Question of the day

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Is it right for two christians in a relationship to go as far as kissing?
To get specific, lightweight kissing imo would be ok, if you both are in control of yourselves. Keep it a friendly kiss and stop there. Is that possible, that's the question, lol.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
No idea. I have soooooo many questions before I could even start to give a concrete answer.

(And frankly any answer I could give wouldn't be worth the effort of you giving details to get my answer. Sorry, but anything I could say just wouldn't be that important.)

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
If a man and a woman who both love Christ are together, they would also both be vigilant about what can lead to temptations.

One man and woman may not be able to be alone together because if they are honest, one or both of them would not be strong enough to say "no" to the other if the other was weak and wanting to give in to what their flesh may desire.

So because they love Jesus they avoid that sort of situation if they are vigilant.

Another man and woman may be just fine being alone and playing games or having long discussions.

Though if they were to be more intimate and maybe try to lay together to watch something or maybe kiss, one or both of them may be tempted. If you or the other would be tempted to go too far it really is selfish to put them (or yourself) in that spot and, then it becomes a bad thing. (don't allow yourself to go too far in thought, word or deed if you want to avoid temptations)

Also if neither of you are able to say no or neither of you are aware of your personal limits and boundries, pray about it.

Be honest with yourself and the other. Take it to God, and don't play with fire. Better safe than sorry and it will all be that much more precious in marriage.

T

TheIndianGirl

I think it is fine as long as no genitalia is involved. I am not sure I consider kissing sexual.

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
Well kissing is one step along a path.

Some will have sexual thoughts even before kissing.

So take care and watch your thoughts. look for any obvious reactions from the person you kissing.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The act of kissing (by itself, outside of marriage) is not inherently sinful. That's the simple answer.

However, as others have made clear, the issue is not simple.

MarthaO

May 7, 2022
United Kingdom
No idea. I have soooooo many questions before I could even start to give a concrete answer.

(And frankly any answer I could give wouldn't be worth the effort of you giving details to get my answer. Sorry, but anything I could say just wouldn't be that important.)
I'm so sorry but I lost you at frankly.... Please, what's your point exactly?

MarthaO

May 7, 2022
United Kingdom
To get specific, lightweight kissing imo would be ok, if you both are in control of yourselves. Keep it a friendly kiss and stop there. Is that possible, that's the question, lol.
Hmm, interesting... Well to answer your question, I think it's possible. God has given us the spirit of self control so it's possible to have a "friendly kiss" without committing sin.

MarthaO

May 7, 2022
United Kingdom
If a man and a woman who both love Christ are together, they would also both be vigilant about what can lead to temptations.

One man and woman may not be able to be alone together because if they are honest, one or both of them would not be strong enough to say "no" to the other if the other was weak and wanting to give in to what their flesh may desire.

So because they love Jesus they avoid that sort of situation if they are vigilant.

Another man and woman may be just fine being alone and playing games or having long discussions.

Though if they were to be more intimate and maybe try to lay together to watch something or maybe kiss, one or both of them may be tempted. If you or the other would be tempted to go too far it really is selfish to put them (or yourself) in that spot and, then it becomes a bad thing. (don't allow yourself to go too far in thought, word or deed if you want to avoid temptations)

Also if neither of you are able to say no or neither of you are aware of your personal limits and boundries, pray about it.

Be honest with yourself and the other. Take it to God, and don't play with fire. Better safe than sorry and it will all be that much more precious in marriage.
Good points you made, totally agree

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
There are a host of things that are relevant to the situation. It's never as flat as the question you are posting.

I know a guy who was labeling his son as a man whore because he wanted a girlfriend at the ripe old age of 16. I had to explain to him that he was bringing his cultural past into America where things are very different. It is a common thing for boys and girls at that age to have truly innocent relationships. He wasn't going to have sex in their living room while the whole family was there watching him and her. But to definitely keep the two out of the bedrooms at the same time.

He was floored...but he got it too. He wasn't living in Egypt...America is a very different country with very different cultural norms.

So...
If you can explain these things about you, your family, and this guy you are wanting to kiss....it will help.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Yeah, this never worked for me LOL

But, should I ever find myself in that place again, perhaps it should.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I think it is fine as long as no genitalia is involved. I am not sure I consider kissing sexual.
Ya know, I think it is, but on a light level. Dating is sexual in the sense that it's motivated by attraction and the possibility that that person could one day be your mate.

I know that I can make out with someone (intimate kissing) and not necessarily start craving sex. Just having that attention is nice.

So... "sexual", as I use the word, and IMO, is not necessarily sinful outside of marriage -- unless of course you're already married and this is with an outside party.

Of course I could be wrong. And, in my condition -- a 57yo with a still-noticeable libido -- would need to still be careful should that opportunity ever arise again.

Amanuensis

Jun 12, 2021
The first full lip kissing should be when the Preacher says, You may now kiss the bride.

That is my plan if I ever get married again.

You won't fall into sin and it is more romantic.

The kind of woman I would be interested in, is the one that likes that idea.

Now I suppose a short peck on the lips is not that big of a deal.

I am talking about that full face smashing, tongue tangling stuff that people do and like to emulate from the movies. Any woman who wants to "french kiss" as they used to call it, before the wedding is not the woman for me.

I am not saying she has to be innocent of ever having done that before, but that today she is living for Jesus and wants to do things differently is all I am saying.

That woman who likes the idea of the first kiss being at the altar is my kind of "no compromise" woman that will most likely be "no compromise" in every other area of life and that is the best person to live life with everyday.

Someone who loves holiness and hates sin and compromise is the one you want to hang around, whether friend or marriage.

Sucking tongues is a sin if your not married. Can I get an Amen?

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Under my supervision sure why not.... If things go any farther than that i got a spray bottle with ice cold water in it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
no a holy kiss is nothing
they should go further, grab another believer and get baptised full immersion by jumping into the river

after all when two or three are gathered in Jesus name.. ..

He is there

MarthaO

May 7, 2022
United Kingdom
There are a host of things that are relevant to the situation. It's never as flat as the question you are posting.

I know a guy who was labeling his son as a man whore because he wanted a girlfriend at the ripe old age of 16. I had to explain to him that he was bringing his cultural past into America where things are very different. It is a common thing for boys and girls at that age to have truly innocent relationships. He wasn't going to have sex in their living room while the whole family was there watching him and her. But to definitely keep the two out of the bedrooms at the same time.

He was floored...but he got it too. He wasn't living in Egypt...America is a very different country with very different cultural norms.

So...
If you can explain these things about you, your family, and this guy you are wanting to kiss....it will help.
Your last sensence wasn't needed Sir.
First off, these a one of the topics we have discussed in our church telegram group, I know the damn answer but I wanted to know other people's point of view.... Is there a problem with that?
Secondly, you barely even answered my question and I'm sure no one asked for that story you just wrote.
And lastly, I don't need to expain absolutely nothing about myself, or my family or whatever guy you're on about.

Peace!