Religious Tithing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 29, 2023
NO brother,, we are not publishing all this programs.. we are doing work ,, specially we are with Telugu language,, which is with more than 110 million people, So we never posted the seminars in youtube or some where,, i will send few details to you
Thank you ,,

That would be odd. Didn't Jesus say to not hide our light?

Seems like good gospel teaching should be made public to reach as many as possible.

Is it like an invitational only kinda thing?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Who's going to pay the expenses? Who's going to gas in the van or bus? Who's going to feed the elderly widows or the young mother who's husband was killed in an accident? More importantly. Who's going lead the lost of the community to Christ when the door's of the church close. I see the doors of the churches of your true bible believing Christians, that refuse to give to the church, close on a regular basis.
This is legalistic fearmongering based on a very false dichotomy.

You (and many people who promote "tithing") seem to think there are only two categories of people: those who give (at least) 10%, and those who give nothing at all.

With respect, that's hogwash.

God will move on the hearts of His people to support His work. That support is not (necessarily) a percentage. Christians aren't under the Sinai covenant and aren't mandated in Scripture to give any specific percentage. Period.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
As long as church groups cling to the old model, they will have to teach the false doctrine of tithing to keep the cash flowing. Tithing is mostly responsible for the megachurches. How do they pay for those massive buildings, keep them running and pay all their full-time staff and their celebrity pastors? If they didn't constantly preach tithing it would dry up pretty quick. God's model is love and simplicity, not coercion.

Dec 29, 2023
God will move on the hearts of His people to support His work.

Exactly, and the Lord will make sure those teaching good doctrine will have enough to fulfill their calling if they will believe the Lord to do so. And, the Lord is leading many to give directly to people that need help and bypass churches altogether. He has me doing that one a regular basis.

It's always nice to see some little old lady at the grocery store and get the prompting from the Lord to go give her some money and see them get excited and thank the Lord. This is why I always keep some cash on me because the Lord sure seems to love those little old ladies!

And sometime they're not Christian and I tell them Jesus cares for them and wanted me to bless them with some extra grocery money.

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
Exactly, and the Lord will make sure those teaching good doctrine will have enough to fulfill their calling if they will believe the Lord to do so. And, the Lord is leading many to give directly to people that need help and bypass churches altogether. He has me doing that one a regular basis.

It's always nice to see some little old lady at the grocery store and get the prompting from the Lord to go give her some money and see them get excited and thank the Lord. This is why I always keep some cash on me because the Lord sure seems to love those little old ladies!

And sometime they're not Christian and I tell them Jesus cares for them and wanted me to bless them with some extra grocery money.
It's always good to tell people about Jesus and to help people but doesn't the Bible say we should give without telling anyone?
If a person brags they are looking for human praise. A Christian should give and tell no one because it is between them and God only.
Also God loves anyone 🥰

Dec 29, 2023
It's always good to tell people about Jesus and to help people but doesn't the Bible say we should give without telling anyone?
If a person brags they are looking for human praise. A Christian should give and tell no one because it is between them and God only.
Also God loves anyone 🥰

If I just give them some money and don't tell them the Lord Jesus cares for them and He is the one leading me to do that, then they just think I'm some weird dude that must have banged his head real hard when he was a kid and isn't all there and they need to get away from me as fast as possible... after taking the money of course!

peaceman

Nov 1, 2013
Seems like good gospel teaching should be made public to reach as many as possible.
I am think you need to understand me ,, i am not hiding.. but we are never tried to publish in online, We are doing practical work, it is running very well,, we did the ground work. Indian villages are not with internet facility, so it is not easy to publish in online on every meeting, So i focused to work , not to publish, it is not meaning for hiding.
I may send you the details soon ,, God bless you

Billyd

May 8, 2014
If I just give them some money and don't tell them the Lord Jesus cares for them and He is the one leading me to do that, then they just think I'm some weird dude that must have banged his head real hard when he was a kid and isn't all there and they need to get away from me as fast as possible... after taking the money of course!
If you want to remain anonymous, try slipping them your gift in a gospel track with the name and address of your church.

peaceman

Nov 1, 2013
If you want to remain anonymous, try slipping them your gift in a gospel track with the name and address of your church.
God blessed us to distribute the more than half million tracts in previous years ,, But glad to say,, we are not putting out name on any gospel tract or literature,, Thank God

peaceman

Nov 1, 2013
Are these meetings posted on youtube or rumble?
No brother,, i never went to post in online,, i have kept the message to local people because our mother tongue is different ,,
we have an facebook posting option only,,

Dec 29, 2023
we are never tried to publish in online

You could reach a lot more people if you did

Indian villages are not with internet facility, so it is not easy to publish in online on every meeting

The Star link internet system Elon Musk has is fairly small and just need electricity.

That might be something to look in to because all you do it setup the transponder, plug it in to electricity and it finds the uplink and you have internet access anywhere you go.

I wasn't trying to give you a hard time, just saying if you guys could put your meetings up online it will help reach more people.

i have posted the photos for you.. please pray
Yes, I'll, do that.

I hope you guys have lots of success at reaching people with the Gospel!

It won't be too anonymous since they'll see me giving it to them

And all the churches in my area teach false doctrine so there are no churches around my area I can recommend without sending someone to a den of wolves who will deceive them.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
When it comes to tithing. it's conspicuously missing in the NT except a historical reference in Hebrews.
I have nothing against tithing, but I believe it to be wrong to use it to pay local/state/national leaders who have no biblical excuse to exist.
If tithing is practiced, it should be used for outreach to the poor & needy, not inreach for the rich & lofty.

Dec 29, 2023
And, lots of churches have a mortgage and other debt to service.

Since they are in deep debt they have to lay the guilt trip on people to make them tithe

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
And, lots of churches have a mortgage and other debt to service.

Since they are in deep debt they have to lay the guilt trip on people to make them tithe
Imagine how many missionaries or poor people they could help with that money.

peaceman

Nov 1, 2013
If tithing is practiced, it should be used for outreach to the poor & needy, not inreach for the rich & lofty.
Yes, Not only tithe and free will offerings may come to church. Church elders need to use it for church management,. if we see the Acts 2nd chapter , they used for church people, if we see 4rth and 5th chapters too, they used for widows care, orphan care, and poor people care too.. Same time word of God is giving permit to use it for Evangelist/Pastor need too.. giving is not mistake .,. New testament saying people need to give as they prosper in their souls..

peaceman

Nov 1, 2013
Most of the missionaries needs are high.. they may get little support from mission authorities .. But in fields , in the practical ministry missionaries may face additional struggles and additional needs.. The missionary life is always with struggles. So we need to show the sympathy and charity for them .. i saw their hardships in my practical ministry

peaceman

Nov 1, 2013
You could reach a lot more people if you did
India is not with online facility to every village.. in this decade it is developing to provide the internet to all people by mobiles, Specially 85% to 90 % people are not with laptops, so we have neglected. But in cities there is all facilities.. With this reason i never posted but i used to post in face book only,, Any how recently we are started to post in possible channels,,

peaceman

Nov 1, 2013
Missionary work is a big process.. We can't do all works for every missionary. But we can do some work for possible missionaries. Missionary is an important person in Christian life. So we don't need to neglect Him. Some times we may not able to give full support to missionary, but we can support him in our possible grounds only/. Some thing is better than nothing in all time.