Re: Thread On Catholic And Other Religions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
Disclosure: My religion is directly to and from my Divine Father
It is Him and only Him from whom I take direction.

It is amusing though that with thousands of denominations how the Christian faith directly from Christ
Has been shredded into who is right and who is wrong and Catholics are not Christian and Latter Day Saints
don't belong as a Christians. Let me settle this once and for all. Jesus said love the Lord your God and
your neighbor as yourself, that was the one and only commandment of Jesus. He went on to illustrate
that if you don't love your neighbor and say you love God, you're a liar. I really don't sense much fuzzy
love in much that is written on this site. If Jesus was here today, He would be pulling His hair out at
the stupidity. When we surrender our hearts to God and we make a mistake, God did not say He will kill us.
If someone sees something different than you do. And remember Jesus came to unite and not destroy.

God bless you all and please
Love your neighbor

Jan 17, 2020

It is amusing though that with thousands of denominations how the Christian faith directly from Christ
Has been shredded into who is right and who is wrong and Catholics are not Christian and Latter Day Saints
don't belong as a Christians. Let me settle this once and for all. Jesus said love the Lord your God and
your neighbor as yourself, that was the one and only commandment of Jesus. He went on to illustrate
that if you don't love your neighbor and say you love God, you're a liar. I really don't sense much fuzzy
love in much that is written on this site. If Jesus was here today, He would be pulling His hair out at
the stupidity. When we surrender our hearts to God and we make a mistake, God did not say He will kill us.
If someone sees something different than you do. And remember Jesus came to unite and not destroy.

Love your neighbor
“The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.” Luke 18:11–14 (KJV 1900)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The Catholic and Protestant faiths are denominations, all of which are under the umbrell of Christian or Christianity.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Love your neighbor
"Latter Day Saints" are NOT Christians. They teach that God the Father was once a human being, and that humans may become gods equal to Him.

As for Catholics, many of their doctrines are distinctly unbiblical and even contra-biblical. You cannot be a Catholic and reject their unbiblical doctrines, therefore the Catholic organization is not Christian.

Aside from that, Jesus knows those who are His, and He has redeemed them. He will sift the wheat from the chaff at the judgment.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
"Latter Day Saints" are NOT Christians. They teach that God the Father was once a human being, and that humans may become gods equal to Him.

As for Catholics, many of their doctrines are distinctly unbiblical and even contra-biblical. You cannot be a Catholic and reject their unbiblical doctrines, therefore the Catholic organization is not Christian.

Aside from that, Jesus knows those who are His, and He has redeemed them. He will sift the wheat from the chaff at the judgment.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
so do you think God will kill them?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Love your neighbor
What do you expect_ There is NO denomination which may be put on Jesus-Yeshua and the Apostles.
Similar to you but not quite the same, I have gone on record here in the BDF that I am not of any named denomination under the umbrella called Christian or Christianity. My faith is a gift from our Eternal Father which led me to believe Jesus-Yeshua, and He has taught me that I am of the faith of Abraham. Being of Abraham is a little more involved than it sounds.
When the Holy Spirit entered into my heart, I was joyous to say the least, and concurrently dismayed and offended by the manner in which our Savior has been maligned by so many so/called faiths. Take it from here but remember a person may seem one thing when the cause of it is actually exactly what you do not see in so many.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
One prophecy which soothes my concern for the true believers is how our Maker is going to call His people out of the Great Whore. I believe this also includes her daughters.

Do not fret over believers being temporarily deceived in this age, this too is necessary in order for them to exit this age in glory...

E

EleventhHour

Love your neighbor
Let me settle this once and for all.
I am thinking you have not.

Jesus stated "I am with you always" so He is here,

And what He tells us in His word is >>> No man comes to the Father except by Me

Works of man >>> Religion do not save.

There is no unity WITH Jesus by "Religion"...nope, nope, nope

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The wages of sin is death, the same as it always has been. That's true for you, me, every Christian, and every non-Christian.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
They are already dead. There is no Spiritual life in them. They remain dead in trespass and sin.

Jesus said He did not come to judge because the world was already judged. He came to bring life to those who would receive Him as their Savior.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

B

Bede

No Catholic doctrine (properly understood) contradicrs scripture (properly interpreted).

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No Catholic doctrine (properly understood) contradicrs scripture (properly interpreted).
Bahahahahaha...

Those are weasel words, carefully chosen to make it sound like Catholic doctrine is biblical while obscuring the truth that it is not.

B

Bede

Bahahahahaha...

Those are weasel words, carefully chosen to make it sound like Catholic doctrine is biblical while obscuring the truth that it is not.
No, It's very simple and reasonable.
No Catholic doctrine (properly understood) means just that. Critics of Catholic teaching usually present a distorted and misunderstood version of Catholic teaching. What would be the point of discussing such such a version?

Then the second part. What is the value of comparing Catholic doctrine (when it has finally been understood) to a distorted interpretation of scripture?
Of course we can argue about correct interpretation but you seem to be taking the stance that you are infallible in scriptural interpretation.

So not weasel words. Just stating the basis for a rational discussion.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No Catholic doctrine (properly understood) means just that. Critics of Catholic teaching usually present a distorted and misunderstood version of Catholic teaching. What would be the point of discussing such such a version?

Then the second part. What is the value of comparing Catholic doctrine (when it has finally been understood) to a distorted interpretation of scripture?
What is the point of discussing non-biblical fantasies such as the immaculate conception? There is no possible way to make that a biblical doctrine.

Of course we can argue about correct interpretation but you seem to be taking the stance that you are infallible in scriptural interpretation.
This ain't about me, period.

Are you here to discuss the actual content of the Bible, or to defend the fantasies of a corrupt, deviant organization?

E

EleventhHour

There is no need to distort Roman Catholic teaching ... even when "properly understood" it is distortion of scripture.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
I am thinking you have not.

Jesus stated "I am with you always" so He is here,

And what He tells us in His word is >>> No man comes to the Father except by Me

Works of man >>> Religion do not save.

There is no unity WITH Jesus by "Religion"...nope, nope, nope

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
it is good to know the hearts of those people that you have destined to be killed and was not just singling out 2 religions but all the Christian religions. God is the
final judge and not the human feeble mind that have absolutely no perception who God is

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014

Love your neighbor
To me catholic is not Christian. Is that mean l hate catholic?

No Jesus say love your enemy. Love mean not Lie to your enemy.

If you love than you tell the truth. Catholic teaching is not Christian teaching.

So tell them to back to the bible. Out of love, not out of hate, they teach to pray to Mary. That is danger, because they not realy pray to Mary. It is spirit of darkness that pretend to be Mary.

Some years ago my neighbors pray to Mary, than Mary appear to her, Mary asked her to fast, she did and almost die, If not her neighbors call ambulance and took her to the hospital.
This religion more danger than muslim, we know muslim not from the Lord, but catholic, some people think It is Christian, more cunning. Yes God want unity among believer but God want us seperate from idol worshiper though we have to love them.

Matt 10
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I feel that the rational thing for Christians to do would be to dispose of all things denominational and simply follow Christ and His Word. Heavenly unity should be our(Christians) goal even now.