Red moon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Red moon for 2 years in a row on the festival of trees. In 2017 the red moon was the day after the festival of trees. Genesis 1:14 signs that will mark out religious festivals, days and years.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I think maybe the more profound thing is that the blood moon landed on the exact date of trumps inauguration. Personally I am not putting to much stock in this blood moon but I also am not plugging my ears either. I don't believe in coincidence or accidents and the very date the blood moon landed is neither of those but we have to remember that it is a sign meaning it is to point to something it is never the instigator.
When the blood moon tetrads happened the whole internet went chaotic expecting an huge cataclysmic event to happen either on or near the tetrads and when nothing happened a lot of people lost faith in the signs because they could not read them correctly.

There is wisdom in studying watching and reading the signs but always be wary not to get to carried away with them lest you forget the difference between God himself and the things of God. Aside from the signs I have felt something stirring inside me for the last couple of years of something coming something profound and huge as if whatever it is is going to be a major game changer I don't know what it is exactly or even how soon it actually is but if these signs truly from God and are prophetic in nature I think they are tied to it somehow

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
To a red moon??

Seriously?
Well blue God has often used signs to speak us that is how the three wise men knew the coming of our Lord and savior they knew how to read the signs in the heavens

Apr 15, 2017
Joe 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
Joe 3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
Joe 3:16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
Isa 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
Isa 13:11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

This would be more close to the battle of Armageddon which is years away.

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

I also believe that the moon turning to blood is years away, and close to the battle of Armageddon, for at the same time the sun shall withdraw her shining the same as the stars.

And will occur when the wicked shall hide themselves in the dens, and rocks of the mountains to hide from the wrath of the Lamb of God, which is not occurring now, and has not occurred yet.

Also it happens around the time that the stars fall from heaven, which must mean when the devils are cast to earth in the future, and the earth becomes the habitation of devils, and their holding cell, and they deceive all people that do not love God to follow the beast.

Which during the first three and one half years of the 7 years period, repentance, and salvation is still available to the world, but they do not turn to God at the end of that time, but still go on with their plan to believe in no personal God, but honor the God of forces, for they believe in evolution, and nothing can be taught contrary to it, and when they do not turn to God then He gives them the man of sin to rule over them, and the devils are cast to earth.

That is my interpretation, but of course I will not be hasty, but I do not believe the blood moon has occurred yet, but that it is closer to the battle of Armageddon, and the beast reigning over the nations that is still years away.

But God did say He will show signs, but I believe the moon turning to blood is years away when the world is in the 7 years period that deceives the wicked to follow the beast, and brings Israel to the truth, for at that time the sun, and moon shall not give off their light, and the stars shall withdraw their shining, which all of that has not happened at one time.

Buckle

Jun 3, 2016
Well blue God has often used signs to speak us that is how the three wise men knew the coming of our Lord and savior they knew how to read the signs in the heavens
God used what they new to point even pagans to the fact His son was born. This does not mean we are meant to start following astrology. God uses pagans, he doesn't want us to become them.

Buckle

Jun 3, 2016
Joe 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
Joe 3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
Joe 3:16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
Isa 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
Isa 13:11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

This would be more close to the battle of Armageddon which is years away.

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

I also believe that the moon turning to blood is years away, and close to the battle of Armageddon, for at the same time the sun shall withdraw her shining the same as the stars.

And will occur when the wicked shall hide themselves in the dens, and rocks of the mountains to hide from the wrath of the Lamb of God, which is not occurring now, and has not occurred yet.

Also it happens around the time that the stars fall from heaven, which must mean when the devils are cast to earth in the future, and the earth becomes the habitation of devils, and their holding cell, and they deceive all people that do not love God to follow the beast.

Which during the first three and one half years of the 7 years period, repentance, and salvation is still available to the world, but they do not turn to God at the end of that time, but still go on with their plan to believe in no personal God, but honor the God of forces, for they believe in evolution, and nothing can be taught contrary to it, and when they do not turn to God then He gives them the man of sin to rule over them, and the devils are cast to earth.

That is my interpretation, but of course I will not be hasty, but I do not believe the blood moon has occurred yet, but that it is closer to the battle of Armageddon, and the beast reigning over the nations that is still years away.

But God did say He will show signs, but I believe the moon turning to blood is years away when the world is in the 7 years period that deceives the wicked to follow the beast, and brings Israel to the truth, for at that time the sun, and moon shall not give off their light, and the stars shall withdraw their shining, which all of that has not happened at one time.
The "blood" moon as people like to call it is a semi regular occurrence, I doubt that this is what God is talking about. Something like what is spoken of in Job would be a clear, out of the norm, thing. Not one of the two blood moons every three years or so where someone could miss it completely. I didn't even know it was a "blood" moon last night, doubt I will miss God's blood moon.

J

jaybird88

God used what they new to point even pagans to the fact His son was born. This does not mean we are meant to start following astrology. God uses pagans, he doesn't want us to become them.
Genesis 1:14
And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years,

no where in the passage does it mention the signs are for pagans and only pagans.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011

yep the Magi probably worked it out from the books after Judah returned to Jerusalem.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Astrology is the study of the stars, knowing and studying the signs that God gives in the heavens is not even close to the same thing.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
ps ,,,famous quote from Buckle said,,,,"he doesn't want us to become them"<--Magi?

Buckle

Jun 3, 2016
Genesis 1:14
And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years,

no where in the passage does it mention the signs are for pagans and only pagans.
The main idea of the verse you used is to describe God's purpose for these lights, according to His command. They were to separate day from night, as well as to serve as signs of days, years, and "seasons," which in this context refers to sacred times.

Clearer in the amplified version, "Then God said, “Let there be light-bearers (sun, moon, stars) in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be useful for signs (tokens) [of God’s provident care], and for marking seasons, days, and years; "

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The astrologers from the beginning were not like the cultists of today with twelve zodiacal signs

They used th stars, planets, sun and moon to determine such things as the lunar calendar, the important times of the year, seasons that is, and feast days.

It had nothing to do with "what's your sign?" It was quite simple actually.

I almost forgot, the wise men from the east knew of such things and more it seems.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Whenever I see a thread about ''Blood Moons'' and other natural events I wonder how I am supposed to react to them. Am I supposed to run around with a Sandwich Board and Megaphone shouting the end of the world is nigh? Is my faith supposed to be based on
the number of Red Moons appearing or in Christ?