Question for OSAS people. (from a believer who believes that God does indeed preserve us)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 27, 2018
Does OSAS mean that we can sin all we want and even stop believing in Jesus and still be saved? Because I ran into some who support and or defend this view

Dec 9, 2011
Does OSAS mean that we can sin all we want and even stop believing in Jesus and still be saved? Because I ran into some who support and or defend this view
NO the understanding that many have concerning OSAS
Is that a person that Is once saved they will always be saved because GOD gave those that believe HIS WORD salvation making their spirits perfect and sealing their spirits.When something Is sealed by GOD nothing can unseal It but then some believe that the person can unseal their PERFECT spirits.

IMO, Its not that a person will do all this sin and still be saved once they get saved because the Bible says that all who have this hope ,the hope of Eternal Life with the LORD they will SEEK to perfect their flesh to match their spirits

and that’s why we say If that person Is doing all this sin then I would question If they were ever saved In the first place.

Dec 27, 2018
NO the understanding that many have concerning OSAS Is that a person that Is once saved they will always be saved because GOD gave those that believe HIS WORD salvation making their spirits perfect and sealing their spirits.When something Is sealed by GOD nothing can unseal It but then some believe that the person can unseal their PERFECT spirits.

IMO, Its not that a person will do all this sin and still be saved once they get saved because the Bible says that all who have this hope ,the hope of Eternal Life with the LORD they will SEEK to perfect their flesh to match their spirits

and that’s why we say If that person Is doing all this sin then I would question If they were ever saved In the first place.
Very good, and I agree!:)

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The supposition that one can cease to believe in Christ would require a false belief and understanding of Christ Himself. If one understands that salvation is a change from dead in sin to alive in Christ one begins to perceive the unchangeable nature of salvation. As the caterpillar changes when it becomes a butterfly it can no longer return to its prior estate.

Did God save you or are you the product of mans evangelism? Were you manufactured to add to the numbers of an evangelist or were you genuinely under conviction of sin, righteousness and judgment brought by the Holy Spirit through the preaching of Gods word? Do you have the John 16:8-11 experience?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dec 27, 2018
The supposition that one can cease to believe in Christ would require a false belief and understanding of Christ Himself. If one understands that salvation is a change from dead in sin to alive in Christ one begins to perceive the unchangeable nature of salvation. As the caterpillar changes when it becomes a butterfly it can no longer return to its prior estate.

Did God save you or are you the product of mans evangelism? Were you manufactured to add to the numbers of an evangelist or were you genuinely under conviction of sin, righteousness and judgment brought by the Holy Spirit through the preaching of Gods word? Do you have the John 16:8-11 experience?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I agree. I am asking this because of things that were said in another forum.

God saved me.

I was genuinely convicted.
-
Yes I experienced what is described in John 16:8-11

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
1 John 2:19, and 1 John 2:23

H

Hevosmies358

Thats that fake antinomian gospel.

Dec 27, 2018
:ROFL: I just had someone tell me on another thread that the doctrine of "perserverance of the saints" is "helping Jesus save us". Have you ever heard anything so ludicrous?
What about the statement that we sin all we want in the flesh, and that the verses about "sinneth not" in 1 John 3 is talking about the New Nature being sinless, instead of the usual interpretation that the one who is born of God does not practice, persist, continue in sin, (which is in agreement with Romans 6:1?)

notuptome

May 17, 2013
What about the statement that we sin all we want in the flesh, and that the verses about "sinneth not" in 1 John 3 is talking about the New Nature being sinless, instead of the usual interpretation that the one who is born of God does not practice, persist, continue in sin, (which is in agreement with Romans 6:1?)
Butterflies do not eat the same food they ate as caterpillars. Perhaps you are listening to pretenders and not possessors. Tares look like wheat but are not wheat.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

S

SpoonJuly

Butterflies do not eat the same food they ate as caterpillars. Perhaps you are listening to pretenders and not possessors. Tares look like wheat but are not wheat.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Outstanding!!!!
That is the best analogy I have ever heard.
Thanks

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Those who have been born again and received salvation would have no desire to sin all that they want or stop believing in Jesus. Those that have been born again live the rest of their lives in the repentance process comforted and guided by the Holy Spirit. They may still occasionally sin but the Holy Spirit would convict them of that. If they are sinning all that they want then they were obviously not born again and as of yet no salvation either.

Jan 12, 2019
Let's use Romans 5:12-19 to help you to understand.

If a non-believer does good all he wants and even stop believing in Satan, is he still destined for hell?

Dec 27, 2018
Let's use Romans 5:12-19 to help you to understand.
iF I'm not mistaken, Romans 5 is talking about federal headship, ie in Adam we died, in Christ we are made alive.

If a non-believer does good all he wants
He will still be dead, apart from faith.

and even stop believing in Satan,
The issue is not whether you believe in satan or not. The issue is "what do you do with Jesus"

is he still destined for hell?
Without Jesus, yes.

Dec 27, 2018
Here is my latest reply to the people who defend the statement quoted in the OP...

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. 15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
Those who have truly received GRACE have

a. Been taught to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts.

b. Been taught to live soberly, righteousnly in this present world. (or age)

c. Looking for the blessed hope and appearing of our Great God and Saviour.

d. Have been redeemed from all iniquity.

e. Have been redeemed by Christ, with the intent to be a purified, peculiar people, zealous of good works.

f. And we are to teach these thing with all authority, and not allow ourselves to be despised.

Dec 27, 2018
I agree. I am asking this because of things that were said in another forum.

God saved me.

I was genuinely convicted.
-
Yes I experienced what is described in John 16:8-11
By the way, these in red are answers to your questions, not the things that were said in the other forum. I noticed that it looked like I was quoting the things in the other thread. :LOL:

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
The case against the false doctrine of OSAS

4 For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their
own harm and holding him up to contempt.
Hebrews 6:
26 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses.
29 How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace?
38 but my righteous ones shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.”
39 But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.
Hebrews 10:

K

KnowMe

If we sin once in awhile isn’t that putting the old man back into play once in awhile, Luke warm.