Rabbi Schneider, fight with Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Perhaps you could give us a brief summary? Most people aren't going to click on a video without some more information. Who is this "Rabbi Schneider" anyway? If he's not a Christian, he has nothing more to offer than the seven sons of Sceva did.

Dec 16, 2019
Perhaps you could give us a brief summary? Most people aren't going to click on a video without some more information. Who is this "Rabbi Schneider" anyway? If he's not a Christian, he has nothing more to offer than the seven sons of Sceva did.
He is a very good messianic Jewish preacher. There is a lot of videos on the internet. He is really right.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
Kirt Schneider is doing a great job of trying to get Christians to understand the beauty of the Jewish people and the importance of learning from them to properly interpret and apply the Scriptures. This is similar to what Paul communicates in Romans 9 and elsewhere.

[4] They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises. [5] To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

I’m currently reading and enjoying his book titled The Lion of Judah. Here’s an excerpt from it that is apropos.

“Jesus says in Revelation 22:16, ‘I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.’ Not only does Jesus describe Himself by associating with David, Israel’s greatest king, but His description indicates something profound that can only be possible through Him. Jesus is both the root (the beginning) and the offspring (the fruit). If you think about it, this is logically impossible. Nothing can be both the creator and the created … except for Jesus! He was the root of all peoples but describes Himself in particular as the root of Israel’s royal line—through David. And He is the offspring of David biologically, as we have already seen in Jesus’ lineage recorded in Matthew. The same person who created the Jewish line lives today as its ultimate fulfillment!” (p. 31).

As an American born in the late 1900s, I have been personally trying to discover the original meaning of the Hebrew authors of the Bible and their intention by realizing and riding myself of the bias of the Western culture in which I live and was raised. This is in keeping with proper hermeneutics, where we must discipline ourselves to investigate the culture and mindset of the authors of the Bible. Weston W. Fields, in his article “Early and Medieval Jewish Interpretation of the Song of Songs” from the Grace Theological Journal, puts it this way when he says, “… [T]he interpreter must be especially careful that he does not judge the book on the basis of his Western culture, question its canonicity, and allegorize its historical meaning away so completely that its original intention, meaning, and use are entirely obscured” (p. 222).

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I got through half of it. The man does identify himself as a Christsian. Just pointing out the fact that Jesus will come back as a warrior, not a baby. Nothing controversial. Has nothing to do with fighting against Jesus.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Just pointing out the fact that Jesus will come back as a warrior
I truly believe this is where all of prophecy gets distorted. Jesus already as a warrior.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is important for all who believe to understand the Two Edged Sword of His Mouth is what slays His enemies. The Sword is the same given to us, His Teaching, that is, The Word.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I meant to say Jesus came the first time as a warrior.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
i see the word rabbi i wont even click this man is so ignorant of scripture he doesnt even know Jesus said there should be no man called rabbi.

Dec 16, 2019
Kirt Schneider is doing a great job of trying to get Christians to understand the beauty of the Jewish people and the importance of learning from them to properly interpret and apply the Scriptures. This is similar to what Paul communicates in Romans 9 and elsewhere.

[4] They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises. [5] To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

I’m currently reading and enjoying his book titled The Lion of Judah. Here’s an excerpt from it that is apropos.

“Jesus says in Revelation 22:16, ‘I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.’ Not only does Jesus describe Himself by associating with David, Israel’s greatest king, but His description indicates something profound that can only be possible through Him. Jesus is both the root (the beginning) and the offspring (the fruit). If you think about it, this is logically impossible. Nothing can be both the creator and the created … except for Jesus! He was the root of all peoples but describes Himself in particular as the root of Israel’s royal line—through David. And He is the offspring of David biologically, as we have already seen in Jesus’ lineage recorded in Matthew. The same person who created the Jewish line lives today as its ultimate fulfillment!” (p. 31).

As an American born in the late 1900s, I have been personally trying to discover the original meaning of the Hebrew authors of the Bible and their intention by realizing and riding myself of the bias of the Western culture in which I live and was raised. This is in keeping with proper hermeneutics, where we must discipline ourselves to investigate the culture and mindset of the authors of the Bible. Weston W. Fields, in his article “Early and Medieval Jewish Interpretation of the Song of Songs” from the Grace Theological Journal, puts it this way when he says, “… [T]he interpreter must be especially careful that he does not judge the book on the basis of his Western culture, question its canonicity, and allegorize its historical meaning away so completely that its original intention, meaning, and use are entirely obscured” (p. 222).
Thank you brother, God bless you, be strong in the name of Jesus and spread the true in the world