Religon Vs. Science

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nicole_
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I agree with you. If there was no God and all religions and holy books were created by men alone. Then I definitely would not choose Christianity. I probably wouldn't choose anything because I don't like to believe in something that I think is fake.

But I don't know, I probably would have become a freemason for all the worldly connections that can be made to become "successful".
Thanks for your honesty, it means alot.
 
Justin, out of interest...

If somehow the whole abiogensis thing and then the evolution thing was proven to be true... Would you still believe in god?

If somehow the bible was proven to be fake, false etc.. Would you still believe in god?

I think I am well beyond the point of believing that evolution is true. There's just not enough evidence or logic there for me.

To be honest, I am to the point now that even considering that God doesn't exist and that the Bible isn't His word is beyond my comprehension. It is so deeply confirmed and ingrained in me that I cannot begin to understand what my brain would do without that foundation.

When I was younger my mind could understand such things. Now I can not.

It literally defines and influences each and every thought I have
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't try and shift the burden of proof. Your the one making the claim that god exists, I'm saying there is not enough evidence to back that claim up. Its your job as the person making the claim to provide the evidence. Because if it was down to anyone else... then everything exists! Can you prove Zeus doesn't exist? Can you prove Ganesh doesn't exist? No we can't.. Which is why the burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

The bible itself is also not evidence, the bible is the claim.

So unless evidence is provided, I am unable to believe.

People witnessed Jesus' Resurrection, but since you weren't there it didn't happen.

Whatever.
 
Religon Vs. Science


22 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever---"23 therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken.24 He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.

what is science saying.
even a child can conclude when a toy is broken,
even with the help of medication, it would only prolong life. so even with a pill that could give everlasting life, on earth, would not give them wings to leave the planet.
with green house affect and war on this planet, it is only a matter of time before there is a climax and end.

what is religion saying
we are all toast, if there is not a god.

what is god saying.

16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
 
Last edited:
People witnessed Jesus' Resurrection, but since you weren't there it didn't happen.

Whatever.

I doubt many of these atheists posting here can explain the Immaculate Reception.

If that wasn't an Act of God, I don't know what is.

There is my proof of God right there. One of them, anyway.

Did you ever notice that the atheists you encounter in your personal life often believe in something supernatural?

Just not the God of the Bible.

Now, no atheist on this thread is going to say something like: "Vampires really do make people immortal."

But I have found that atheists I have encountered in my personal life do believe in something supernatural.

Ghosts, witches, vampires, whatever.
 
I doubt many of these atheists posting here can explain the

If that wasn't an Act of God, I don't know what is.

There is my proof of God right there. One of them, anyway.

Did you ever notice that the atheists you encounter in your personal life often believe in something supernatural?

Just not the God of the Bible.

Now, no atheist on this thread is going to say something like: "Vampires really do make people immortal."

But I have found that atheists I have encountered in my personal life do believe in something supernatural.

Ghosts, witches, vampires, whatever.
[h=1]Science explained it by test tub baby. ( Immaculate Reception. lol)[/h]
 
I doubt many of these atheists posting here can explain the Immaculate Reception.

If that wasn't an Act of God, I don't know what is.

There is my proof of God right there. One of them, anyway.

Did you ever notice that the atheists you encounter in your personal life often believe in something supernatural?

Just not the God of the Bible.

Now, no atheist on this thread is going to say something like: "Vampires really do make people immortal."

But I have found that atheists I have encountered in my personal life do believe in something supernatural.

Ghosts, witches, vampires, whatever.

I understand why its difficult for some people to believe. Some folks have experienced hardship that goes beyond understanding or they look around and see the current conditions of the world and wonder why it can be this way if God exists. Such folks have my respect and prayers.

But its the arrogance of some atheists that I find so amusing. They attack people of faith because they want so much to believe but don't because they're too headstrong, which is actually a form of weakness. And have you noticed that atheists only attack Christians? Funny how that works.
 
I doubt many of these atheists posting here can explain the Immaculate Reception.
Explained? Who needs to explain it. They got it on video!

[video=youtube;GMuUBZ_DAeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMuUBZ_DAeM[/video]

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sometimes I really crack me up.
 
I understand why its difficult for some people to believe. Some folks have experienced hardship that goes beyond understanding or they look around and see the current conditions of the world and wonder why it can be this way if God exists. Such folks have my respect and prayers.

But its the arrogance of some atheists that I find so amusing. They attack people of faith because they want so much to believe but don't because they're too headstrong, which is actually a form of weakness. And have you noticed that atheists only attack Christians? Funny how that works.

A nation at war doesn't attack allies.
 
I understand why its difficult for some people to believe. Some folks have experienced hardship that goes beyond understanding or they look around and see the current conditions of the world and wonder why it can be this way if God exists. Such folks have my respect and prayers.

But its the arrogance of some atheists that I find so amusing. They attack people of faith because they want so much to believe but don't because they're too headstrong, which is actually a form of weakness. And have you noticed that atheists only attack Christians? Funny how that works.

Your only seeing me speak to Christians because this is the only environment you've seen me in.

Like I said before.. I don't attack peoples faith, I question their claims.
 
Why did you mostly all feel the need to attack the "Atheist position" once me and Colin left the room. If your strongest evidence for God is to love your neighbour why don't you start proving that to us "Atheists"
 
Last edited:
The word science means knowledge, and knowledge is of God. In the book of Timothy, Paul stated that we are to stay away from ideas that opposes the scriptures, and which it isn't knowledge. Theories are ideas but not true facts; but some how people stop at these ideas and started believing that they are facts. God wants us to know the facts, to show whom He is, that He is able to create the whole universe in six days; but without facts, we wouldn't be able to see how great He is. Children can believe that Santa Claus is able to deliver presents to everyone all in one night and think of it as if it is nothing hard to do, but with knowledge, it shows his greatness.

The fact is that the Hebrews were unable to leave from their captors, the powerful nation on the earth at the time, that will be impossible for them to escape.

Exodus 6:7 I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.

Exodus 8:22 “‘But on that day I will deal differently with the land of Goshen, where my people live; no swarms of flies will be there, so that you will know that I, the Lord, am in this land.

Exodus 16:12 “I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, ‘At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.’”

1 Kings 20:13 Meanwhile a prophet came to Ahab king of Israel and announced, “This is what the Lord says: ‘Do you see this vast army? I will give it into your hand today, and then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

Matthew 8:27 The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
 
The word science means knowledge, and knowledge is of God. In the book of Timothy, Paul stated that we are to stay away from ideas that opposes the scriptures, and which it isn't knowledge. Theories are ideas but not true facts; but some how people stop at these ideas and started believing that they are facts. God wants us to know the facts, to show whom He is, that He is able to create the whole universe in six days; but without facts, we wouldn't be able to see how great He is. Children can believe that Santa Claus is able to deliver presents to everyone all in one night and think of it as if it is nothing hard to do, but with knowledge, it shows his greatness.

The fact is that the Hebrews were unable to leave from their captors, the powerful nation on the earth at the time, that will be impossible for them to escape.

Exodus 6:7 I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.

Exodus 8:22 “‘But on that day I will deal differently with the land of Goshen, where my people live; no swarms of flies will be there, so that you will know that I, the Lord, am in this land.

Exodus 16:12 “I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, ‘At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.’”

1 Kings 20:13 Meanwhile a prophet came to Ahab king of Israel and announced, “This is what the Lord says: ‘Do you see this vast army? I will give it into your hand today, and then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

Matthew 8:27 The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

If they are indeed facts... It should be no trouble for you to provide evidence to back up those facts.