----------------------------------------------------------------------Please accept my condolences on the passing of your husband.
And thank you for these illustrations, Joidevivre. One of our children is being treated for brain and spine cancer at St. Jude Children's Hospital. I'll be printing out several of these for him as he goes through seven months of combination chemotherapy (several chemo drugs for each 28-day cycle) starting in just three short weeks. God provided me with just the right cards for him as he received radiation treatment for six weeks, and seeing this thread, I know that many of these illustrations will be an encouragement to him, as well.
You have communicated the simple beauty of the reality of God walking with us through this life's troubles using a character and illustrating in such a way that any age can grasp, embrace, and hopefully receive His care.
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (from Mt. 10)
And if God cares so well for Red Bird, such comfort we can take in His care for us \o/!
What a gift God has given to you, and turn, us. Thank you so much!
Much love in Christ,
-JGIG
----------------------------------------------------------------------
may our heavenly Father bless and keep you and yours, JGIG, and give you all
the strength and perseverance and hope you will need at this time in your lives...
we are in full agreement with your appreciation of Joi's beautiful artwork and its power, AMEN....
You are funny Ricky - My first edition collectors prints are right here. It is okay to print these - they don't belong to me anyway. They are God's creations as He inspired me to paint. To bring joy to people. If I cared about "possession and $$", I would not put them here.
You have given me an idea to put them on mugs for the special people in my life. And make personal cards out of them.
I wish you were my agent!
Dear JGIG, What can I say.... your words really touched my heart and brought me such affirmation that these are truly from the Lord for His purposes. I pray that they greatly minister to your child in many ways - to bring him comfort, joy and most of all trust in the Lord's care.
I also pray for your son to know the healing power of His Lord - that you, too, will be comforted as you go through this with him. I pray a blessing over every drug that he will be taking into his body, to be anointed in such a way that it will do its work without any complications.
God bless your family in all ways. Please let us know how things progress.
Love,
Joi
