Question about Jesus' death

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012
Did Jesus die on the cross after saying "It is finished"?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
John 19: KJV
30 "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

So according to scripture He bowed His head before He died..

So strictly speaking He bowed His head and then died..

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
LeeLoving,
You have asked a series of very basic questions, all of which have answers easily found in the Bible, and which any pastor should be able to answer easily.

That leads me to believe there is a purpose behind the questions, beyond just getting the answers from this forum. What is your agenda?

Mar 28, 2016
Did Jesus die on the cross after saying "It is finished"?
God cannot die. He gave up the ghost as one work of one faith, the faith of God... accredited to him and the father working together in prefect harmony to one another.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It may be of some help for some to think on this; Jesus Christ is the Resurrection, the Firsborn of the Dead. Yes, He died, once and for al of us who believe Him, but deat was defeatec by Him. Death could not hold Him..... All ho believe Him and are in His Spirit will be either raised up on that dlorious Day or taken up...………..

Sep 24, 2012
LeeLoving,
You have asked a series of very basic questions, all of which have answers easily found in the Bible, and which any pastor should be able to answer easily.

That leads me to believe there is a purpose behind the questions, beyond just getting the answers from this forum. What is your agenda?
I think I'm just looking for answers (unless I'm mistaken about a specific question or questions). I might be kind of slow... don't get why my questions should cause a hitch in anyone's getup though (although maybe I kind of get where you're coming from).

Sep 24, 2012
I think I'm just looking for answers (unless I'm mistaken about a specific question or questions). I might be kind of slow... don't get why my questions should cause a hitch in anyone's getup though (although maybe I kind of get where you're coming from).
Although I guess I can see people getting frustrated with them though.

Adelia

Apr 18, 2018
Jesus flesh died after He commended His Spirit to the Father

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Thanks. I don't mind the questions, but we do get trolls here more often than we like. If you're on the level, then all is well. I will encourage you to read the Bible regularly though, and you might find the site BibleGateway.org helpful. You can search any key word or combination in any of about 40 English translations.

May the Lord bless you as you seek answers.

Garydavid

Mar 10, 2019
Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross for us?