much too un-confident to feel like they can keep him?

Because they are delusional, insecure and immature.

Why do women hate eating so much, but love food so much?

Who hates eating???? :eek:

Why do women desire a man who is 'manly', but get all feminist when he acts 'manly'?

I'm not a feminist, but I might stand up for myself if a guy thinks being "manly" means being a bully. Normally I would just walk away from him though.

Why do women find it impossible to believe that their man sees them as beautiful?

Some women end up with men who make comments about the way other women look in magazines/on tv/movies/porn/etc. This makes their woman feel that he is comparing her to them and she will feel insecure and doubt his sincerity. Respect your lady and don't do that. She will then be more likely to believe you, unless she has had experiences in the past that have caused her to feel less than confident about the way she looks.

Why do women who are the most crazy about 'equality', tend to expect to be treated in the most high fashion?

I think we will see this more with young christian woman than any other group because the media and educators preach feminism to them while books about the latest christian fads tell them to go scuba diving in the heart of Jesus and the perfect man will find them there. It's confusing to them.

Why do women perceive men as emotionally incompetent, whenever restraint of emotion is what we see as the most valuable emotional tool?

Because women go more by what we see than what men tell us. That whole "actions speak louder than words" thing. You can tell a woman you love her, but she won't believe it until the actions match up.

Why do women never pick what they want to do on a date, then tell their friends said date was something really 'lame' that they didn't want to do?

Most of the time is it because they are either afraid to appear to be too aggressive or they aren't sure about the expense range the man can afford. Give her some options and you'll be far more likely to receive an honest answer.

Why do women talk to their friends about their relationship issues, generally before they approach their man, by which stage their perception of the incident(s) are often irreversibly skewed beyond what they originally were?

I very rarely do this, but, when I do, it's because I really want to see if it is really a thing or whether I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I don't like bothering my man with imaginary offenses.

Why do women spend time developing the innate ability to capture a man's attention, yet become bored when he gives her too much attention?

Women want attention, but don't want to be suffocated. Desperation is as unattractive in men as it is in women. Balance is key.

There's probably more ...

Waiting.... :)
 
Ah, here's a good one. I have a close friend who was going to be away for my birthday, so she wouldn't be able to make it to my party (this was several years ago). She knew that, I knew that. So the party goes well (low-key but that's ok). I later received an angry sms from my friend about not getting an invite! But it never entered my mind that she would need one, if she wasn't going to be able to attend. What's the deal, girls? How am I meant to know to send an invite to my friend, even if when I know that they can't come? That little incident confused and angered me because I didn't understand what I did wrong. Care to enlighten me? Thanks.

I agree with zero. She thought she wasn't invited. Next time you might want to leave it open-ended and say that if her plans should change you would like for her to come. :)
 
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf7QY-8hJoE[/video]

I'll keep my thoughts to myself for now BUT... I'm curious as to what other people think.

I find the contrast between Christian Mingle ads, and Match.com ads interesting.

Match.com ads have somewhat younger, more attractive people meeting, and doing interesting social events at night. The Christian Mingle ad as a balding-ish older man dancing with a woman in a kitchen.

So I guess Christians want to kiss and dance in their kitchen?
 
Need a kissing and dancing partner for your kitchen?
Join Christian Mingle.
 
Not that I like that song to begin with, but to apply it to a Christian dating site is kinda funny to me. It's a terribly made video/ad and not very appealing. Like Stilly said, older people in a kitchen, dancing a kissing....yeah....sign ME up. -_-

Then again, I can't speak for every woman.
 
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf7QY-8hJoE[/video]

I'll keep my thoughts to myself for now BUT... I'm curious as to what other people think.

I can see how they're trying to sell something, and there are some people that will buy it. I think the photo/video montage of the real-life couples works well, but the blue hands need to go.
 
Not that I like that song to begin with, but to apply it to a Christian dating site is kinda funny to me. It's a terribly made video/ad and not very appealing. Like Stilly said, older people in a kitchen, dancing a kissing....yeah....sign ME up. -_-

Then again, I can't speak for every woman.

Agreed. Kind of embarrassed when the commercial comes on. They make such a bold statement- Find God's Match on Christian Mingle haha, like there must be a * for a disclaimer somewhere in that statement: '*Your match may or may not be God's match for you. We don't actually know what God thinks or has planned for you"lol

But saying that, I did sign up on there, and no luck.
 
Agreed. Kind of embarrassed when the commercial comes on. They make such a bold statement- Find God's Match on Christian Mingle haha, like there must be a * for a disclaimer somewhere in that statement: '*Your match may or may not be God's match for you. We don't actually know what God thinks or has planned for you"lol

But saying that, I did sign up on there, and no luck.

The very concept of a Dating Site sort of gets under my skin. Then Using Love song for a Savior to sell the idea of signing people up for "God's Will" drives me a little edgy.

Its like Monster dot com, saying find God's will for your Career!

Or Craigslist... Find God's will for your Next Apartment/Used Motorcycle!

Find God's Will for the Books in your life at Amazon! (Free 2 day shipping for Prime Members)
 
When girls asks questions like - How do I look? Or... do you think I look beautiful.. Do you want an honest answer?
Most girls, from my experience, do not. I can only remember asking a question like that one time. And yes, I wanted an honest answer. But it's kind of a trick question to begin with... it tends to suffocate honesty, since the guy feels put on the spot, and even if he does think she looks good, and says so, the girl might think he was just trying to be nice. Or she might think he wasn't effusive enough.

I actually had a moment yesterday when I could not understand why I had offended a girl... it was so strange. So weird... two completely different planets.
Telllllllllll us about it! Okay, you don't have to. But now I'm curious. :p
 
Why do women feel intent on having 'the perfect man', whenever they are generally much too un-confident to feel like they can keep him?
I've known plenty of men who do the same thing - they get a nice girl or a very pretty one and ruin the relationship with constant worrying and jealousy over nothing. As to why people do this - because most people realise that they don't deserve much.
Why do women hate eating so much, but love food so much?
We don't hate eating, we hate gaining weight and most people are too lazy to work off the pounds. I eat pretty much anything I want, it's not hard if you experience euphoria rather than disphoria from physical exertion; but I imagine if you don't the intersection of Gluttony, Sloth and Pride is a sharp corner.
Why do women desire a man who is 'manly', but get all feminist when he acts 'manly'?
A combination of normal desires and cultural malaise. They don't want what they're told they should want, and thus end up in cognitive dissonance all the time.
Why do women find it impossible to believe that their man sees them as beautiful?
I don't. Frankly, it's not that much to say. Most men I've met are very easily attracted to just about anyone, and their judgment is suspect on all attributes of feminine creatures. So, I believe a guy but I don't think it's really saying much. Of course the affection such statements convey can be important, but the literal truth of it is almost trivial.
Why do women who are the most crazy about 'equality', tend to expect to be treated in the most high fashion?
Because it's just crypto-sexism. The same goes with anti-caucasian 'anti-racism' racism. Very similar to the tendency of many New Age movements to call themselves 'Christian', when they are really vehemently anti-Christian.
 
I've known plenty of men who do the same thing - they get a nice girl or a very pretty one and ruin the relationship with constant worrying and jealousy over nothing. As to why people do this - because most people realise that they don't deserve much.

We don't hate eating, we hate gaining weight and most people are too lazy to work off the pounds. I eat pretty much anything I want, it's not hard if you experience euphoria rather than disphoria from physical exertion; but I imagine if you don't the intersection of Gluttony, Sloth and Pride is a sharp corner.

A combination of normal desires and cultural malaise. They don't want what they're told they should want, and thus end up in cognitive dissonance all the time.

I don't. Frankly, it's not that much to say. Most men I've met are very easily attracted to just about anyone, and their judgment is suspect on all attributes of feminine creatures. So, I believe a guy but I don't think it's really saying much. Of course the affection such statements convey can be important, but the literal truth of it is almost trivial.

Because it's just crypto-sexism. The same goes with anti-caucasian 'anti-racism' racism. Very similar to the tendency of many New Age movements to call themselves 'Christian', when they are really vehemently anti-Christian.

Wow, to say I am thoroughly impressed, would be an understatement. Nice Observations. I especially enjoyed, " They don't want what they're told they should want, and thus end up in cognitive dissonance all the time." The whole idea being that the very essence of making a choice for themselves is in and of itself an internal conflict.

I don't precisely agree with your observation that guys in general are easily attracted to just about anyone and their judgement is suspect about everything to do with women. If that were the case, it would make the choices women make to attract men practically irrelevant and the determining factor for male initiated relationships practically arbitrary.
 
I've known plenty of men who do the same thing - they get a nice girl or a very pretty one and ruin the relationship with constant worrying and jealousy over nothing. As to why people do this - because most people realise that they don't deserve much.

We don't hate eating, we hate gaining weight and most people are too lazy to work off the pounds. I eat pretty much anything I want, it's not hard if you experience euphoria rather than disphoria from physical exertion; but I imagine if you don't the intersection of Gluttony, Sloth and Pride is a sharp corner.

A combination of normal desires and cultural malaise. They don't want what they're told they should want, and thus end up in cognitive dissonance all the time.

I don't. Frankly, it's not that much to say. Most men I've met are very easily attracted to just about anyone, and their judgment is suspect on all attributes of feminine creatures. So, I believe a guy but I don't think it's really saying much. Of course the affection such statements convey can be important, but the literal truth of it is almost trivial.

Because it's just crypto-sexism. The same goes with anti-caucasian 'anti-racism' racism. Very similar to the tendency of many New Age movements to call themselves 'Christian', when they are really vehemently anti-Christian.

I like this very much too! Welcome to CC fellow Batgirl lover! :)
 
Liamson
I don't precisely agree with your observation that guys in general are easily attracted to just about anyone and their judgement is suspect about everything to do with women. If that were the case, it would make the choices women make to attract men practically irrelevant and the determining factor for male initiated relationships practically arbitrary.
Most men exhibit a sliding scale when it comes to what they think is physically attractive. The fact that so many disagreeable looking persons have children demonstrates this. This is not a slander on people who are not supermodels [I'm certainly not], but it just goes to show that high standards tend to come with opportunity. This is not to deny that men have tastes or things they prefer, just to say that their short-sighted physicalism tends to overwhelm any sort of refined aesthetic sense (not to mention common sense) when around girls.
Jullianna
I like this very much too! Welcome to CC fellow Batgirl lover!
Thanks!
 
As far as men's aestetic sense or physicality, I cannot speak for the entirety of my Gender but, I think that cultural expectations are as you have described. Rather than men choosing substance over style, they instead choose what is easily acquired over what is challenging.
 
As far as men's aestetic sense or physicality, I cannot speak for the entirety of my Gender but, I think that cultural expectations are as you have described. Rather than men choosing substance over style, they instead choose what is easily acquired over what is challenging.
Those dead in sin will never willingly pull themselves out of their grave. This is just a symptom of preferring the carnal over the good (not that physical things can't be good, but detached from God's purpose they are snares). Way off topic!
 
Last edited: