Question about Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SantoSubito

+
Have you thought seriously about what you have written here? You have stated that teaching the Bible is rather vague.
As a child, I was sent summers to Bible school on Sundays, and I was taught the very basic teaching that Jesus loves me.
Having changed homes over a dozen times while growing up, I would go to the Christian church nearest my current home, never realizing they were different denominations at first, later it did not matter.
My religion was always based on the teaching, Jesus loves me. That was and still is my religion.
Having received the Holy Spirit in the interim, I realize, I know, there are believers in all denominations, Jesus knows who they are. I have met believers in many denominations, even Catholic, people who know God is love, and they do whatever they are given to be able to please the love that is God. As for THE CHURCH, there is none today. The holy people have been scattered and we now await the coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ, with eager, loving, faithful and hopifilled anticipation. Blessed be all in Jesus Christ, and all who will come to Him, amen.
I understood perfectly well what I meant. The basics such as "Jesus Loves Us" everyone can agree upon, but what I was referring to is people who use the "they teach the Bible" standard as the be all end all to determine what is the Church, and thats just too vague. The JW's teach the Bible as they understand it and so do the Mormons, but most nobody considers them part of orthodox Christianity. With that mindset we end up with absolutely no unity whatsoever.

Pax Christi.

S

SantoSubito

What is Holy about the Catholic church?
Plenty, the Saints, the Liturgy, the Eucharist, the other Sacraments, etc.

They do everything Yahweh Almighty detests, yet you think it is holy? by mans standards it seems holy, but

Almighty Yahweh is the one who decided what is holy!!!
It is holy precisely because it upholds the truths of God. It is because of this very Church you despise that you even have a Bible to read. It was our monks who faithfully copied it for over a thousand years.

How you fail to realise how your church is against Almighty Yahweh..........
Nope, I have the same capacity to realize Truth as you do and I have recognized it in the Catholic Church.

You are part of a manipulation that infiltrated and misguided many upon many................
Or, and heres a wild thought, could it be that the reason the Catholic Church is so large is because people find the Truth attractive and gravitate to it?

I read the Bible and see the truth, you have been guided by men, and not Yahweh Almighty.
I've read the Bible plenty and I am guided by Deo omnipoténti.

Take off those pope glasses and read the Bible with your own heart and soul.
Perhaps you should take off the glasses of your own prejudice and read the Bible from a fresh start. Do you know how many people I know that used to be just like you and are now Catholic? (hint: it's a lot).

You know there was a time that i thought the Catholic church seemed to be holy, until i read the Bible front to back, and not as a reference.
Theres never been a time when I haven't saw the Church as holy and reading the Bible front to back did nothing to change that.

I tell you if you do not read the Bible before entering into these churches, we could easily be duped by them.
You live in Britain right? Your obviously not a member of the Church of England so your probably a member of an American style church that has been planted there or one started by a pastor from Northern Ireland. Which if I'm right would explain your views.

Rahz

Nov 6, 2011
I agree with that, and these same men are the one who proclaimed Jesus as head of the church (Col 1:18) by this excluding anyone else including themselves.

How does that exclude anyone? A King is head of his kingdom, proclaimed King of all his kingdom yet still appoints people to positions of responsibility such as--
A viceroy /ˈvaɪs.rɔɪ/ is a royal official who runs a country, colony, or city province (or state) in the name of and as representative of the monarch. The term derives from the Latin prefix vice-, meaning "in the place of" and the French word roi, meaning king.

Much like the Pope's role.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The Catholic Church includes all 73 books, not 72. The Catholic Church includes 7 books from the OT the non-Catholics exclude (They only have 66 books in their bibles).
fyi all: The original King James version of the Holy Scriptures contained the Apocrypha.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Plenty, the Saints, the Liturgy, the Eucharist, the other Sacraments, etc.

It is holy precisely because it upholds the truths of God. It is because of this very Church you despise that you even have a Bible to read. It was our monks who faithfully copied it for over a thousand years.

Nope, I have the same capacity to realize Truth as you do and I have recognized it in the Catholic Church.

Or, and heres a wild thought, could it be that the reason the Catholic Church is so large is because people find the Truth attractive and gravitate to it?

I've read the Bible plenty and I am guided by Deo omnipoténti.

Perhaps you should take off the glasses of your own prejudice and read the Bible from a fresh start. Do you know how many people I know that used to be just like you and are now Catholic? (hint: it's a lot).

Theres never been a time when I haven't saw the Church as holy and reading the Bible front to back did nothing to change that.

You live in Britain right? Your obviously not a member of the Church of England so your probably a member of an American style church that has been planted there or one started by a pastor from Northern Ireland. Which if I'm right would explain your views.
You are wrong................... I have no denomination, Yahweh Almighty is my God and Yeshua his son is my Messiah.

I will not bow or make an idol for myself, and I certainly will not look to the pope for spiritual guidance.
I have read the Bible with my own heart and soul, and no other man interpreted it for me. My guidance is from the Most High.

The Ten commandments are broken by the foundation of your church, yet you think it is most holy.
You change the Sabbath and think it is okay, you bow down to idols, that are not even what you think they are! your church is full of paganism, yet you have followed the men that say it is okay.

You are deluded by religion, and all you have to do is read the Bible and see the truth.

Oh my friend, why will you not listen? I only tell you these things because it is the truth, we are not trying to lead you away, we are telling you so that you may come out of the church.

The Bible gives warning time after time, yet you fail to see it.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I read the Bible and was lead to the Catholic Church. Reading it front to back really reinforces how Biblical the Catholic Church is. It's amazing!

Yes it is amazing how so many read the Bible and fail to see that Almighty Yahweh detests all the things that church does.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Yes it is amazing how so many read the Bible and fail to see that Almighty Yahweh detests all the things that church does.
No one is so blind as he who will not see. When my eyesight began to fail, my vision improved so much it was and is incredible.
Yes, it is amazing how many read the Word and get the Wizard of Oz, all attired in opulent robes, crowned in gold and gems, and living in a palace city all on the backs of the poor and the ignorant.

Blessed be all in Yeshua, and all who will come to Him, amen, I also call Him Jesus.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
As I understand from scriptures...
The church is the bride of Jesus Christ.
Those who are now alive in Jesus.
Consider this, scripture often compares marraige likened to Jesus and His church.
I have often loved the comparison, as eve was made from adams rib, thus given life.
We in Jesus Christ , were dead, but in Jesus recieved life by dying with Him, made alive through His blood, body, thus alive in Him and because of Him.
I love how the scriptures speak to us!
But to the point, the bride of Jesus Christ is the church, all by faith, who have died with Him and been made alive by His sacrifice, grace, in obedience and love, seek Him always as called to in word and the Holy Spirit.
For it is by faith, that we recieve God's gift of grace through Jesus, not by anything one does, so no man may take pride in it.
Thus we are His body, His bride, the church !
Seems that this scripture speaks to us being saved by grace in Jesus, thus His bride, His church, is not by anything we have done, but becuase this is God's gift to us by faith.
So claiming that the church, His bride is because of what any church or self has done, is taking pride in that which is God's gift to us in Jesus.
Or do I need correction on this? :)

in Jesus, God bless
pickles

Last edited:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
As I understand from scriptures...
The church is the bride of Jesus Christ.
Those who are now alive in Jesus.
Consider this, scripture often compares marraige likened to Jesus and His church.
I have often loved the comparison, as eve was made from adams rib, thus given life.
We in Jesus Christ , were dead, but in Jesus recieved life by dying with Him, made alive through His blood, body, thus alive in Him and because of Him.
I love how the scriptures speak to us!
But to the point, the bride of Jesus Christ is the church, all by faith, who have died with Him and been made alive by His sacrifice, grace, in obedience and love, seek Him always as called to in word and the Holy Spirit.
For it is by faith, that we recieve God's gift of grace through Jesus, not by anything one does, so no man may take pride in it.
Thus we are His body, His bride, the church !
Seems that this scripture speaks to us being saved by grace in Jesus, thus His bride, His church, is not by anything we have done, but becuase this is God's gift to us by faith.
So claiming that the church, His bride is because of what any church or self has done, is taking pride in that which is God's gift to us in Jesus.
Or do I need correction on this? :)

in Jesus, God bless
pickles

We bring nothing into the world nor do we take anythng out of it. We are the Bride of Jesus Christ, and it is a gift. everything is a gift. We can do nothing for God, nor does He owe anyone a thing. Surely He is returning soon, amen.

S

SantoSubito

No one is so blind as he who will not see. When my eyesight began to fail, my vision improved so much it was and is incredible.
Yes, it is amazing how many read the Word and get the Wizard of Oz, all attired in opulent robes, crowned in gold and gems, and living in a palace city all on the backs of the poor and the ignorant.

Blessed be all in Yeshua, and all who will come to Him, amen, I also call Him Jesus.
Here we are again. I don't know how the Vatican is considered a palace, most of it is taken up by St. Peter's, and most of the rest is administrative buildings and museums. The "Papal Palace" you speak of is also an administrative buildings and the Pope has only a few rooms set aside for his personal use, one of which is a chapel.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Here we are again. I don't know how the Vatican is considered a palace, most of it is taken up by St. Peter's, and most of the rest is administrative buildings and museums. The "Papal Palace" you speak of is also an administrative buildings and the Pope has only a few rooms set aside for his personal use, one of which is a chapel.
I am sorry if this is your take on my post, I am referring to those who have changed the way of Christ into a manner of personal profit.

S

SantoSubito

I am sorry if this is your take on my post, I am referring to those who have changed the way of Christ into a manner of personal profit.
Then why did you apply it to the Catholic Church? When we run more hospitals, orphanages, homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and bury the poor for free in our cemeteries (Catholic or not) than any other church or religious body on Earth? Not to mention the untold number of struggling families that rely on the aid provided by the St. Vincent de Paul society to pay their bills each month.