Remember the Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 12, 2024
Brother and Sisters,

Some say, “We do not have to keep the Sabbath. Because that is under the old covenant Jewish law!” Yet they want to pick and choose other laws for their gain, like tithing for themselves.

Really, who told you that you are naked and are not under the old covenant and laws? Because that is what you are saying! My King said, I have not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it.

Though the second covenant is “new”, made by the Lord with his creation just as he did with Abraham. The foundation is old and unchanging as is the corner stone. Who said, I have not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. The sacrificial law for sin. To set you free from the bondage of sin and death.

Are we, then, abolishing law through faith? May it never be! Rather, we are establishing law (Romans 3:31).

So then, whose mouth and by what authority has this “change” of the Sabbath day to forget it become spoken and adhered to by followers of man? Tell me, what scripture supports this?

I tell you the truth, it is the mouth of the one who said, eat it, for surly you will not die? Sorry to offend, but If you say it is not, then please help me, share your talent that it may be weighed and measured against the word of God! Using the Holy scripture show me this teaching? Because this has been a journey for me by God to get here to this realization myself. Well, while we wait here is scriptures in the Bible proving the covenant and law does apply.

Remember our Lord said, For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Matthew 5:17

Matthew 12:8

Matthew 19 16-23
Do you not know the Lord knows the hearts of man? When this young man came to him what was his first statement/question?

Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? (You can do no good deed to earn eternal life, even in Judaism). Sacrifice only.

My Lord replied, and why do you call me good? There is only one good, God!
(Hinting at His authority the Father had given Him and who He was). For only God can forgive sins and thereby man have eternal life! Which is the authority given to Christ that we may honor the Son as we honor the Father John 5:22-23.

Knowing this man’s heart he said, keep the commandments. To which he knew the man would reply, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (He summarized them with the last statement). For he knew he lacked these things because he was very rich. Many are never satisfied because that is the way of the flesh. They want and want, and will take and take with no regard who they hurt. They covet, and hold tightly their treasure with greed and little regard for those with less. Because their heart and souls are empty and void for it hungers and is constantly fed of the world instead of God.

The young man said, all these things I have kept from my youth. What else do I lack? (Lie, with pride, no one can keep the commandments)

If you would be perfect, my Lord said, then go and sell all you have. Give it to the poor, and follow me. (The Lord knew how he would answer but gave him one last change to realize it, though he wouldn’t acknowledge his sin and repent)

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. (He stayed in the world because he loved its temporary pleasure on earth more than God). This is the way of the religious as well, because they do not want to see their sin. They deceive themselves like this young man. This is the lesson. I expanded k. This teaching because some try to use it for an argument why the Sabbath is not needed.

Read on part II
Biblically speaking the Torah recognizes the 7th day as Shabbat. The 1st day of the week that Christians choose as their
sabbath is not Biblically supported.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Brother and Sisters,

Some say, “We do not have to keep the Sabbath. Because that is under the old covenant Jewish law!” Yet they want to pick and choose other laws for their gain, like tithing for themselves.

Really, who told you that you are naked and are not under the old covenant and laws? Because that is what you are saying! My King said, I have not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it.

Though the second covenant is “new”, made by the Lord with his creation just as he did with Abraham. The foundation is old and unchanging as is the corner stone. Who said, I have not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. The sacrificial law for sin. To set you free from the bondage of sin and death.

Are we, then, abolishing law through faith? May it never be! Rather, we are establishing law (Romans 3:31).

So then, whose mouth and by what authority has this “change” of the Sabbath day to forget it become spoken and adhered to by followers of man? Tell me, what scripture supports this?

I tell you the truth, it is the mouth of the one who said, eat it, for surly you will not die? Sorry to offend, but If you say it is not, then please help me, share your talent that it may be weighed and measured against the word of God! Using the Holy scripture show me this teaching? Because this has been a journey for me by God to get here to this realization myself. Well, while we wait here is scriptures in the Bible proving the covenant and law does apply.

Remember our Lord said, For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Matthew 5:17

Matthew 12:8

Matthew 19 16-23
Do you not know the Lord knows the hearts of man? When this young man came to him what was his first statement/question?

Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? (You can do no good deed to earn eternal life, even in Judaism). Sacrifice only.

My Lord replied, and why do you call me good? There is only one good, God!
(Hinting at His authority the Father had given Him and who He was). For only God can forgive sins and thereby man have eternal life! Which is the authority given to Christ that we may honor the Son as we honor the Father John 5:22-23.

Knowing this man’s heart he said, keep the commandments. To which he knew the man would reply, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (He summarized them with the last statement). For he knew he lacked these things because he was very rich. Many are never satisfied because that is the way of the flesh. They want and want, and will take and take with no regard who they hurt. They covet, and hold tightly their treasure with greed and little regard for those with less. Because their heart and souls are empty and void for it hungers and is constantly fed of the world instead of God.

The young man said, all these things I have kept from my youth. What else do I lack? (Lie, with pride, no one can keep the commandments)

If you would be perfect, my Lord said, then go and sell all you have. Give it to the poor, and follow me. (The Lord knew how he would answer but gave him one last change to realize it, though he wouldn’t acknowledge his sin and repent)

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. (He stayed in the world because he loved its temporary pleasure on earth more than God). This is the way of the religious as well, because they do not want to see their sin. They deceive themselves like this young man. This is the lesson. I expanded k. This teaching because some try to use it for an argument why the Sabbath is not needed.

Read on part II
The Sabbath was a SIGN of the covenant for ISRAEL alone. Covenant obsolete, no more sign.

Exo 31:13
“Tell the people of Israel: ‘Be careful to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you from generation to generation. It is given so you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy.

Eze 20:12
And I gave them my Sabbath days of rest as a sign between them (ISRAEL) and me. It was to remind them that I am the LORD, who had set them apart to be holy.

Eze 20:20
and keep my Sabbath days holy, for they are a sign to remind you (ISRAEL) that I am the LORD your God.'

Jun 24, 2020
Brother and Sisters,

Some say, “We do not have to keep the Sabbath.
Actually Born again Christians HAVE KEPT the "Sabbath" since we REST in Jesus, and have ceased from our labors.

But the one day out of 7 to rest is also a medical, and mental necessity.