Remember the Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
There was a dear man that used to chat here that was SDA. I can't be sure but do think that his last entry for all temporal time cc was a greeting to me very shortly before hearing of his passing some days later. It didn't seem to me as the usual, "Good morning, Mem," it was especially precious at the time. So, I can't say that misunderstanding doctrine in any way withholds salvation from one that confesses the Lord, and received His death, burial, and resurrection for himself.
I understand wanting to please God as much as we 'can.' However, it is to Jesus that Father says, "I am well pleased," and to the rest of us, He will say, "well done, good and faithful servant," when we have offered that which pleases Him, and that is our faith.

Ted01

May 14, 2022
But why take the one commandment that God said to remember and make it void? Why can't all 10 of the commandments be kept?
I agree it is about having the law writen on the heart by the Spirit of God. It is about walking in the Spirit. God is clear that He GOD almighty made the seventh day holy and sanctified it at creation. He has never in any way changed this Holy day or removed it.
Walking in obedience is to obey His commandments and the Scriptures clearly teach that moral law of Ten commandments have not changed. God wrote them with His own finger... and they are called Ten commandments not 7 or 9 commandments.

We have all become one in Christ so being a Jew or Gentile means nothing.
Jas 2:10-12 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
The one commandment that God said to remember? I thought He said to remember, and obey, ALL of His commandments.
And the Sabbath the real key to understanding what the new covenant is about... God's rest. And Scripture tells us that our rest from all labor, in trying to please God with our own strength is impossible... keeping the 10 commandments is impossible... so we rest in Jesus' finished work.

I know that you won't accept this brother, and I don't like to contend with you on this. So, please just continue on doing it as is right in your own eyes, and I will keep doing things the way that I think that God has instructed me to do.

Dec 29, 2023
I can't say that misunderstanding doctrine in any way withholds salvation from one that confesses the Lord
Depends on what it is.

Jesus said not everyone who calls Him Lord will enter in to His Kingdom.

There are teachings ion the New Testament that tell us trying to keep the old testament law means one has fallen from grace. It's some very sobering reading.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Depends on what it is.

Jesus said not everyone who calls Him Lord will enter in to His Kingdom.

There are teachings ion the New Testament that tell us trying to keep the old testament law means one has fallen from grace. It's some very sobering reading.

14But their minds were closed. For to this day the same veil remains at the reading of the old covenant. It has not been lifted, because only in Christ can it be removed. 15And even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

They will say 'Lord, Lord, didn't I do this or didn't I do that, in your name?" and He will say, "I never knew you." These turned to the law believing that He and the law were equivalent. Yet He is so much more than His shadow, and there is so much more to His substance than His shadow. They were talking to His shadow, and He tells them, imow, 'you're nuts.'

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Look up the reference of the word for "turns to" in 2Cor3:16 and there is an entry to says, "I come to myself," just as it says the prodigal son did when he decided he would return to his father.

Otherwise, we are double-minded and the double-minded are unstable in all his ways (James 1:8).

Dec 29, 2023
Yep, as an young believer I went thru the whole prodigal son experience almost 30 years ago.

It was not fun at all, especially later when the Lord taught me that had I died during that time I would have gone to hell even though I had previous been born again and freed from sin.

This is when I learned the eternal security is not true biblical teaching.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
the Lord taught me that had I died during that time I would have gone to hell even though I had previous been born again and freed from sin.

This is when I learned the eternal security is not true biblical teaching.
Thanks for your experience, however, Because Of Scriptures:

Christ's ALL-Sufficient Work On The Cross!

God's Word Of Truth Clearly And Plainly Teaches:

God's OPERATION On All New-born babes In Christ!
+ Updates: (of # 11) + (of #14)
+
God's Eternal Life Assurance
+
God's Eternal Life Insurance

Which Eliminates man's theory of:

God Never knew those That God Has Always Known! Impossible, eh?

Please review : Mat 7:21-23 cp 2 Timothy 2:19; Ephesians 1:4-6

Please Be Very Richly Encouraged And Edified In Christ
And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

Amen.

Dec 29, 2023
You are welcome to believe once saved always saved but it's not true biblical teaching.

God's word speaks of some departing from the faith in the end time and they could not do that had they not been truly born again in the first place.

No need to argue about that as I'm sure there are plenty of places on the net one can read pro or con on this subject.

I have a ton of scripture the Lord provided to me that prove eternal security is not a teaching of the Lord and it's not something the early church taught or believed either. It all started with augustine who was a pagan monk who brought numerous false teachings in to the church back when Christianity became the state religion of the Roman Empire resulting in Christianity being watered down

Jesus is like Noah's Ark... as long as one is abiding IN the Ark they are saved.

Sinful behavior is throwing one's self overboard and since they are no longer in the safety of the Ark (abiding IN Christ)... they are not longer on their way to Heaven but are once again on their way to hell.... unless they REPENT, confessing their sin to the Lord and forsaking their sin so they can be cleansed of unrighteousness and once again be back in right standing with the Father (see Proverbs 28:13, 1 John 1:9) just like the prodigal son who dead while away but alive once again when he returned to the Father. (see Luke 15:24-26)

The smart ones know this and abide IN Christ so they aren't cut off as Jesus told us about in John 15 which is what happens to those that do not abide IN Him.

I think I'll abide in the vine and remain with the Lord!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
God's word speaks of some departing from the faith in the end time and they could not do that had they not been truly born again in the first place
How do you know that the ones departing from the faith were truly saved (born again)? If they have been giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons, they were never saved to begin with. If you don't believe in the eternal security of the believer, you don't really believe the Bible.

Apr 27, 2023
I could agree that once saved always save is only about dead people :geek:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
14But their minds were closed. For to this day the same veil remains at the reading of the old covenant.
It has not been lifted, because only in Christ can it be removed. 15And even to this day when Moses is
read, a veil covers their hearts. 16But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

They will say 'Lord, Lord, didn't I do this or didn't I do that, in your name?" and He will say, "I never knew you." These
turned to the law believing that He and the law were equivalent. Yet He is so much more than His shadow, and there
is so much more to His substance than His shadow. They were talking to His shadow, and He tells them, imow, 'you're nuts.'

2 Corinthians 3:13-15~ We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing
at the end of what was fading away. But their minds were closed. For to this day the same veil remains at the reading
of the old covenant. It has not been lifted, because only in Christ can it be removed. And even to this day when
Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away
:)

Dec 29, 2023
Correct, Jesus isn't casting people out... some people turn away from Him especially in the end times.

Dec 29, 2023
They become unborn again?
According top Galatians 6 those that sow to the flesh become corrupt.

1 John 1:9 tells us that IF we confess our sins the Lord cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

Apparently it's very possible for a Christian to go from being righteous to being un-righteous.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
According top Galatians 6 those that sow to the flesh become corrupt.

1 John 1:9 tells us that IF we confess our sins the Lord cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

Apparently it's very possible for a Christian to go from being righteous to being un-righteous.
Galatians 6 also says, What counts is a new creation. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, Therefore,
if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

2 Corinthians 5:19 God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s trespasses against them.

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that, just as
Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life.

Romans 4:8 Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him.

From 2 Corinthians 5:17 and Romans 6:13
:)

Apr 11, 2023
Hi brother, I would recommend you prayerfully read, and reread as many times as needed the book of Galatians.

I myself am actually doing this at present and have been doing so for the last few weeks, it has been of great benefit to me and I believe would be to you also.

RR

Mar 13, 2022
Indiana
Some say, “We do not have to keep the Sabbath. Because that is under the old covenant Jewish law!” Yet they want to pick and choose other laws for their gain, like tithing for themselves.
Tell me, does your Sabbath keeping church put to death those who work on the sabbath? Or do you "pick and choose"?

"You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who [b]profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people." - Exodus 31:14