QUESTION! (about Christmas and Easter)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I think perhaps there are some things you are not quite understanding. First of all you need to understand that everything that proceeds from the mouth of God is the law of God whether it is related to the old covenant or the new covenant.

I think you need to look at the word law.

Quote "The Hebrew word "Torah" is usually translated into the English word "Law". A hebraic definition of Torah is "a set of Instructions, from a father to his children, violation of these instructions are disciplined in order to foster obedience and train his children". "

The second thing you need to understand that when the law was fulfilled it was done away with and replaced. And even if that had not been accomplished the law was still ONLY for the nation of Israel, NEVER for anyone else. What was binding upon the nation of Israel before the cross is no longer binding.

Please give me the verse for this?
 
A person wiser than me showed me Matthew 18:15-17 ESV


“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

I think we should do this...


so should I, But your not showing anyone their sin.

No one here that I know of practices paganism (I do not think we have any catholics in here)
 
aww♥ I would totally want one but my mom would flipp out if I gave out my address online, she is one of those ppl who are extremely suspicious about anyone especially ppl online. when Powemm and I went to church together and she dropped me off at my house I got in huge trouble

Too late you already gave it to me and a card is the mail to you so you better check the mailbox first for the next several days....Or you are gonna get in trouble cause this Blond Mom has already sent a Birthday and Christmas card to you. I am speedy and on top of the card sending thing....ooooopppppssss......I didn't mean to get you in trouble.....so go check the mailbox in a day or so........
 
aww♥ I would totally want one but my mom would flipp out if I gave out my address online, she is one of those ppl who are extremely suspicious about anyone especially ppl online. when Powemm and I went to church together and she dropped me off at my house I got in huge trouble

and that, my love, is one of the hallmarks of a good mom. :)

i perceive she loves you. ♥
 
As far as understanding what constitutes the Law of God I recommend you study the 119th Psalm. For the rest would you be willing to study the book of Hebrews with me. You can see all of this unfold there.
I am down to the 84th verse, and I am loving this psalm, but I am not seeing anywhere that it says that we do not need to follow it?
 
I am down to the 84th verse, and I am loving this psalm, but I am not seeing anywhere that it says that we do not need to follow it?

This is a long Psalm. As you read through it notice every verse that mentions word, law, precept, commandment, or anything of this nature.
 
Matthew 24:13
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

ah, so you are a true legalist trying to earn you way to heaven, I thought so. (I can usually see you guys from a mile away, and yet again, I am vindicated as seeing correctly)

Matt 24 is speaking of those in tribulation, enduring until the return of Christ, thus having their physical lives saved, not eternal salvation.

Stop trying to earn your way to heaven, and recieve Gods grace, he will forgive you of all your sin.

Or keep trying to earn salvation by the law, and you will never get there.
 
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 5:18

The law is not void until we get to the new Earth :)

Your right.

The law condemns you, because you have failed to reach its righteous standard. and it will until the last person alive on earth,

So you better turn to God, call on his name, and beg for his mercy, and stop pounding your chest, and praising yourself how your not like the sinner who practices christmas and easter.
 
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 5:18

The law is not void until we get to the new Earth :)

Yes, that is correct. Since the Hebrew writer confirms that the Law was fulfilled and has been done away, how then do you suppose you should understand this passage?
 
ah, so you are a true legalist trying to earn you way to heaven, I thought so. (I can usually see you guys from a mile away, and yet again, I am vindicated as seeing correctly)

Matt 24 is speaking of those in tribulation, enduring until the return of Christ, thus having their physical lives saved, not eternal salvation.

Stop trying to earn your way to heaven, and recieve Gods grace, he will forgive you of all your sin.

Or keep trying to earn salvation by the law, and you will never get there.


11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.


12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.


13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.


14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.



What does verse 11 say?
 
Brother T_Laurich dear, when my children (now grown) were small, I never told them there was a real Santa Claus. They did visit him at the mall and sat on his lap to get their picture taken for their grandparents to have. They also visited the mall & had photos taken when the Power Rangers, Care Bears and Spiderman were there, too. They thought of Santa the same way - just a childhood character.

When my kids were younger we had a Christmas tree and used to decorate it with things to celebrate the Lord Jesus' birth. We acted and sang in Christmas plays celebrating the birth of Christ. It was a wonderful time with family and friends. We went Christmas caroling at nursing homes and took cookies to the residents there. We volunteered at the soup kitchen and my kids loved serving the guests. It blessed my heart to no end that my kids had such compassion and love for strangers! Treating them like royalty and making the poor & homeless people feel like family. There's nothing more beautiful than to see your own children bringing the light & love of God to the hurting! It brings joyful tears to my eyes even now when I think of how happy it made my kids to serve others with the love of Jesus.

Today I don't celebrate Christmas with a tree or decorations as my kids and grandkids are miles away. Nevertheless, in my heart it's a wonderful time of year when I realize the opportunity to show Christ's love & light at a time when the world would rather advertise commercialism and greed. Why concentrate on paganism and get yourself entangled with laws when Christ Jesus would have you free? Why make a big production about false gods and demonic activity when it is a perfectly good time to show the world WHY Christ came to this world?

I know you are trying to discern right from wrong regarding the holiday. But Jesus died to set us free from the law. Jesus is the Law Himself, fulfilled! He came so that we might have light & life. The Lord knows your heart, that you desire to serve Him and please Him & love Him. Why not ask the Lord Himself for wisdom in this matter? Why not ask Jesus to settle your heart once and for all about Christmas? Jesus is faithful to answer you.
 
If Jesus is your Lord every day of your life, I see no reason to not give some gifts on certain days and have fun.
 
Brother T_Laurich dear, when my children (now grown) were small, I never told them there was a real Santa Claus. They did visit him at the mall and sat on his lap to get their picture taken for their grandparents to have. They also visited the mall & had photos taken when the Power Rangers, Care Bears and Spiderman were there, too. They thought of Santa the same way - just a childhood character.

When my kids were younger we had a Christmas tree and used to decorate it with things to celebrate the Lord Jesus' birth. We acted and sang in Christmas plays celebrating the birth of Christ. It was a wonderful time with family and friends. We went Christmas caroling at nursing homes and took cookies to the residents there. We volunteered at the soup kitchen and my kids loved serving the guests. It blessed my heart to no end that my kids had such compassion and love for strangers! Treating them like royalty and making the poor & homeless people feel like family. There's nothing more beautiful than to see your own children bringing the light & love of God to the hurting! It brings joyful tears to my eyes even now when I think of how happy it made my kids to serve others with the love of Jesus.

Today I don't celebrate Christmas with a tree or decorations as my kids and grandkids are miles away. Nevertheless, in my heart it's a wonderful time of year when I realize the opportunity to show Christ's love & light at a time when the world would rather advertise commercialism and greed. Why concentrate on paganism and get yourself entangled with laws when Christ Jesus would have you free? Why make a big production about false gods and demonic activity when it is a perfectly good time to show the world WHY Christ came to this world?

I know you are trying to discern right from wrong regarding the holiday. But Jesus died to set us free from the law. Jesus is the Law Himself, fulfilled! He came so that we might have light & life. The Lord knows your heart, that you desire to serve Him and please Him & love Him. Why not ask the Lord Himself for wisdom in this matter? Why not ask Jesus to settle your heart once and for all about Christmas? Jesus is faithful to answer you.
Where do you see that the law is no longer needed? Can I have the verse...

It's a nice story, but what it means to you doesn't matter... To a 'radical' muslim, sharia law is the best thing on earth... Does that mean it's right in Gods eyes?