Questions about Psychology

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
People who dislike counselors and counseling are likely afraid of seeing themselves as they really are and being held accountable for their behavior. IMO

I think that's what keeps people from Christianity as well. It's hard for people to put themselves aside in general, for many reasons, whether that be to improve ones self in the face of a doctor or to submit to the creator. In both cases you're under examination of some sort and asked to make changes.
 
I think that's what keeps people from Christianity as well. It's hard for people to put themselves aside in general, for many reasons, whether that be to improve ones self in the face of a doctor or to submit to the creator. In both cases you're under examination of some sort and asked to make changes.

Ya...totally. Vulnerability is a tough thing to get comfortable with.....but it is so worth it.
 
When are you going to start? :)
I started a long time ago...as a matter of fact..and I am not bragging at all...but my counselor likes to see me so much that he doesn't charge me for his services....he is a christian man and we talk about the bible, Jesus and lots of good stuff.
 
I started a long time ago...as a matter of fact..and I am not bragging at all...but my counselor likes to see me so much that he doesn't charge me for his services....he is a christian man and we talk about the bible, Jesus and lots of good stuff.

Glad your getting the help you need :)