Q&A-Why do women do/think that?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Catlynn
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I'm pretty stylish, I think. How I dress depends on my mood, and if there's someone special that I'll be seeing during the day :o I definitely do the whole 'yoga pant' when I am lounging around though. In my opinion, all guys should have one expensive (or at least stylish) pair of jeans. This is weird I guess, but I find a guy more attractive in certain jeans. Hope thats not too shallow :o
 

Attachments

  • mens-designer-jeans.jpg
    mens-designer-jeans.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 55
I don't know if I am from another dimension, but I don't know what the heck is going through some of your minds. Who cares what someone thinks of your dress? I mean as long as you don't look like a streetwalker or a transient, is it really so important to have your carnal vanity supported that you're willing to engage in childish emotional warfare? I mean, I know this is supposedly common but it makes me queasy to think of people behaving so foolishly and then practically bragging about it.
A woman should treat her husband with respect and take him at his intent. Just because it's 'easy' and 'natural' to throw around your tears and neuroses like a baby doesn't mean it's right to do so.
This is what happens when the authority of the husband is compromised...most 'Christians' these days are indistinguishable from Feminist loons.

I don't know if your referring to women in general or wrote this to my response, but I hope you realize mine was a tongue in cheek type of comment.
 
I don't know if your referring to women in general or wrote this to my response, but I hope you realize mine was a tongue in cheek type of comment.
In general, but I have to say that when things are treated 'tongue in cheek' persistently they tend to become accepted facets of culture. The legalization of pornography was facilitated in no small measure by the knowing smiles of Christian men.
 
The knowing smiles of everyone, but mostly men, certainly not just Christians. Please, we all have our stumbling blocks and things that Jesus is working in us to be completed when he returns. Try not to be the Ivory Tower looking down upon everyone else.
 
The knowing smiles of everyone, but mostly men, certainly not just Christians. Please, we all have our stumbling blocks and things that Jesus is working in us to be completed when he returns. Try not to be the Ivory Tower looking down upon everyone else.

I'm certainly not trying to present myself as superior to them...I may well be worse, knowing what I do. I am just saying that the fact that the culture shrinks from confronting and punishing these things is a serious problem.

Also, I said 'Christian men' because no one should be surprised if unregenerate pagans worship carnal lust.
 
Thanks, good to know.
Yes, all men struggle with lust, Christians included. Some try to fight it on their own, others don't and others ask for the Holy Spirit's help to fight it.
 
Um, to RE-rail the thread....

This question isn't a question for women in general but rather women here in the forum. I dress for my lifestyle. I wear clothes and shoes that I know I can run in if I need to that I can work on people's stuff if I need to and that I can be comfortable in regardless of the change in temperature in the weather.

What is the main reason you ladies dress the way that you do?

I like pretty things. Dresses mostly.
 
Um, to RE-rail the thread....

This question isn't a question for women in general but rather women here in the forum. I dress for my lifestyle. I wear clothes and shoes that I know I can run in if I need to that I can work on people's stuff if I need to and that I can be comfortable in regardless of the change in temperature in the weather.

What is the main reason you ladies dress the way that you do?

What do you wear to support your reason?

I usually wear jeans and a shirt. Unless I have something other than cleaning my house to do. I have some dress up clothes, but they are still pretty casual. I am more concerned about my own comfort than others opinions. if I'm uncomfortable then I probably look uncomfortable.
 
I don't know if I am from another dimension, but I don't know what the heck is going through some of your minds. Who cares what someone thinks of your dress? I mean as long as you don't look like a streetwalker or a transient, is it really so important to have your carnal vanity supported that you're willing to engage in childish emotional warfare? I mean, I know this is supposedly common but it makes me queasy to think of people behaving so foolishly and then practically bragging about it.
A woman should treat her husband with respect and take him at his intent. Just because it's 'easy' and 'natural' to throw around your tears and neuroses like a baby doesn't mean it's right to do so.
This is what happens when the authority of the husband is compromised...most 'Christians' these days are indistinguishable from Feminist loons.

Pants for Christmas it is then.​
 
I don't know if I am from another dimension, but I don't know what the heck is going through some of your minds. Who cares what someone thinks of your dress? I mean as long as you don't look like a streetwalker or a transient, is it really so important to have your carnal vanity supported that you're willing to engage in childish emotional warfare? I mean, I know this is supposedly common but it makes me queasy to think of people behaving so foolishly and then practically bragging about it.
A woman should treat her husband with respect and take him at his intent. Just because it's 'easy' and 'natural' to throw around your tears and neuroses like a baby doesn't mean it's right to do so.
This is what happens when the authority of the husband is compromised...most 'Christians' these days are indistinguishable from Feminist loons.

I really like this but the original intention of the question was more about gauging a person's openness to new experiences.

I went Skiing with a Group of Young adults a while ago and one of the things that annoyed me the most was when a girl on our trip was incapable of being out of her outfit element. She was wearing a hair clip and wouldn't take it out to put on a warm stocking Cap. She couldn't adapt to the situation and just looked ridiculous because of it. She didn't want to wear the boots cause she walked funny in them. She practically had a melt down like 4 times.

So, I guess what grinds my gears is when people HAVE to wear Heels or Flats. They HAVE to wear a DRESS or a frilly shirt. And life is more dynamic and complicated than always being stuck in costume.
 
I really like this but the original intention of the question was more about gauging a person's openness to new experiences.

I went Skiing with a Group of Young adults a while ago and one of the things that annoyed me the most was when a girl on our trip was incapable of being out of her outfit element. She was wearing a hair clip and wouldn't take it out to put on a warm stocking Cap. She couldn't adapt to the situation and just looked ridiculous because of it. She didn't want to wear the boots cause she walked funny in them. She practically had a melt down like 4 times.

So, I guess what grinds my gears is when people HAVE to wear Heels or Flats. They HAVE to wear a DRESS or a frilly shirt. And life is more dynamic and complicated than always being stuck in costume.

They're just making an idol of cloth. It's sad. Most likely they do it just to cause the drama. Many women I meet at school don't have any real hobbies or work to do, so without drama and gossip they go catatonic.
 
I really like this but the original intention of the question was more about gauging a person's openness to new experiences.

I went Skiing with a Group of Young adults a while ago and one of the things that annoyed me the most was when a girl on our trip was incapable of being out of her outfit element. She was wearing a hair clip and wouldn't take it out to put on a warm stocking Cap. She couldn't adapt to the situation and just looked ridiculous because of it. She didn't want to wear the boots cause she walked funny in them. She practically had a melt down like 4 times.

So, I guess what grinds my gears is when people HAVE to wear Heels or Flats. They HAVE to wear a DRESS or a frilly shirt. And life is more dynamic and complicated than always being stuck in costume.

There's not much danger of you becoming a fashionista anytime soon is there, Doug? ;)
 
I really like this but the original intention of the question was more about gauging a person's openness to new experiences.

I went Skiing with a Group of Young adults a while ago and one of the things that annoyed me the most was when a girl on our trip was incapable of being out of her outfit element. She was wearing a hair clip and wouldn't take it out to put on a warm stocking Cap. She couldn't adapt to the situation and just looked ridiculous because of it. She didn't want to wear the boots cause she walked funny in them. She practically had a melt down like 4 times.

So, I guess what grinds my gears is when people HAVE to wear Heels or Flats. They HAVE to wear a DRESS or a frilly shirt. And life is more dynamic and complicated than always being stuck in costume.

Willfully choosing not to adapt, particularly in this case, is just silly. Like wearing a full palette of makeup on your face to the gym for working out.

I can't honestly say that I observe this behavior too frequently, other than the occasional odd combination (not sure about why anyone needs fur lined winter boots in florida)

I like to feel good about what I'm wearing, and I'm drawn to more feminine, pretty, things but not at the expense of my comfort, or to the point where it prohibits me from functioning...I can't speak for all or even most women, but I think a lot of ladies can identify with that.
 
There's not much danger of you becoming a fashionista anytime soon is there, Doug? ;)

Not even a little bit :D

vc.jpg


No one cares what they are wearing. But they are having fun and that is what is important to me.
 
This is a discussion that I encountered yesterday in the bible study room and was a bit disturbed by.

Why do so many women think that if a guy has a full beard, long hair, or a combination of the two that he has let himself go?
 
This is a discussion that I encountered yesterday in the bible study room and was a bit disturbed by.

Why do so many women think that if a guy has a full beard, long hair, or a combination of the two that he has let himself go?

I don't think men should ever have long hair. 1 Corinthians 11:14-15
Now a beard, well as long as he trims it. Whether a man keeps facial hair is a question of personal style and convenience. But I think that long hair is reserved for girls.
 
Well, I think you're all wrong because pseudoantidisestablishmentarianism hepaticocholangiocholecystentersotomies pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis asseocarnisanguineoviscericartilaginonervomedullary aequeosalinocalcalinosetaceoaluminosocupreovitriolic
aopadotenachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrinhipotrimmatosilphioparaomelitok Ornicopytheobiblopsychocrystarroscioaerogenethliometeoroaustrohieroanthropoi- cichthyopyrosiderochpnomyoalectryoophiobotanopegohydrorhabdocrithoaleuroalphi-tohalomolybdoclerobeloaxinocoscinodactyliogeolithopessopscphocatoptrotephraoeir-ochiroomychodactyloarithstichooxogeloscogastrogyrocerobletonooenoscapulinaniac, and acetylseryltyrosylserylisoleucylthreonylserylprolylserylglutaminylphenylalanylvalyl-phenylalnelleucylserylserylvalyotriptophylalanylaspartylprolylisoleucylglutamylleucyl-lencyllasparaginylvalylcysteinythreonylserylserylleucylglycllasparatinylglutaminylphe-nylalanylglutaminylthreonylglutaminylglutaninylalanylarginylthrseonylthreonylglutam-inylvalylglutaminyglutaninylphenylalanylserylghlutaminylvalyltryptophyllysylrolylphen-ylalaylprolyglutaminylserylthreonylvalylarginylphunylalanylprolylglycylaspartylvalylty-rosyllsvslvalyltyrosylargiyltyosvlasparaginylalanylvalylleusylaspartylprolylleucylisole-ucylthreonylalnylleucylleucylglycyltreonylphnylalanylaspartylthreonylarginlasparagin-ylarginylisoleucylislleucylglutammylvalylglutamylasparaginylglutaminylglutaminylsury-lprolylthreonylthreonylalanyoglutamylthreonylleucylaspartylalanylthreonylarginylargi-nylvalylaspartylaspartylalanylthreonylvalylalanylisoleucylarginylserylalanylasparagin-ylisoleucylasparaginylleucylvallasparaginylglutamylleucylvalylarginylglycylthreonylgl-ycylleucyltyrosylasparaginylglutaminylasparaginylthreonylphenylalanylglutamylseryl-methionylserylglycylleucylvalyltryptophylthreonylserylalanylprolylalanylserine;

but more to the point...
Methionylglutaminylarginytyrosylglutamylserylleucylphenylalanylalanylglutaminyll-eucyllysylglutamylarginyllysylglutamylglycylalanylphenylalanyvalylprolylphenylalanyl-valythreonylleucylglycylaspartylprolyglycylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylserylleucyllysyl-isoleucylaspartylthreonylleucylisoleucylglutamylalanylglycylalanylaspartylalanylleucy-lglutamylleucylglycylglycylisoleucylprolylphenylalanylserylaspartylprolylleucelalanyla-spartyglycylprolythreonylisoleucylglutamiylasparaginylalanylthreonylleucylarginylala-nylphenylalanylalanylglycylvalyltheonylprolylalanylglutaminylcysteinylphenylalanygll-utamylmethionylleucyalanylleucylisoleucylarginylglutaminyllysylhistidylprolylthreonyl-isoleucylpriIylisoleucylglycylleucylleucylmethionyltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalyp-henylalanylasparaginyllysylgyycylisoleucylaspartylglutamylphenylalanyltyrosylalanyl-gutaminyllcysteinylglutamyllysylvalylglycylavlylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalanylasp-artylvalyprolylvalylglutaminylglutamyllserylalanyprolyphenylalanylarginylglutaminylal-anylalanylleucylarginylhistidylasparaginylvaylalanylprolylisoleucylphenylalanylisoleu-cylcysteinylprolylprolylaspartylalanylaspartylaspartylaspartylleucylleucylarginyglutam-inylisoleucylalanyylseryltyrosylglycylarginylglycyltyrosylthreonyltyrosylleucylleucylser-ylarginylalanylglycylvalythreonylglycylalanylglutamylasparaginylarginylanylalanylleu-cylprolylleucylaspaaginylhistidylleucylvaylalanyllysylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasarag-inylglycylphenylalanylglycylisoleucylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysylalanylala-nylisoleucylaspartylalanylalanyglycylalanylalanyglycylalanylisoleucylserylglycyseryla-lanylisoleucylbalyllsylisoleucylisoleucylglutamyyylglutaminylhistidylasparaginylisole-ucylglutamylprolyglutamyllysylmethionylleucylalanylalanylleucyllysylvalylphenylalaby-lvalylglutaminlylprolylmethionyllysylalanylalanylthreonylarginylserine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for being a little late on answering this...... it took a great deal of thought...... wisdom......... understanding......... logic..............but I believe I have a proper response. I learned this from a woman. Yes, a woman. But not just any woman...... a Canadian woman........... so here goes.....












YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEVEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!​