Questions you have been too polite to ask but always have wanted to.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

renewed_hope

Opening car doors all the time. The few times I've tried it it seemed unappreciated anyways. So why bother?
Have you ever thought to ask why she didn't show appreciation for opening the door? Sometimes women forget and take the little things for granted and she may be a little nervous being out with you. I try to remember to say thank you, but I have forgotten and showed it in other ways. Just know she is human. But trust me when she is out with her girlfriends the next day, she brings up how sweet you were of opening the car door and was a complete gentleman :)

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Why don’t men open the car door for women these days?
Because most women don't wear dresses, or have them long enough for them to get caught outside in a door/ horse and carriage like they used to. Im assuming that's where the whole "ladies first" thing came in.. Guy needed to be behind her to make sure she doesn't get caught in a closing door.

Why do women expect men to open to car door for them these days?
Because as little girls they probably watched too many princess movies and identified with them and as they moved into adulthood, a bit of that still remained, except they forgot that most, if not all of the princesses had dresses. So now when they ask a man to open/close the door for them hes like "for what?". My suggestion to her if she wants that type of door action, is for her to get one of those 1800's dresses. Pretty sure all kinds of people will hold doors open and close for her.

Other than that i don't really see the point.. I have seen firsthand how hard
and fast women can fling open a freezer to get at ice cream.

U

Ugly

You've been with the wrong folks then. I open the door for my grandma, aunts, uncles, even strangers.That's how I was raised. If a gentlemen opens a door for me, he is thanked. That's the Texas way. My son's would run ahead of me to open doors for me. both son's still do. To me it is a form of honor and respect, where I'm from it is both appreciated and reciprocated.
Firstly the CONTEXT of the statement was in reference to dating/romance only.
Secondly further context shows it was directly related to car doors also.
Thirdly the notion that the "wrong people" in this world are people not conforming to man made rules is patently ridiculous.
Lastly the notion that my family and friends would qualify as the "wrong people" is flatly insulting.
You pride yourself on opening doors yet feel no qualms insulting ones friends and family. Who really qualifies as the "wrong people" here?

Oh. And in reference to your out of context commentary I DO hold doors open. Even with having two bad hips, trouble walking and a crutch I still hold doors for people. Just like any of my friends or family would.
I'm afraid your cheap digs backfired.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

For my lovely and handsome american friends I wanted to ask this but I am worried some people will get offended...but no offense I am just curious... Do you guys really eat pizza,burger chips, and steak
Because most women don't wear dresses, or have them long enough for them to get caught outside in a door/ horse and carriage like they used to. Im assuming that's where the whole "ladies first" thing came in.. Guy needed to be behind her to make sure she doesn't get caught in a closing door.

Because as little girls they probably watched too many princess movies and identified with them and as they moved into adulthood, a bit of that still remained, except they forgot that most, if not all of the princesses had dresses. So now when they ask a man to open/close the door for them hes like "for what?". My suggestion to her if she wants that type of door action, is for her to get one of those 1800's dresses. Pretty sure all kinds of people will hold doors open and close for her.

Other than that i don't really see the point.. I have seen firsthand how hard
and fast women can fling open a freezer to get at ice cream.
Culture thing maybe I don't really care if a man will open the door for me or not ...but if he does wow that is very impressive 😍 he is a real gentleman :)

I met quite a few and I reciprocated the gesture with a smile and a gentle thank you ❤

S

Sweetmorningdew78

For my lovely and handsome american friends I wanted to ask this but I am worried some people will get offended...but no offense I am just curious... Do you guys really eat pizza,burger chips, and steak

Culture thing maybe I don't really care if a man will open the door for me or not ...but if he does wow that is very impressive 😍 he is a real gentleman :)

I met quite a few and I reciprocated the gesture with a smile and a gentle thank you ❤
Oh goodness the first paragraph on top I dont really want to ask that anymore 😭 why it is still included 😭

Faith-n-Christ

May 12, 2016
Firstly the CONTEXT of the statement was in reference to dating/romance only.
Secondly further context shows it was directly related to car doors also.
Thirdly the notion that the "wrong people" in this world are people not conforming to man made rules is patently ridiculous.
Lastly the notion that my family and friends would qualify as the "wrong people" is flatly insulting.
You pride yourself on opening doors yet feel no qualms insulting ones friends and family. Who really qualifies as the "wrong people" here?

Oh. And in reference to your out of context commentary I DO hold doors open. Even with having two bad hips, trouble walking and a crutch I still hold doors for people. Just like any of my friends or family would.
I'm afraid your cheap digs backfired.
First and foremost, I made an observation and a comment. Secondly, it was not a cheap shot nor meant to offend. Thirdly your not the only person in this world who knows about limited mobility. And fourth my dear friend your bark does not concern. I bark back. 😉 Have a blessed night my friend.

P.S. turmeric and ginger does wonders for joints.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Why don’t men open the car door for women these days?
Short Answer Feminism

Long Answer no man likes to be hated upon by feminists.. And because feminists do not carry a stamp on their forehead with the warning ""beware toxic hate filled feminist"" most guys are not prepared to take the chance they are dealing with a feminist..

U

Ugly

First and foremost, I made an observation and a comment. Secondly, it was not a cheap shot nor meant to offend. Thirdly your not the only person in this world who knows about limited mobility. And fourth my dear friend your bark does not concern. I bark back. 😉 Have a blessed night my friend.

P.S. turmeric and ginger does wonders for joints.
An uninformed, out of context comment.
Referring to my family and friends as "the wrong people" wasn't an insult? Hmm...
/looks through my post and sees nothing about claiming to be the only one
I've no doubt you know plenty about barking.
Adding Christianese doesn't disguise your words.
Does it do wonders for dying bones? Because that's what I have.

An inability to acknowledge your mistakes is an undesirable character trait. Thanks for showing yours so early on after joining.

Faith-n-Christ

May 12, 2016
Referring to my family and friends as "the wrong people" wasn't an insult? Hmm...

An inability to acknowledge your mistakes is an undesirable character trait. Thanks for showing yours so early on after joining.
Ok thank you for you opinion.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, there are people who eat only these things. There is even one girl who has eaten nothing but McDonald's chicken nuggets, morning, noon and night, for years. They aren't the healthiest people in the world, but they do eat pizza, burgers, chips and... well, usually not steak but more fast food burgers... for most of their meals.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Because power tools and moving engine parts have a nasty habit of taking fingers off if they interact with rings at high speed. In the absence of a ring, you will more likely get a damaged but repairable finger.
Did you wear your ring when not working?

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Did you wear your ring when not working?
Actually I see his point.

Surgeons don’t wear jewellery when they work cause we all know what might possibly happen.......😱

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Actually I see his point.

Surgeons don’t wear jewellery when they work cause we all know what might possibly happen.......😱

??????????????????

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Yeah, there are people who eat only these things. There is even one girl who has eaten nothing but McDonald's chicken nuggets, morning, noon and night, for years. They aren't the healthiest people in the world, but they do eat pizza, burgers, chips and... well, usually not steak but more fast food burgers... for most of their meals.

Fast food burgers are nasty. Mickey D's uses pink slime and ammonia in theirs.. #true story

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

"Early on after joining"? She's been here for TWO YEARS.. lol

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Single men: would you be the type to ask the womans parents for permission first for their daughters hand in marriage or just propose to your woman?
As I am long past the age when I would be dating a woman still living with her parents, the answer is No.

In a previous life, I did ask.