(Refuting Penal Substitution) Jesus Did NOT Satisfy the Wrath of God On The Cross!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 20, 2019
We obviously know dat Gods wrath is his cup of indignation.

did jesus satisfy the wrath of God? Know don’t be 2 hasty and comment based opinions, on what ur church has taught u, wat uv herd off the pulpit or wat manly tradition says, if u look (deep) into the bible you wont find where jesus (satify’s) or drinks from the cup of Gods wrath.

John 18:11

Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?
Ull Only find where jesus provided a substitute 2 wave Gods wrath instead, there 2 different things, Gods wrath still remains just look at scripture,

Revelation 14:9-10 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Acts 12:23 God smote king herod for not giving him glory.

Acts 5 Ananias and Sapphira struck down dead for holding back the money from God!!
R
omans 1:18 the wrath of God is revealed from heaven

Romans 2:5-8 they treasure up wrath for the day of judgment!!

Colossians 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
So we sea throughout the new testament especially revelations where Gods wrath is being poured out onto sinners with the releasing of the seals.
Cup of Gods wrath has not been emptied, Cup of wrath is still full folks even after the cross.

If Gods wrath was satisfied at the cross then why is he still pouring out his wrath on people?
If jesus satisified the wrath of God theres no more need of forgiveness of sins, jesus would have paid off our debt. But yet God still requires servitude,

obedience because our debts havnt completely gone he just turns his face at them, matt 6:12 father forgive us our debts.
Through Christ we have the forgiveness of sin they God may have mercy on us, not that they’ve vanish away.

If all sins are paid 4 then theres no more mercy 2 give, mercy is when God doesn’t give us wat we deserve, its when he turns away from giving us wrath like the Passover, the death of pharaohs 1st borns!!

Jan 17, 2020
Jesus died only for believers and absorbed God's wrath for them only.

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36 (KJV 1900)

E

EleventhHour

did jesus satisfy the wrath of God? Know don’t be 2 hasty and comment based opinions, on what ur church has taught u, wat uv herd off the pulpit or wat manly tradition says, if u look (deep) into the bible you wont find where jesus (satify’s) or drinks from the cup of Gods wrath.

Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?
Ull Only find where jesus provided a substitute 2 wave Gods wrath instead, there 2 different things, Gods wrath still remains just look at scripture,

Revelation 14:9-10 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Acts 5 Ananias and Sapphira struck down dead for holding back the money from God!!
R

Colossians 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
So we sea throughout the new testament especially revelations where Gods wrath is being poured out onto sinners with the releasing of the seals.
Cup of Gods wrath has not been emptied, Cup of wrath is still full folks even after the cross.

If Gods wrath was satisfied at the cross then why is he still pouring out his wrath on people?
If jesus satisified the wrath of God theres no more need of forgiveness of sins, jesus would have paid off our debt. But yet God still requires servitude,

obedience because our debts havnt completely gone he just turns his face at them, matt 6:12 father forgive us our debts.
Through Christ we have the forgiveness of sin they God may have mercy on us, not that they’ve vanish away.

If all sins are paid 4 then theres no more mercy 2 give, mercy is when God doesn’t give us wat we deserve, its when he turns away from giving us wrath like the Passover, the death of pharaohs 1st borns!!

So far you not refuted anything.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
It is a Satanic trend to reject penal substitutionary atonement.

Any talk about God's wrath toward sin AND sinners causes liberals to get queasy. This doesn't fit their view of God, which is a Play-doh god of their own making.

I suggest watching American Gospel: Christ Crucified.

It may cost $5 but it's well worth it.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/christcrucified

This denial of penal substitutionary atonement is simply liberal trash.

And, this doctrine is core to Christianity. I don't think anyone can be a sound Christian and teach against it. In fact, I would doubt their Christianity.

This teaching video features solid teachers who are both synergistic and monergistic. Fortunately none of them deny penal substitutionary atonement.

This issue has been most prevalent amongst the wishy-washy "emergent church". Guys like Rob Bell, Bart Campolo, Bryan McLaren, etcetera. They are goat-preachers.

They are simply unable to accept God as he is. One can simply read Romans and dismiss their falsehoods about Him.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
It is a Satanic trend to reject penal substitutionary atonement.

Any talk about God's wrath toward sin AND sinners causes liberals to get queasy. This doesn't fit their view of God, which is a Play-doh god of their own making.

I suggest watching American Gospel: Christ Crucified.

It may cost $5 but it's well worth it.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/christcrucified

This denial of penal substitutionary atonement is simply liberal trash.

And, this doctrine is core to Christianity. I don't think anyone can be a sound Christian and teach against it. In fact, I would doubt their Christianity.

This teaching video features solid teachers who are both synergistic and monergistic. Fortunately none of them deny penal substitutionary atonement.

This issue has been most prevalent amongst the wishy-washy "emergent church". Guys like Rob Bell, Bart Campolo, Bryan McLaren, etcetera. They are goat-preachers.

They are simply unable to accept God as he is. One can simply read Romans and dismiss their falsehoods about Him.
LOL Goat Preachers. I love it!

Feb 20, 2019
Jesus died only for believers and absorbed God's wrath for them only.

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36 (KJV 1900)
ok, so whats ur point?

Feb 20, 2019
PEOPLE DONT LISTEN TO ME LISTEN 2 GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT AND SCRIPTURE!! PRAY, FAST AND SEEK GOD EVERY SECOND AND HE WILL GUIDE U 2 TRUTH!! PROV 3:5-6

Feb 20, 2019
Wrath is on unbelievers and not on believers.
Hebrews 10:26-31 King James Version (KJV)
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

R

I was right in my reply to your earlier thread.. You do not have the truth.. It is not in you..

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
This is easily solved..Jesus didn't die for all mankind. He died for the elect.

Therefore, only those who come to faith and repentance are no longer under God's wrath.

This is clearly what Scripture teaches.

Universal atonement, which most free-willers believe in, may have an issue with this, but Reformed people who believe in limited atonement don't.

The non-elect are still under God's wrath and condemnation.

The elect are under God's wrath and condemnation until they repent and place their faith in Jesus.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Did you all notice the tiny transparent logo in the bottom right corner of the OP video? I'm thinking Dove is one Jesse Morrell. A self identified street preacher that has long been exposed as a false teacher. As if the OP doesn't prove this.

Or, they could be someone dedicated to promoting JM's ministry. Which would actually be worse because that means they've been led down the wrong path by a man who is on the wrong path. And as a teacher of that errant understanding of his, seeks to teach others how to go wrong. :( I think we should pray for JM and Dove.

What does the Bible say? God's own words?
The Book of 1st Peter chapter 3:15
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect....

Pastor Emilio Ramos has been preaching weekly at the University of North Texas for 11 years, faithfully preaching the true Gospel and having intellectual conversations with students. Jesse Morrell showed up and Emilio felt it was necessary to confront him and also to make a distinction between them. Emilio doesnt condone the doctrine of Jesse Morrell nor the antics they use. In this video I post the highlights of the full video. Morrell is an open theist/Pelagian/original sin denying/sinless perfectionist, so the combination of errors results in amazing teachings.

Jan 17, 2020
Hebrews 10:26-31 King James Version (KJV)
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (KJV 1900)